Youtube show with Naomi Campbell

Exq2zQiU8AIvKXU

41166414-9421989-Insight_Speaking_to_Naomi_Campbell_s_YouTube_video_No_Filter_on_-a-27_1617182922816.jpg

Paris Jackson has shared a rare insight on her childhood with her 'King of Pop' dad Michael Jackson.*

The 22-year-old spoke to Naomi Campbell's YouTube video*No Filter on Tuesday and said,* while she grew up in a life of privilege Michael instilled a strong work ethic and ensured they didn't take things for granted.'My dad was really good about making sure we were cultured, making sure we were educated, and not just showing us like the glitz and glam, like hotel hopping, five-star places,' Paris said.*'It was also like, we saw everything. We saw third world countries. We saw every part of the spectrum.' Naomi said how important it is to see 'how the other half live'. She went on: 'I know when I first met you, you were definitely very little. You were so sweet and polite and lovely little cakes'.*

Paris said: 'I'd been told for a long time, with my height and my genetic make-up that I could pursue modelling. So I decided to finally take that advice and start modelling. I felt at the time that would be the most effective way to grow my platform so I could use it for good.'

Naomi told Paris that her fame should mean she shouldn't do casting for modelling jobs, but the singer said she is a 'full believer' in 'earning' her own success.

Paris continued: 'Even growing up it was about earning stuff. If we wanted five toys from FAO Schwarz or Toys 'R' Us, we had to read five books.

It's earning it, not just being entitled to certain things or thinking "oh I got this".

'It's like working for it, working hard for it, it's something else entirely. It's an accomplishment.'

Naomi replied 'good on you' as she detailed how she too saved up her pocket money to go to the Live Aid concert in 1984.

Paris was only 11-years-old when she her father and music icon Michael died. She has an older brother, Prince, 24, and a younger half-brother, Prince Michael Jackson II.

Paris Jackson had a childhood unlike any other.

In a recent interview with supermodel Naomi Campbell, Jackson opened up about what it was like growing up as the only daughter of the late Michael Jackson, who, despite raising his kids in a life of privilege, also brought them up to be “cultured” and not “entitled.”

Paris Jackson lived all over the world with Michael Jackson

Thanks to her dad, Jackson was a world traveler before she was even a teenager.

In a new interview with Naomi Campbell on the supermodel’s YouTube series, No Filter, the “Wilted” singer got candid about her childhood, sharing how her superstar dad, Michael Jackson, raised her and her two brothers, Prince and Blanket.

“I was born in LA, California, and was kind of raised everywhere but,” she shared. “We spent a few years up north in like Santa Barbara area. I was raised kind of everywhere, like the east coast, the south, U.K., Europe, the Middle East, like we grew up everywhere.”

Though growing up as the King of Pop’s daughter gave her privileges not many people have, Jackson says that her father still raised her to be “cultured” and not “entitled.”

“My dad was really good about making sure we were cultured, making sure we were educated, and not just showing us like the glitz and glam, like hotel hopping, five-star places,” she told Campbell. “It was also like, we saw everything. We saw third-world countries. We saw every part of the spectrum.”

Michael Jackson inspired the person Paris Jackson is today

In addition to the King of Pop raising her and her two brothers to be cultured, Jackson reveals that he also made sure to teach them the value of hard work, which fostered her work ethic.

“I’m also a full believer that I should earn everything,” she said of her position in life now. “I need to go to auditions. I work hard. I study scripts. I do my thing.”

Jackson revealed that her father taught her and her siblings this important lesson at a young age, which she still follows almost 12 years after his death.

“Even growing up it was about earning stuff. If we wanted five toys from FAO Schwarz or Toys ‘R’ Us, we had to read five books,” she shared.

Now, whenever she earns something herself, the singer says it feels like an “accomplishment.”

“It’s earning it, not just being entitled to certain things or thinking oh I got this,” she continued. “It’s like working for it, working hard for it, it’s, it’s something else entirely.”

www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/pa...aughter-i-was-raised-kind-of-everywhere.html/

Back