IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Donator Incentives

Anna

Free As A Bird
:hello:

As I hope you're aware by now, MJJC is in dire need of regular funding to secure the future of the site.
With that in mind, staff would like to know what kind of things would incentivise you to financially support MJJC. So if you have any requests, suggestions, or ideas, please let us know in this thread.

Thank you. :)

For me personally, you guys are doing enough. This is just a great place and I would like to thank everyone envolved, very much! I just wish there were more monthly donators.

Right now, there are 882 users online. In the past 24 hours there were 2876 users and 178 members online. If the members just donated a dollar a month, that would be enough. Skip one cup of coffee a month and donate to this place. Shouldn't be a problem.

I'm amazed there are still only 17 Patreons for a monthly total $ 49,00. Come on people, we can do better!

Considering making some donation, but I'm really new here I didn't want to do it "too early". (Wouldn't be a recurring donation though, I know it's very popular, but it's not how I like to see things).

No real incentive ideas but some things that I wonder whenever I'm making a donation are rather things like what are the (hidden) costs of what I'm supporting. Not necessarily a detailed accountancy but things like: technical requirements such as bandwidth usage, page views/month, data quantity, does it require a costly hosting/server etc. And some idea of the quantity of hidden works for staff member that is required behind.

I've been into various "free" creative activities, including websites, so yeah, I know that there very visible but also very invisible costs.

But the biggest incentive here, for me, from my personal point of view, seems out of control from staff, it's rather like "how useful the forum population is when I'm looking for some thing/info."

Last edited:
For me personally, you guys are doing enough. This is just a great place and I would like to thank everyone envolved, very much! I just wish there were more monthly donators.

Right now, there are 882 users online. In the past 24 hours there were 2876 users and 178 members online. If the members just donated a dollar a month, that would be enough. Skip one cup of coffee a month and donate to this place. Shouldn't be a problem.

I'm amazed there are still only 17 Patreons for a monthly total $ 49,00. Come on people, we can do better!

Thank you for saying this - it's much appreciated. :)

Considering making some donation, but I'm really new here I didn't want to do it "too early". (Wouldn't be a recurring donation though, I know it's very popular, but it's not how I like to see things).

No real incentive ideas but some things that I wonder whenever I'm making a donation are rather things like what are the (hidden) costs of what I'm supporting. Not necessarily a detailed accountancy but things like: technical requirements such as bandwidth usage, page views/month, data quantity, does it require a costly hosting/server etc. And some idea of the quantity of hidden works for staff member that is required behind.

I've been into various "free" creative activities, including websites, so yeah, I know that there very visible but also very invisible costs.

But the biggest incentive here, for me, from my personal point of view, seems out of control from staff, it's rather like "how useful the forum population is when I'm looking for some thing/info."

Really, the only cost is the monthly payment for the server. That's the only thing the owner has ever asked for assistance with. It really isn't a lot of money, if a larger number of people could contribute on a regular basis. Some people signed up as Patrons last year, but have now dropped off, which is unfortunate.

Really, the only cost is the monthly payment for the server. That's the only thing the owner has ever asked for assistance with. It really isn't a lot of money, if a larger number of people could contribute on a regular basis. Some people signed up as Patrons last year, but have now dropped off, which is unfortunate.

That's right, the main issue with this place is the forum data base is hugggeeeeeee..... no free servers would have the amound of data space to handle it, almost 20 years of archives and over 3 million posts has its benefits but also its drawbacks in being able to host it, in fact the database is so big that it takes around 4 to 5 days to transfer it when I have had to upgrade to a newer server lol.

But yes please if anyone can just chip in even a tiny amount collectively then the monthly worry will go away.

You can even become a MJJC patron for as little as $1 a month - https://www.patreon.com/mjjcommunity

Oh and of course I am open to new and fresh ideas to keep momentum going and giving something back to thoe who help out, of of which is the roll out of MJJC Live - https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/145148-MJJCommunity-Live

Maxym;4319110 said:
And some idea of the quantity of hidden works for staff member that is required behind.

We don't get paid, if that's what you mean.

The main duties for moderation staff entail:
Checking and approving queued posts and threads by new members.
Checking new posts and threads and doing any required editing, deleting, relocating, or closing.
Assisting members with requests and enquiries.
Investigating any reports and taking further action if required.
Leaving moderation notices to keep threads on track, diffuse disagreements, or give instructions or reminders to members.
Disciplinary procedures, such as warnings, infractions and temporary bans.

As the admin and owner, Gaz operates and maintains all aspects of the site itself — everything technical and aesthetic. He also manages the moderation staff, changes usernames, administers permanent bans.

Just became a patron, no alot of money, but it literally took 2 minutes to do. Been visiting this site since MJNO, although I never post, I can't imagine not checking on here every few days

That's right, the main issue with this place is the forum data base is hugggeeeeeee..... no free servers would have the amound of data space to handle it, almost 20 years of archives and over 3 million posts has its benefits but also its drawbacks in being able to host it, in fact the database is so big that it takes around 4 to 5 days to transfer it when I have had to upgrade to a newer server lol.
Is there a full backup of the forum?

[FONT=&quot]Today for the first time since losing my job due to covid the server fee for MJJC has come out of my bank and taken me into my overdraft, this now means the countdown has begun. PLEASE HELP US >> https://www.patreon.com/mjjcommunity[/FONT]

I'm sorry to hear that Gaz. I wish you all the best.

Come on people, don't let this happen.

I’ve just made a donation.

Hopefully, some more people will sign up as Patrons .

Donated #MJFam

Please join, if possible

6ecb475d0f4f857cf9191ac0109a0a6b.jpg

Not sure what other incentives would be necessary since this already an amazing hub of all things MJ, with lots of content to download and discuss!! I have zero issue donating whenever I can.....currently have a small donation pending. I hope people can help out this great site's cause, because I'd seriously hate to see this place come to an end!!

Anna is there a chance of the chatroom going back to the old chatroom?

Bit of a long shot here but, community events? There are a lot of people here but there isn’t a huge sense of community. It feels like we’re all just kinda waiting for a new release that may not come out for years yet if we’re unlucky. I know recently I’ve been popping in daily mostly just to check if there is any news.

It would require some planning and interest would have to be gauged, but I think we could achieve a decent turnout. Things like superfan quizzes, watch parties, cosplay competitions, survivor polls, etc. Even a sponsored event like a bake off or a member performing a sponsored run/cycle/whatever could bring interest and money to the site. Facilities such as Twitch and Zoom could be utilised.

Just trying to think of things that could more engage our members and the thousands of guests that view this site every day. It might encourage some of them to sign up and even donate.

Back