Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why didn't Michael include ABC as part of J5 Medley on his tours?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Why didn't Michael include ABC as part of J5 Medley on his tours?

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    Yes, but Lovely One was only included on the first leg of the Bad Tour, which was essentially a copy and paste of the Victory Tour. Michael did the same 3 songs during the J5 medley for all his tours and that was boring, in my opinion. Why not change it up and perform other popular early J5 songs like Dancing Machine, Never Can Say Goodbye, Who's Loving You?

I think the fact that MJ performed the same 3 songs as a part of J5 medley is yet again another example of him being quite lazy and complacent with his set lists.
    Couldn't agree more with this. I wish he changed up his setlists and performances a bit more, for instance he performed WDAN the same way on VT, BWT and DWT with minor changes in the instrumentation, or WBSS that he intended to perform it in 2009 the same way he performed it in all of his former tours since VT, and the list could go on. I understand that his coreographies were iconic but there's always room for reinventing things without losing their original magic you know. Madonna is an example of that, each of her tours brings a different experience to the public with a lot of reinvented performances and yet the GP loves seeing her live (not taking into consideration controversies regarding lateness).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ekans For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ekans View Post
    I wish he changed up his setlists and performances a bit more, for instance he performed WDAN the same way on VT, BWT and DWT with minor changes in the instrumentation, or WBSS that he intended to perform it in 2009 the same way he performed it in all of his former tours since VT, and the list could go on. I understand that his coreographies were iconic but there's always room for reinventing things without losing their original magic you know.
    The only exception MJ did was his 2001 performance of Beat It. Black jacket instead of the iconic red one, as well as an alteration of the choreography.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,238 Posts

don't stop til you get enough is a great party song but it being on stage in my opinion doesn't work.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,238 Posts

don't forget the the other beat it jacket during the dangerous and history tours. he also had black and white one around the early- mid 80's

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.