Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

   
  1. #1
    Points: 1,033, Level: 17
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Maxym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    256
    Points
    1,033
    Level
    17
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 58 Times in 41 Posts

    Question Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

    Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

    After comparing, backing vocals seem different (not to mention they've been removed on most of the song).
    But regarding MJ's vocal, I' say it's the same take but it different because it's mixed differently and yet mixed into the movie sound track. But yet, I'm no 100% sure.


  2. #2
    Points: 10,836, Level: 68
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,309
    Points
    10,836
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    385
    Thanked 783 Times in 387 Posts

    Default Re: Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxym View Post
    Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

    After comparing, backing vocals seem different (not to mention they've been removed on most of the song).
    But regarding MJ's vocal, I' say it's the same take but it different because it's mixed differently and yet mixed into the movie sound track. But yet, I'm no 100% sure.

    Nah...mj did 1 perfect take on Ben. I heard this out his own mouth!

  3. #3
    Points: 1,033, Level: 17
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Maxym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    256
    Points
    1,033
    Level
    17
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 58 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    Nah...mj did 1 perfect take on Ben. I heard this out his own mouth!
    I heard the same, even thought of mentionning it when writing the post, but that doesn't mean that wasn't another recording sessions at a different moment ... one for the movie, one for the album?

  4. #4
    Points: 10,836, Level: 68
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,309
    Points
    10,836
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    385
    Thanked 783 Times in 387 Posts

    Default Re: Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxym View Post
    I heard the same, even thought of mentionning it when writing the post, but that doesn't mean that wasn't another recording sessions at a different moment ... one for the movie, one for the album?
    I highly doubt it. Ive never seen Ben....lmao Ive never been interested in it. I had no idea as a child it was about a rat....i just thought he had a friend named ben that died....then a little later I was like.....A RAT??? wow....!

  5. #5
    Points: 1,033, Level: 17
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Maxym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    256
    Points
    1,033
    Level
    17
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 58 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

    I have a very vague memory too of seeing that final scene as a kid before I even knew who Michael was...
    (But it's so vague it could be brain-mixed memories...)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •