Who is the Ronnie in ''Free''?

dethorro

Proud Member
I have been wondering this for the longest time but couldn't find anything about it on the internet.

Who is Michael talking to at the end of Free when he laughs and says: ''Ronnie, you are so silly''?

I think he said rodney...jerkins I'm guessing. But its an 80s song so idk

Ronnie Foster

D6aSjl9UUAAh9KO

Good find. I've actually never heard of Ronnie Foster. Had to look him up.

Has anybody ever interviewed him? He might be a good source of information if he was in on the Bad sessions?

EDIT: So he worked on keyboards for Triumph. Can You Feel It and Wondering Who. Somebody needs to interview him.

Looks like 1986. When was Free recorded? 1985 or 1986? Yeah, most likely it was.

Free was recorded by Bill Bottrell. He has worked on the Encino sessions from 10/01/1985 to 01/22/1987.

Looks like 1986. When was Free recorded? 1985 or 1986? Yeah, most likely it was.

March 1986.

(Source: Joe Vogel, who referenced the Bad album session calendars for the 2019 reissue of his book.)

(Source: Joe Vogel, who referenced the Bad album session calendars for the 2019 reissue of his book.)

Interesting. Didn't know that the reissue had these kind of updates.

If you have the book by hand, when exactly (on which month) was "Cheater" recorded?

March 1986.

Thanks. I thought that pic was 1986. That pic was definitely taken during the Free session. I wonder if they worked on anything else.

Ronnie Foster

D6aSjl9UUAAh9KO
I wonder if they recorded footage of that...now that I think about it...ive not really seen alot of mj talking or doing anything (media) during 85-86. The thriller/bad transition. We saw we are the world & captain eo but other than that....I wanna see him some footage of him with thriller hair & bad face...(in context that looks so weird to say lmao)

Here's another pic with Bubbles. Looks like this was taken in late 1985 or early 1986.

MJ liked that UCLA sweater a lot in 1985 lol

He also wore that during the Tomboy sessions with Roger Troutman. And with that brief clip with Latoya. Unless this was all the same day?

MJ liked that UCLA sweater a lot in 1985 lol

He also wore that during the Tomboy sessions with Roger Troutman. And with that brief clip with Latoya. Unless this was all the same day?
That & latoya is the same day but I don't think with Roger. I really wish I knew what him & Roger worked on

Back