Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,148 Times in 2,143 Posts

Default Re: The estate hates us

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    Because they are not commercially worthwhile.
    What a sad and frankly terrible excuse if this is the truth. The greatest entertainer the world has ever seen only has 2 officially released concerts while other legacy artists gets much better treatment when it comes to concert footage.

They could be commercially viable if they used their imagination. There are many ways for the estate to make the money (realistic money cause after all these are 30 year old concerts) that warrants this type of release.

It's funny how concerts are not commercially worthwhile yet they produce and sell weird expensive merch that almost nobody buys and chalk.
    Last edited by Themidwestcowboy; 07-04-2021 at 04:07 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    What a sad and frankly terrible excuse if this is the truth. The greatest entertainer world has ever seen only has 2 officially released concerts while other legacy artists gets much better treatment when it comes to concert footage.

They could be commercially viable if they used their imagination. There are many ways for the estate to make the money (realistic money cause after all these are 30 year old concerts) that warrants this type of release.

It's funny how concerts are not commercially worthwhile yet they produce and sell weird expensive merch that almost nobody buys and chalk.
    LMAO couldn't agree more. Same could be said for the scream Halloween/any compilation album. I guarantee if the find the wembley/Aintree film masters they would release it without an anniversary because they know the fans want it. It deserves to be released. The notion that "it wont make any $$" is ridiculous imo. Every other artist has official concerts. I see so many reaction videos loving MJs performances that have never seen him perform.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbsaber01 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Speaking about concerts, The Jackson family seems to be cursed, ´cause even Janet didn´t released any concert fror the past 20 yrs... And she had like 4 tours in the past 20yrs---

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lubyss For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    What a sad and frankly terrible excuse if this is the truth. The greatest entertainer world has ever seen only has 2 officially released concerts while other legacy artists gets much better treatment when it comes to concert footage.

It costs a lot of money to restore and prepare these concert releases. Putting single covers on a cheap blank hoodie does not equate.

Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    LMAO couldn't agree more. Same could be said for the scream Halloween/any compilation album. I guarantee if the find the wembley/Aintree film masters they would release it without an anniversary because they know the fans want it. It deserves to be released. The notion that "it wont make any $$" is ridiculous imo. Every other artist has official concerts. I see so many reaction videos loving MJs performances that have never seen him perform.
    That film reel would warrant a release. A beta tape probably wouldn’t. You are comparing cheap, easy to make releases vs high expense low return releases. They do not compare.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    That film reel would warrant a release. A beta tape probably wouldn’t. You are comparing cheap, easy to make releases vs high expense low return releases. They do not compare.
    Well a Beta tape would still be much better quality then wembley lol. Dirty Diana MSG & Kansas 88 are Beta. If they have the full concerts in that quality then it no doubt warrants a release. It would be cheaper to edit/release than Film. Again, regardless of the sales the fans will buy/stream it. It works for several other artists. The estate has made a full turnaround in profit since 2009. They can afford a simple concert release. Let's not act like it would bankrupt them lol. Anything with MJs name will sell or will get exposure. Seeing the legend live brings in new fans who will in turn buy/stream his music. I'm tired of the archaic argument that it just wont make enough $$. Concerts = new exposure = $$

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    Don't test my intelligence...& no I'm not quoting reddit....& that's your opinion....95% of this thread agrees & before u go blabbing about those weak projects (not bad 25) the estate has put out including fake tracks if you wanna go way back....I dont see your point of laughing at a discussion post I posted about FACTS! They could give 2shitts about us. They gave us chalk....CHALK! But I guess your cool with that

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
    Firstly, there's no need to be so defensive. This is a DISCUSSION, which will receive a wide range of responses and opinions, some of which may not be to your personal liking.

Secondly, there was no laughing on my part - merely incredulity that someone would put so much stock in a reddit poll and take it as the gospel truth.

Finally:

You did quote reddit. You sourced a poll on there, that came to the conclusion that the Estate hates fans. That's what this thread is based on. Why would the Estate hate its main source of income? And how does an arbitrary poll of OPINIONS that random people have, about the Estate's "emotions", become a FACT?

I wasn't going to "blab" about any projects, because that would be off-topic and some of the posts in here are already heading into off-topic areas, such as the same old complaints about concert video releases in 4K or blu-ray, blah, blah, blah.

Again with the CHALK! I guess the significance of chalk as a gimmick in an "Off the Wall" project is lost on some fans, but if they don't understand it, then they just need to let that built-up resentment go. They're embarrassing themselves at this point. I was teaching 4 year old Prep children at the time I received my chalk, so I took it to school and let them use it to write/draw on the brick wall and the concrete path outside. I wrote a message for MJ and photographed it, along with the kids' drawings and uploaded them to the official MJ web-site. I felt good about it that day and never gave it another thought after that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nite line View Post
    what’s up with some fans and their entitled attitude? The estate hates us because we haven’t got any new music for 7 years. I guess, michael hated us too because he didn’t give us any new music for the last eight years of his life. Lol what nonsense some fans come up with.
    Thank you!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lubyss View Post
    Speaking about concerts, The Jackson family seems to be cursed, ´cause even Janet didn´t released any concert fror the past 20 yrs... And she had like 4 tours in the past 20yrs---
    I don't know if "cursed" is the right word, but yes. It's strange how the Estate is criticised for not releasing what it clearly doesn't have, or own, when there are many other entertainers (such as Janet) who don't release concert DVDs, 4K, blu-ray, etc. either.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    As do many fans; however the Estate is a business entity working for Michael's beneficiaries.... not just one person, therefore "hatred" is misplaced and in my opinion, unhealthy. It's time for fans to get over these wasted emotions and try to have a more positive outlook. For example, I have turned my energies towards hoping for the Estate to succeed against Dan Reed, James Safechuck and Wade Robson and to have its revenge against HBO. Hopefully, said revenge will be in the vicinity of a (rumoured) $100 million payout for breach of contract, when disparaging MJ through the promotion and screening of leaving Neverland.
    Thank you. That’s the ONLY thing that I am concerned with . I want the Estate to win against these extortionists.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 1,675 Posts

I do think a concert will not generate a big incomes the first year it is released - but I don't think it will be red numbers either.

BUT - on the long run it would be a very good idea to have more great live concerts so that everyone can see why MJ was called the best live entertainer that ever lived. Youngsters see him on youtube, like the songs, buys them or streams them = money to The Estate, not directly from the concert, but still income because of the concert.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post: