Is the movie version of "Ben" a different vocal take?

Maxym

Proud Member
Donations
$6.00

After comparing, backing vocals seem different (not to mention they've been removed on most of the song).
But regarding MJ's vocal, I' say it's the same take but it different because it's mixed differently and yet mixed into the movie sound track. But yet, I'm no 100% sure.

After comparing, backing vocals seem different (not to mention they've been removed on most of the song).
But regarding MJ's vocal, I' say it's the same take but it different because it's mixed differently and yet mixed into the movie sound track. But yet, I'm no 100% sure.

Nah...mj did 1 perfect take on Ben. I heard this out his own mouth!

Nah...mj did 1 perfect take on Ben. I heard this out his own mouth!

I heard the same, even thought of mentionning it when writing the post, but that doesn't mean that wasn't another recording sessions at a different moment ... one for the movie, one for the album?

I heard the same, even thought of mentionning it when writing the post, but that doesn't mean that wasn't another recording sessions at a different moment ... one for the movie, one for the album?
I highly doubt it. Ive never seen Ben....lmao Ive never been interested in it. I had no idea as a child it was about a rat....i just thought he had a friend named ben that died....then a little later I was like.....A RAT??? wow....!

I have a very vague memory too of seeing that final scene as a kid before I even knew who Michael was...
(But it's so vague it could be brain-mixed memories...)

It's actually not the same, at least not entirely the same. The most obvious different is the last line, "like ben".

The official version is:
Like (re) Ben (mi-re-do)

While the movie version is:
Like (mi-re) Ben (re-do)

Back