Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 62 USD (33%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

   
  1. #46
    Points: 763, Level: 14
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    king_of_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Ballin' You
    Posts
    193
    Points
    763
    Level
    14
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 60 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mind&magic View Post
    The copied MJ vocals in the cascio tracks are still very interesting for me. Is there a list of all copied MJ vocals or does someone has a link to more audio comparison samples? For example I remember a video where someone compared the "I used to dream" of Earth Song to the "I used to dream" in All Right.
    I don't have an audio or video file unfortunately, but I put together a list a little while ago that I thought was fairly comprehensive when I wrote it:

    * “Monster” samples vocal ad-libs from Jackson’s previous songs “Invincible”, “Rock With You”, and “Xscape”
    * “Breaking News” samples vocal snippets from “You Rock My World”, “Xscape”, and “Invincible”
    * The demo of “Keep Your Head Up” samples “Earth Song” near the end
    * The demo of “Keep Your Head Up” is clearly a different vocal take than the one that was included on Michael
    * The beat of “All Right” directly rips off the beat of “Stranger In Moscow”
    * “Black Widow” samples vocal snippets from “Unbreakable” and “Xscape”
    * The demo of “All I Need” samples the tune of “You Are Not Alone” in its opening horn
    * “Water” samples “Heaven Can Wait” and “Stranger In Moscow”
    * “Fall In Love” samples “Heaven Can Wait” in its outro
    * The chorus of “Ready 2 Win” bears striking similarities to “On The Line”
    * The bridge of “Soldier Boy” samples ad-libs from the bridge of “They Don’t Care About Us”
    "I am the one who chased the clouds away; I am forever and a day; nothing can hurt you." ~~ Best of Joy

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to king_of_style For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Points: 7,887, Level: 59
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Germany, Nuremberg
    Posts
    672
    Points
    7,887
    Level
    59
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 614 Times in 313 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    to me those songs sound like it was intended for a Jason Malachi Album. or (maybe) Eddie needed somebody to record those demos to show it Michael later on (for his new album).

    btw, is it confirmed that those songs were recorded in 2010?

    JM is a huge MJ fan, he even did a tribute song somewhen after 2011 (released on an album). maybe he was so inspired by Michael that initially he wanted to do similar songs.


    but it still seems so unreal that they had the balls to present such tracks to sony.
    MJ fan since 1991 <3

  4. #48
    Points: 14,226, Level: 77
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,555
    Points
    14,226
    Level
    77
    Thanks
    6,183
    Thanked 1,622 Times in 771 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Not to derail this thread, but does anyone find the Cascio tracks memorable? I never find myself humming them and I'd be hard pressed to tell you how they went.
    Ironically I can ad-lib along with them though...

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:


  6. #49
    Points: 24,412, Level: 95
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,563
    Points
    24,412
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    2,198
    Thanked 5,136 Times in 1,935 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but does anyone find the Cascio tracks memorable? I never find myself humming them and I'd be hard pressed to tell you how they went.
    Ironically I can ad-lib along with them though...
    I genuinely think the remixes of “Stay” and “Burn Tonight” are fantastic on a melodic and production level. (The demos are... eh.) Give them a fresh set of lyrics and they would’ve been great candidates for MJ.

    Also, giving credit where credit is due, a decent number of the Cascio tracks have nice chorus melodies. “Breaking News,” “Keep Your Head Up,” “Stay,” “All Right,” and “Burn Tonight” are all very catchy.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:


  8. #50
    Points: 14,226, Level: 77
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,555
    Points
    14,226
    Level
    77
    Thanks
    6,183
    Thanked 1,622 Times in 771 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    "Hold My Hand" and "Hollywood Tonight" are two of my favourites from the album and I also give an honourable mention to "Another Day". I love the videos for both songs and I remember experiencing ALL of the feelings when the album and the singles/videos were first released. So, so good.

    Oh, God....and then there's "Behind the Mask" and the two videos for that.....just excellent! Classic MJ in that song.
    I love that fans worldwide had an opportunity to be in the second video for BTM.
    I agree mate, I do think most were remixed well, to be fair, although I think the lyrics and melody are so plain (for what we're lead to believe are MJ demos), take for instances, Don't Be Messin' Round or Free, very simple rough demos but very memorable melodies and hooks on both

    Maybe I've just been so scarred by them I've blocked them out entirely 😅

    Sorry Mikky Dee I was meant to quote my man AlwaysThere
    Last edited by SmoothCriminal1995; 25-04-2021 at 09:12 PM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:


  10. #51
    Points: 763, Level: 14
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    king_of_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Ballin' You
    Posts
    193
    Points
    763
    Level
    14
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 60 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DanGerouS- View Post
    to me those songs sound like it was intended for a Jason Malachi Album. or (maybe) Eddie needed somebody to record those demos to show it Michael later on (for his new album).

    btw, is it confirmed that those songs were recorded in 2010?

    JM is a huge MJ fan, he even did a tribute song somewhen after 2011 (released on an album). maybe he was so inspired by Michael that initially he wanted to do similar songs.


    but it still seems so unreal that they had the balls to present such tracks to sony.
    It would make sense that a lot of these songs on the Bible album were intended by Jason for one of his albums, possibly an MJ tribute album that he had in the works. Maybe he brought the idea up to Eddie in hopes of getting some sort of blessing for the project, and Eddie turned him aside and had him record the 3 tracks that are on Michael under the guise of working on a tribute album with the Estate. By the time Jason figured out what Eddie had really planned, he'd already been paid into silence and it was too late to go back. At any rate, I think that "Monster", "Breaking News", and "Keep Your Head Up" were made explicitly by Eddie to be passed off as MJ songs, while the other 8 Cascio tracks were merely written by Jason in the style of MJ as tribute songs (which is why there's so many callbacks and samplings of real MJ songs in them).

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but does anyone find the Cascio tracks memorable? I never find myself humming them and I'd be hard pressed to tell you how they went.
    Ironically I can ad-lib along with them though...
    A few lines of them here and there stick with me, like the bridge of "Keep Your Head Up". "Monster" is a fun song to me and since my voice is lower than MJ's it's easier for me to hit the notes on that song than on real ones:P

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere
    I genuinely think the remixes of “Stay” and “Burn Tonight” are fantastic on a melodic and production level. (The demos are... eh.) Give them a fresh set of lyrics and they would’ve been great candidates for MJ.

    Also, giving credit where credit is due, a decent number of the Cascio tracks have nice chorus melodies. “Breaking News,” “Keep Your Head Up,” “Stay,” “All Right,” and “Burn Tonight” are all very catchy.
    That's what I've been thinking. Jason Malachi's verses are iffy and nonsensical but he's got a bit of a talent for choruses. I think they're overall solid songs and some of them like "Stay" would've fit in on a Michael Jackson tribute album, but the lies and the deception surrounding them has forever tarnished them in many fans' eyes.
    Last edited by king_of_style; 25-04-2021 at 08:06 PM.
    "I am the one who chased the clouds away; I am forever and a day; nothing can hurt you." ~~ Best of Joy

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to king_of_style For This Useful Post:


  12. #52
    Points: 37,067, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Sverige)
    Posts
    5,569
    Points
    37,067
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    6,695
    Thanked 5,199 Times in 2,168 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    I agree mate, I do think most were remixed well, to be fair, although I think the lyrics and melody are so plain (for what we're lead to believe are MJ demos), take for instances, Don't Be Messin' Round or Free, very simple rough demos but very memorable melodies and hooks on both

    Maybe I've just been so scarred by them I've blocked them out entirely ��
    I agree with you a 100% mate! MJ had a knack for gorgeous melodies.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:


  14. #53
    Points: 14,226, Level: 77
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,555
    Points
    14,226
    Level
    77
    Thanks
    6,183
    Thanked 1,622 Times in 771 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    I agree with you a 100% mate! MJ had a knack for gorgeous melodies.
    Yeah man Mike's melodies were nothing short of divine. The man truly had a gift when it came to songwriting

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:


  16. #54
    Points: 45,729, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,032
    Points
    45,729
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    1,523
    Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,701 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Just heard Behind The Mask and Much Too Soon again - these are great songs IMO. - I like others songs from Michael too, but at the moment these are my favorites,
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago. :)

    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

  17. #55
    Points: 73, Level: 1
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    12
    Points
    73
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pentum View Post
    Correct, "I used to dream" is pasted right into "All right" after "I've got a premonition".

    You will not find anything Cascio comparison related stuff online. Angelikson and Sony were hunting all audio like wild dogs back then. Fans have them stored offline I guess.
    Would be interesting to hear more comparison audios. Does anyone know if audio recordings were played in the court case? What is the current status of the court case?

  18. #56
    Points: 73, Level: 1
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    12
    Points
    73
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by king_of_style View Post
    I don't have an audio or video file unfortunately, but I put together a list a little while ago that I thought was fairly comprehensive when I wrote it:

    * “Monster” samples vocal ad-libs from Jackson’s previous songs “Invincible”, “Rock With You”, and “Xscape”
    * “Breaking News” samples vocal snippets from “You Rock My World”, “Xscape”, and “Invincible”
    * The demo of “Keep Your Head Up” samples “Earth Song” near the end
    * The demo of “Keep Your Head Up” is clearly a different vocal take than the one that was included on Michael
    * The beat of “All Right” directly rips off the beat of “Stranger In Moscow”
    * “Black Widow” samples vocal snippets from “Unbreakable” and “Xscape”
    * The demo of “All I Need” samples the tune of “You Are Not Alone” in its opening horn
    * “Water” samples “Heaven Can Wait” and “Stranger In Moscow”
    * “Fall In Love” samples “Heaven Can Wait” in its outro
    * The chorus of “Ready 2 Win” bears striking similarities to “On The Line”
    * The bridge of “Soldier Boy” samples ad-libs from the bridge of “They Don’t Care About Us”
    Black widow also samples vocal snippets of Supperfly Sister (dirty, nasty)? In my perception Black widow is the cascio track which has the most MJ adlibs or would you say?

  19. #57
    Points: 763, Level: 14
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    king_of_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Ballin' You
    Posts
    193
    Points
    763
    Level
    14
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 60 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mind&magic View Post
    Black widow also samples vocal snippets of Supperfly Sister (dirty, nasty)? In my perception Black widow is the cascio track which has the most MJ adlibs or would you say?
    Good catch, "Black Widow" does have more samples than most of the others. I think either it or "Monster" steals the most ad-libs (almost the entire intro and bridge of that song are made up of ad-libs). I think either "Burn Tonight" or "Stay" has the least samplings. Now that I think about it, no stolen ad-libs come to mind from "Burn Tonight". "Stay" probably sounds the most to me like an MJ song out of the whole bunch, which is ironic because neither "Burn Tonight" nor "Stay" are as blatant in their thievery or their attempts to pass themselves off as authentic as the others.
    "I am the one who chased the clouds away; I am forever and a day; nothing can hurt you." ~~ Best of Joy

  20. #58
    Points: 7,887, Level: 59
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Germany, Nuremberg
    Posts
    672
    Points
    7,887
    Level
    59
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked 614 Times in 313 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    some unreleased JM:

    it seems Jason likes to play with MJ samples:
    https://soundcloud.com/jasonmalachio...eakin-my-heart
    (some sounds from the dangerous album. lol.)

    and he also likes to smash glas (BN vibes at the beginning):
    https://soundcloud.com/jasonmalachio...-what-you-want

    dangerous anyone?
    https://soundcloud.com/jasonmalachio...-was-bad-intro

    at least there's a catchy chorus (kinda at 1:03):
    https://soundcloud.com/jasonmalachio...ve-without-you

    there are a few others, where he is tryharding MJ style (the unreleased ones are quite funny).
    Last edited by DanGerouS-; 03-05-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    MJ fan since 1991 <3

  21. #59
    Points: 24,412, Level: 95
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,563
    Points
    24,412
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    2,198
    Thanked 5,136 Times in 1,935 Posts

    Default Re: Michael Album Appreciation Thread

    I’ll admit that Jason Malachi actually would’ve made a decent, B-list Justin Timberlake if he continued on the path of his Critical album, which is surprisingly good (even though half the songs are stolen). He has a solid voice when he isn’t singing like an MJ impersonator.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •