Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Stranger in Moscow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood on the Dance Floor

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

R1chard

Proud Member
So I'm thinking of remixes that actually sound different to the album version, which mainly means the 1990s dance stuff.

Yeah, I missed some out, and you can vote for something that's not on the list.

Basically post your favourite remix.

If we're talking remixes that sound different to the album version, then I think the Tag Team remix of YRMW tops the list. The production is pretty cheesy, but they took the song in a totally different direction and made it work (the pre-chorus is great).

Not really sure if this is bad or good... But this make my brain go ... "ouch! what's happening" ...

Also this

And this

I'm hesitating...

Pretty much all of Nick's remixes are great. There are very few official mj remixes that I think are of any quality

One I can think of off the top of my head is this one

Edit: Why does the insert video function on here just paste the link lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this one, it's [most likely] a fanmade recreation of the 1991 version of "Blood On The Dance Floor" produced for Dangerous. It really has a new jack swing vibe to it and if we never hear the real demo version this must be pretty close.

This remix of "Threatened" is supposed to mimic the demo version of the song -- it's got a horn reminiscent of "Bad" and overall MJ's vocals sound even punchier on it. I like it.

And while we're on the subject of "Threatened", Quality Mixes stands true to their name with this 80's remix of "Threatened". All these are worth a listen in my opinion, even if they're only fanmade.

I do really love this 80s version Best Of Joy. Is sounds so calm and reminds somehow at For all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're talking remixes that sound different to the album version, then I think the Tag Team remix of YRMW tops the list. The production is pretty cheesy, but they took the song in a totally different direction and made it work (the pre-chorus is great).
Ah, didn't know about that one. Thanks.

I was thinking official remixes, but why not.

I do really love this 80s version Best Of Joy. Is sounds so calm and reminds somehow at For all time.

[video=youtube;kNXkxit-u5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNXkxit-u5E[/video]

I love this one!

[video=youtube;ruMYZW_8UdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruMYZW_8UdE[/video]

YRMW is my favourite song from the Invincible album - I was totally prepared to NOT like this, but I LOVE it. It's totally different, as you say, but it's very, very good. I adore the piano accompaniment in the background.

[video=youtube;hGqv4EFh25Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGqv4EFh25Q[/video]

In The Closet (Club Mix)

Nothing has nor will ever beat this remix in my opinion. This is my favourite.

Really donÂ’t like any remixes but The Billie Jean Notorious Big remix is probably my favorite.

I absolutely adore Eulonzo's remixes, some of his remixes even sound better than the official songs:

Nick* is pretty good too:

I absolutely adore Eulonzo's remixes, some of his remixes even sound bettP
Wow! Just wow. Usually can't be bothered with remixes - they seem a bit pointless - but just listened to that Eulonzo / APWNN remix. It's fabulous. The crazy world of remixes, huh? I might have to rethink my stance on this.

That was SO cool.

Wow! Just wow. Usually can't be bothered with remixes - they seem a bit pointless - but just listened to that Eulonzo / APWNN remix. It's fabulous. The crazy world of remixes, huh? I might have to rethink my stance on this.

That was SO cool.
Hahaha, I'm glad I was able to change your opinion! Honestly remixes (official and fan-made included) are either hit or miss, the good ones expand upon the original versions and even sound better than their former.

Here's more remixes that I like and like it even more than the originals:

Hahaha, I'm glad I was able to change your opinion! Honestly remixes (official and fan-made included) are either hit or miss, the good ones expand upon the original versions and even sound better than their former.

Here's more remixes that I like and like it even more than the originals:
I liked that YANA remix. I do have a theory, though. I wonder if I'm OK with these because these are songs I'm lukewarm about? I'm not saying YANA is rubbish. It's a decent song, just doesn't do it for me. But this was good.

I like remixes when they keep or add to the original atmosphere, so access to multitrack is important for me.
This is one of my favorites

Back