Cascio Tracks at Least Written by MJ?

Dan

Proud Member
Hi all just a quick question, we all know the Cascio Tracks do not feature Michael Jackson on vocals, but were any of the tracks at least written by Michael or is it all just completely fabricated?

Thanks,

~Dan~

No evidence MJ was ever remotely involved with them.

No evidence MJ was ever remotely involved with them.

Do you have a source - a premise of some kind - or is this an opinion, because we could also easily say there's no evidence that he wasn't involved. Just playing devil's advocate.

:)

Usually, you have to prove that something exists, you can't prove that something doesn't exist.

So you can't prove that he wasn't involved, you can only say that there is no proof that he was involved, unless someone comes up with such proofs.

• Haha
Reactions: MJ5
I think it's impossible to know, but if written lyrics or song notes in Michael's handwriting concerning these tracks existed, the Cascios would've pulled them out years ago. And honestly that would have shut down the discussion for most people -- in the mind of the average listener, if MJ actually wrote the lyrics, it can't be that much of a stretch that it actually is his voice on the tracks. But the Cascios (as far as I know) haven't mentioned seeing his written lyrics in a notebook or something, and the Estate either hasn't looked or has been unsuccessful in finding anything. And just like the audio outtakes which were supposedly accidentally deleted, this evidence that could 100% settle the case for authenticity is missing.

It's certainly possible that MJ wrote them (and the optimist in me would rather think that than believe the Estate screwed up this badly in letting pass complete and utter forgeries) but I don't think it's knowable right now and not particularly likely. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure we would've seen any hand-written lyrics by now.

Well, Jason Malachi sings the “Heaven Can Wait” chorus in “Water,” “Ready 2 Win” reuses the “On the Line” melody, and “All Right” samples the chord progression and drum pattern from “Stranger in Moscow.” So, technically, MJ was somewhat involved in the Cascio tracks, yeah.

AlwaysThere;4320386 said:
Well, Jason Malachi sings the “Heaven Can Wait” chorus in “Water,” “Ready 2 Win” reuses the “On the Line” melody, and “All Right” samples the chord progression and drum pattern from “Stranger in Moscow.” So, technically, MJ was somewhat involved in the Cascio tracks, yeah.

:rollin: Good one :rollin:

AlwaysThere;4320386 said:

That and the "Keep Your Head Up" demo samples "Earth Song" near the end. All these samplings are inexplicable to me -- if you want to pass these off as authentic MJ tracks, why would you sample his previous work? When did MJ and his collaborators ever not just make whole new compositions?

I'm not speaking with any authority on this but I'd guess not
I doubt MJ would become not only a bad singer over night but also a bad songwriter as well

Here's something to think about if you next listen to those songs. Janet sampled Michael's music more than Mike sampled himself in his entire career
Case in point Janet Jackson Runaway, the du du du, sound running throughout that song is a sampled and sped up version of MJ from the adlibs of Remember The Time, du du du (how ever you'd write that)
The point I make is Michael would create not re-create, which is the feeling I get when I heard these tracks. I'm extremely doubtful he would sample himself on nearly every one of his new songs, ironically enough when he sounds nothing like himself

By sample himself, I don't mean the sampled "hee hee" and aow's, I'm talking about ths sampled beats, the sampled lyrics, even the sampled phrasing at times

I'm not speaking with any authority on this but I'd guess not
I doubt MJ would become not only a bad singer over night but also a bad songwriter as well

I think I read this somewhere on this forum, but someone once said: "If it really is Michael singing on these tracks, they are hands-down the worst vocals and the worst song-writing of his career."

I think I read this somewhere on this forum, but someone once said: "If it really is Michael singing on these tracks, they are hands-down the worst vocals and the worst song-writing of his career."

Hahahahahaha! That's quite funny!

Bobi MJ;4320684 said:
I think the songs were written for MJ because Michael wanted to do something with Jason Malachi. There was an article but I can't find it. It was around 2007 and the tracks were also written and recorded at the same.

Jason Malachi received tremendous popularity in 2007 with his ‘Mamacita’ song.

People all over the world were talking about him because his voice (in that song) sounded so similar to Michael Jackson’s voice.

Due to his popularity with that song, Michael Jackson called him in order to work together on something, according to Jason Malachi.

“… I can't confirm this, but at the time [2007], my management said they received a call from Michael, and that he wanted to work with me … Now, it could've been someone posing as Michael, but he said he was interested in doing something with me …” (Jason Malachi)

It was never confirmed that Michael Jackson actually contacted Jason Malachi or his management at that time in order to work together on something, and this story seems to be rather fabricated.

Some of them were written in 2010 after MJ died so probably he wasn't involved in writing any of them.

I hope MJ didn't write stuff like
And we're suckin' up the air in the earth from under me

I actually think that they are pretty good songs (my opinion is flavored by nostalgia, though), but the vocals aren't his. Were at least some of them maybe based on some melody or lyrics he wrote? Maybe.

I actually think that they are pretty good songs (my opinion is flavored by nostalgia, though), but the vocals aren't his. Were at least some of them maybe based on some melody or lyrics he wrote? Maybe.
Same, like I still vibe to Water, I like to picture MJ singing it.

Same, like I still vibe to Water, I like to picture MJ singing it.
I like the "Tell the angels no" part in Water better than I like it in Heaven Can Wait, mostly because of the chord progression, I think it sounds more dramatic with the Water chord progression and the falsetto.

I was listening to “Water” the other day, and I honestly prefer it to “Heaven Can Wait.” It’s clearly a rip-off and has shameful lyrics, but the production is wonderful and it has more weight and intrigue to it.

I was listening to “Water” the other day, and I honestly prefer it to “Heaven Can Wait.” It’s clearly a rip-off and has shameful lyrics, but the production is wonderful and it has more weight and intrigue to it.
How are the lyrics shameful?

check the first chords.
This series was produced late 90s xD

Did the images of the tapes LaToya's husband stole from Michael's bedroom not include some of the Cascio tracks? He must have at least been aware of them'. I'm starting to think, having heard MJ's 'Water', that there might be more of a connection than we initially thought

Back