Ultimate Album Shootout!

Dan

Proud Member
Hi everyone! I want to know what you're favorite Michael Jackson album is! This includes all the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons stuff on equal ground for this Poll.

I will voting in a couple of days as I will spend those days re-listening to everything in order! At the minute from memory, mine is Moving Violation (I adore that album) but I want to give everything a chance by listening.

Expanded albums count for example, the way I am going to listen to Bad is without the remixes and single edits but with all of the "new" songs, like this:

Bad_25_AlbumArt.jpg

01. Bad
02. The Way You Make Me Feel
03. Speed Demon
04. Liberian Girl
05. Just Good Friends
06. Another Part of Me
07. Man in the Mirror
08. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
09. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
11. Leave Me Alone
12. Don't Be Messin' Around
13. I'm So Blue
14. Song Groove (AKA Abortion Papers)
15. Free
16. Price of Fame
17. Al Capone
18. Streetwalker
19. Fly Away

I will be listening to Thriller the same way! Of course you listen to it however you feel is best for you! Albums that are comprised solely of previously unreleased material such as Joyful Jukebox Music and Farewell My Summer Love count in the same way that Xscape and "Michael" count, though again, of course you don't have to include them if you don't want too.

I haven't included Blood on the Dance Floor as if you remove the remixes, technically you have an EP and we're looking as full albums here. I also haven't included Christmas Album as its a gimmick album, plus it's not Christmas so it doesn't really have fair play! Also not included is 2300 Jackson Street as Michael is only in one song so it's more like a feature.

Now, just to clarify for those who want to re-listen along with me, these are the albums that are included in the poll in order:
- Diana Ross Presents: The Jackson 5 (1969)
- ABC (1970)
- Third Album (1970)
- Maybe Tomorrow (1971)
- Got to Be There (1972)
- Lookin' Through the Windows (1972)
- Ben (1972)
- Skywriter (1973)
- Music & Me (1973)
- G.I.T.: Get It Together (1973)
- Dancing Machine (1974)
- Forever, Michael (1975)
- Moving Violation (1975)
- Joyful Jukebox Music (1976)
- The Jacksons (1976)
- Goin' Places (1977)
- Off the Wall (1978)
- Destiny (1978)
- Triumph (1980)
- Thriller (1984)
- Farewell My Summer Love (1984)
- Victory (1984)
- Bad (1987)
- Dangerous (1991)
- HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I (1995)
- Invincible (2001)
- Michael (2010)
- Xscape (2014)

If anyone here hasn't listened to some of these I highly recommend you check them out as you may find a new favourite!

Of course, you don't have to re-listen to everything but I will to give them a fair shot, especially since I am new to the Jackson 5 and Jacksons stuff! Feel free to discuss, the poll link is directly below! Have fun!

VOTE: https://linkto.run/p/CVV1U850

RESULTS (AS THEY COME IN): https://linkto.run/r/CVV1U850

Thanks,

~Dan~

If Joyful Jukebox Music is included, maybe Boogie and Looking Back to yesterday should be included too.

If Joyful Jukebox Music is included, maybe Boogie and Looking Back to yesterday should be included too.

I only included Joyful Jukebox music because it's comprised solely of previously unreleased material, much like "Michael" and "Xscape" where as the other two that you mentioned, although they contain previously unreleased material, they mainly a greatest hits/alternate cuts kinda album. I'm looking at albums that are studio albums, if not could be "classed" as sort of pseudo studio albums. :)

It think Boogie and Looking Back to Yesterday contain enough unique things to have a kind-of near-album status in the discography.

You could say that Michael (2010) is a compilation because "I like the way you love me" was already release on Ultimate Collection.

And, I maybe be mistaking, but "Through thick and thin" already release as a b-side related to Moving Violation, or on some compilation? before Joyful Jukebox Music.

Back