shelved Victory Tour release in 2014?

Fuzball

Proud Member
I haven't seen these entries before.:eek:

Were there any plans for the Victory tours 30th anniversary? Three registrations were made by Optimum Productions in 2014.

LK0jggP.jpg

Tyk0yOB.jpg

6vRYQiA.jpg

Not 100% sure but it seems they're only about photographs. Or would they write "Authorship: photograph(s)" if it's for video?
I don't know I not used to read these documents.

I'm assuming this is more than likely a registration, for the electronic file in their vault. Optimum Productions is basically all things visual owned previously by Jackson & currently by The Estate.

Maybe it's for material used in From Motown to Your Town?

I hope it means they have the entire concert ready for release.

Its probably the reason Toronto got leaked

That's certainly not the case. You have to remember that in the 1980s Michael had all the footage his crew captured later sent to his storage facilities, miles upon miles of 16/35mm film, Betacam transfers, low band Umatics etc. We see an example of such footage in the Patrick Kelley promo I posted in the other thread. Their isn't a chance that Toronto got leaked from the estate's archive. Remember, Optimum Productions for the audio/visual elements. Mijac for the sound recordings.

Could this be related to the Heartbreak hotel footage that was uploaded on the Jacksons YouTube page and then deleted? The footage looked edited for sure. Regardless that tour needs to be released. Thriller Era MJ will appeal to more people. Not to mention all the people who attended in the US.

Could this be related to the Heartbreak hotel footage that was uploaded on the Jacksons YouTube page and then deleted? The footage looked edited for sure. Regardless that tour needs to be released. Thriller Era MJ will appeal to more people. Not to mention all the people who attended in the US.

Can't recall this atm. Do you remember what year that happened?

Steve clarified that particular performance came from an unlicensed laser disc.

Steve clarified that particular performance came from an unlicensed laser disc.

Is this really from a laserdisc tho? The performance only contains one camera angle, save for another wide shot, and the audio does not sound like it comes from the soundboard.

Is this really from a laserdisc tho? The performance only contains one camera angle, save for another wide shot, and the audio does not sound like it comes from the soundboard.
& at 1 point... you can see beat it being performed on the jumbo tron

It isn't uncommon for Michael to be unhappy regarding certain camera angles and audio. This definitely looks like either a low band VHS or laserdisc transfer, clearly edited though. In regards to the audio to me it sounds like it's sourced from the direct soundboard recording with some clear post production on the mix.

Zakk;4318067 said:
It isn't uncommon for Michael to be unhappy regarding certain camera angles and audio. This definitely looks like either a low band VHS or laserdisc transfer, clearly edited though. In regards to the audio to me it sounds like it's sourced from the direct soundboard recording with some clear post production on the mix.

Come on Zak don’t let the fact that you want this to be released cloud your judgement. Listen to Toronto or Dallas or Kansas or even any Bad Tour tv report to hear how a soundboard recording sounds like. This sounds nothing like a soundboard recording. It sounds like it comes directly from the camera used to record this like all other Victory Tour news reports. This isn’t even edited, it is literally one camera. If MJ or The Jackson’s planned to release The Victory Tour I’m almost certain that this was not it.

^That HH clip hasn't any shots from an onstage camera. @Zakk, compare this with the concert concert footages & you'll notice the different camera shots and angles.

Back