Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 106 USD (57%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Urgent: Balance needed

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,244 Posts

Default Re: Urgent: Balance needed

Quote Originally Posted by Maxym View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to require payment for posting, I'm afraid it would drive people away make forum activity decline.
    And I think more people would have donated this monther yet if required.

What is the cost of upgrad forum software ? I always thought forum softwares were free. Oh yes, not vBulletin, right.

And as you mention Facebook, it's an unclear way to go ... once they favor Pages, later they favor Groups, they ask you to pay to give page visibility, but the truth is that when you pay for ads on Facebook, you get a lot of Likes/Followers who are most bot accounts try to fake regular users behaviours. Also, posts on FB are ephemeral, so it works for people to show off ephemeral things, but it's not as efficient as a forum in term of discussions, informations exchange. + privacy concerns --> I'd keep away from Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
    I'm not sure if that is a good idea. There might be a lot less people on the forum if it would require a payment. The 2000 Watts section was only for donators at one point and I remember people saying that almost no one posted there then.
    agree with this. for the content we are getting making the site for payment users would be ridiculous in my opinion. let's be real here all the things on this forum you can just look for other sites. to be honest most people are here for 2000 watts anyway then having an discussion. since michael is gone people really don't be that active until something new is involve or for his kids other then that there's really not alot going on this site.

i like this site just to have other mj fans involve. it can be drama sometimes but it's nice to be around others who still love mj and keep his legacy alive. cause let's be real here the estate not doing much only the fans are really. haven't had nothing new of mj since 2014. that's almost an decade. hopefully they will pick up something this year for his 50th anniversary.

also you have pay to view some pages on facebook now? wow. alot has change. :(
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 20-04-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,772 Posts

What's total monthly cost?

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    What's total monthly cost?
    The monthly goal is displayed near the yellow bar at the top of the forum .... 187$ if I remember well.

Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,894 Times in 1,694 Posts

I think it is a dangerous way to go. - Everyone under the age of 18 would not be here, I mean - you have to be 18 years old to get a creditcard don't you? - and you need a credit card to donate. I doubt parents wanna pay for their youngsters to be on a online forum.

Also - if some of the regular posters don't wanna donate monthly and they decide to go to other MJ forums it would be devastating - and the beginning of the end of MJJC. What makes this place great is the members - audio experts and MJ experts, Kai, AlwaysThere, HappyLee, dam2040, Hulkamanic, Korgnex - and many many more users - they have so much knowledge that if you ever wanna know something MJ related you will get your question aswered in here. If all those members go elsewhere there is nothing left here really - other than the memories.

I just hope more people will donate. - I am not very good remembering it myself - I will try to donate on a more regular basis.
    Last edited by Hess; 20-04-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago. :)

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree FriendsOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 708 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    I think it is a dangerous way to go. - Everyone under the age of 18 would not be here, I mean - you have to be 18 years old to get a creditcard don't you? - and you need a credit card to donate. I doubt parents wanna pay for their youngsters to be on a online forum.

Also - if some of the regular posters don't wanna donate monthly and they decide to go to other MJ forums it would be devastating - and the beginning of the end of MJJC. What makes this place great is the members - audio experts and MJ experts, Kai, AlwaysThere, HappyLee, dam2040, Hulkamanic, Korgnex - and many many more users - they have so much knowledge that if you ever wanna know something MJ related you will get your question aswered in here. If all those members go elsewhere there is nothing left here really - other than the memories.

I just hope more people will donate. - I am not very good remembering it myself - I will try to donate on a more regular basis.
    I hear what your saying but if I can't pay the costs of having this place here it will all be deleted and not exist for anyone anyway...

It's really this simple guys, lets get Patron to the amount needed and its job done, never need to worry again, of course people drop out which we can then push again to get it filled.
    MJJCommunity Owner And Founder
    Making that change for Michael since 2001
    Loyal fan since 1978

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

I'm posting this seperately...

I have something I want to put to you all which might really exite things up here a little, I have been doing some research on getting us a brand new state of the art forum on a completely new platform, don't worry all the content and all the membership will be migrated to it and it will still be on this address of course, but it will be something awesome and new and hopefully inject some excitement and interest into the place.

However, there is a licence cost of $160 and the same again (+ a bit more) for a developer to migrate everything, so I was thinking of maybe doing a crowd funder as a seperate thing, once the fee has been collected I will then get to work on making it happen, tbh guys it will be worth it, MJJC's forum is so out of date you will be loving a new one. Anyways lemme know thoughts on that as it may drive interest and excitement back into the site with a brand new platform to enjoy.
    Loyal fan since 1978

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

To which platform/forum?
    And will it change the monthly cost of hosting the forum?

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 595 Posts

You don't need a credit card for Patreon, you can use a debit card. And I don't know about the rest of the world, but you can get debit cards from the age of 11 in the UK.

And you don't need a credit card or a debit card to use PayPal. You just need a bank account.

Help Staff help you:
    Read the Rules. Respect others. Report offences.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I'm posting this seperately...

I have something I want to put to you all which might really exite things up here a little, I have been doing some research on getting us a brand new state of the art forum on a completely new platform, don't worry all the content and all the membership will be migrated to it and it will still be on this address of course, but it will be something awesome and new and hopefully inject some excitement and interest into the place.

However, there is a licence cost of $160 and the same again (+ a bit more) for a developer to migrate everything, so I was thinking of maybe doing a crowd funder as a seperate thing, once the fee has been collected I will then get to work on making it happen, tbh guys it will be worth it, MJJC's forum is so out of date you will be loving a new one. Anyways lemme know thoughts on that as it may drive interest and excitement back into the site with a brand new platform to enjoy.
    Sounds like a good idea :)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxym View Post
    To which platform/forum?
    And will it change the monthly cost of hosting the forum?
    I've decided to use XenForo and no it will not.
    Loyal fan since 1978

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

If you're a patron, it will do it automatically each month, and you won't have to remember anything ;)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    agree with this. for the content we are getting making the site for payment users would be ridiculous in my opinion. let's be real here all the things on this forum you can just look for other sites. to be honest most people are here for 2000 watts anyway then having an discussion. since michael is gone people really don't be that active until something new is involve or for his kids other then that there's really not alot going on this site.

i like this site just to have other mj fans involve. it can be drama sometimes but it's nice to be around others who still love mj and keep his legacy alive. cause let's be real here the estate not doing much only the fans are really. haven't had nothing new of mj since 2014. that's almost an decade. hopefully they will pick up something this year for his 50th anniversary.

also you have pay to view some pages on facebook now? wow. alot has change. :(
    NatureCriminal7896, you are walking on egg shells around here atm, so I'd keep your advice and your participation on a very low profile for a while, my finger is still on that account closed button so any advice from you given what you have done to the atmoshpere here this past year is best kept to yourself.
    Loyal fan since 1978

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Just chipped in.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KgB For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,244 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    NatureCriminal7896, you are walking on egg shells around here atm, so I'd keep your advice and your participation on a very low profile for a while, my finger is still on that account closed button so any advice from you given what you have done to the atmosphere here this past year is best kept to yourself.
    i deleted my comment because i wasn't sure if you wanted me to comment. if so i will. but i'm gonna respond by video with this comment and others comments here. give me about an end of the week or beginning of next week i'm slow with things. it probably will be though PM

God Bless.
    Last edited by NatureCriminal7896; 21-04-2021 at 05:46 AM. Reason: deleted

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Make Believe View Post
    Sorry to hear you're still facing challenging times financially beacause of Covid-19. I wish you all the best Gaz.

Thank you to the few that donate. I really appreciate it.

Now I have said this before, and will say it again. I really don't understand why this community, with 1379 active members and arround 180 members and 3000 visitors here daily, isn't willing to chip in to keep this place alive. I'ts just one cup of coffee a month from 10% of this community to keep this thing going. If that aint worth it....

Please people, become a Patreon member.

In reply to your request Gaz, this community won't go down because of the $ 54,00 needed. I would really like to see others put in some effort to keep this place going. Everyone who can miss a few bucks, please donate this week. By the end of the week Gaz, you can sent me a pm with the balance that's still needs to be paid. I will sent you my paypal adress in reply and you can sent me a payment request for the money still needed.
    You are a very generous person. Thank you so much!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post: