Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 156 USD (84%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Thread: What has happened to music ?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Default What has happened to music ?

So today I was on my way to get my vaccine and so I decided to turn on my radio. Oh my god... The songs have become worse.

The 1950s-1980s was a beautiful and incredible time for music and amazing music was being released every week and the records then were incredible.

The talent then too. Michael Jackson being an example for his heyday of the 70s and 80s.

I feel music took a huge nosedive in the early 90s and hasn't recovered since.

What do you think?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Music is dead

Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s amazing music was easily available from talented bands and artists like Michael Jackson, Prince, Donna Summer, George Michael, Marvin Gaye, Queen, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Joni Mitchell, Rolling Stones etc.

After the 80s, music took a huge nosedive across many genre's.

Even Prince said the 60s-80s were the golden ages of music in 2011

What do you all think?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,244 Posts

Default Re: Music is dead

i agree. all the music i listen nowadays are from the 20th century or the early 21th century. in my opinion music die in the mid-2000. maybe i'm just old fashion but music definitely isn't the same anymore. all the legends are almost gone and this coming from an young person.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: What has happened to music ?

people say music die in the 90's not to me in my opinion it die in mid-2000's. the 90's wasn't that bad. there was a few songs that didn't talk about sex, shooting people, etc. but i understand what you mean.

Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,687 Times in 1,070 Posts

I agree what Prince say the music during the 60’s and the 80’s were a golden age. When Michael died, it’s like music just died and some say after Prince died, music has died.

Music today just sux @$$ majorly.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    I agree what Prince say the music during the 60’s and the 80’s were a golden age. When Michael died, it’s like music just died and some say after Prince died, music has died.

Music today just sux @$$ majorly.
    agree. once Michael died everything started to fall. it's was falling while he alive but got worst after he died. Michael made the music industry and they trying so hard to erase him like he never existed. they can try as much they want but Michael will never be erase and forever legend same as Prince etc.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crawford View Post
    So today I was on my way to get my vaccine and so I decided to turn on my radio. Oh my god... The songs have become worse.

The 1950s-1980s was a beautiful and incredible time for music and amazing music was being released every week and the records then were incredible.

The talent then too. Michael Jackson being an example for his heyday of the 70s and 80s.

I feel music took a huge nosedive in the early 90s and hasn't recovered since.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crawford View Post
    Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s amazing music was easily available from talented bands and artists like Michael Jackson, Prince, Donna Summer, George Michael, Marvin Gaye, Queen, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Joni Mitchell, Rolling Stones etc.

After the 80s, music took a huge nosedive across many genre's.

Even Prince said the 60s-80s were the golden ages of music in 2011

What do you all think?
    After the 1980s, music did not take a huge nosedive across many genres, because amazing and very successful music continued to be released.

Look at the 1990s for example, which was the golden era for many genres, like for rock, and especially for alternative rock (Nirvana, Metallica, among others).

Also, Britpop, a form of British-based alternative rock, emerged at that time and it became very successful internationally (Oasis, Blur, and other such acts).

Also, the 1990s was the golden era for pop music (Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Destiny's Child, Mariah Carey, to name a few).

Also, in the 1990s, hip hop became a mainstream and an even more commercial genre (such as, Snoop Dogg, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z) to the point where it was the top-selling genre towards the end of that decade.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    After the 1980s, music did not take a huge nosedive across many genres, because amazing and very successful music continued to be released.

Look at the 1990s for example, which was the golden era for many genres, like for rock, and especially for alternative rock (Nirvana, Metallica, among others).

Also, Britpop, a form of British-based alternative rock, emerged at that time and it became very successful internationally (Oasis, Blur, and other such acts).

Also, the 1990s was the golden era for pop music (Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Destiny's Child, Mariah Carey, to name a few).

Also, in the 1990s, hip hop became a mainstream and an even more commercial genre (such as, Snoop Dogg, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z) to the point where it was the top-selling genre towards the end of that decade.
    I agree. I definitely would NOT include the nineties in the so-called "downturn" of music. People who think music died in the 2000s normally just don't like the music genres that became prevalent in those times and beyond. I think good music can be found every year and in every decade, even though I definitely have a soft spot for the eighties and nineties. I tend to follow specific artists and bands, rather than a music genre and that way I know I won't be disappointed and I am definitely someone who appreciates good lyrics.