The weirdest MJ remixes (or possibly covers, official or not)

Maxym

Proud Member
Donations
$6.00
I just posted this as reply to a topic poll ( Poll: Best MJ remix ) ... happens I'm not a remix fan in general so for me "best" remixes, those I remember the most I mean, are the "funniest/weirdest"...

I would like to find more like, do you have more?

Maxym said:
Not really sure if this is bad or good... But this make my brain go ... "Ouch! What's happening?" ...

Also this

And this

In weirdest covers caterogy, in French:

Last edited:
i must say first ones pretty good (take me back)the rest is a mess
also the official history remix the one with the music video is really weird to me - a total left turn from the original and ive always had a hard time digesting it

The remix portion of BOTDF is very hit or miss. “2 Bad” and “Scream Louder” are great, but “This Time Around” and “Earth Song” are god awful.

I must say - I am not a fan of any of the remixes from BOTDF.

Slow or mid-tempo songs should never be remixed in order to become danceable and up-tempo, because the remix almost always sounds very weird.

In Michael Jackson’s case, ‘Stranger In Moscow’, ‘Earth Song’, ‘You Are Not Alone’ (from the ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ album) are three such remixes that come to mind, which they actually ruined the original versions of these songs.

Also, an official cover song that sounded very weird was Chris Cornell’s ‘Billie Jean’ cover.

Chris Cornell’s cover version of that song sounds not only very weird, but also very mundane, empty and depressing.

Chris Cornell actually removed all these characteristic elements from the original song (like drum beat, bassline, finger-snap, chord progression, etc) so as to make an acoustic and pointless cover version of the song.

The HIStory remix on BOTDF is amazing, loved that one since I was a kid.

Thank for the replies. Well when creating a thread about the "weirdest" remixes, I didn't expect so much discussion about official or serious remixes, those would rather have their place in the thread I linked in first post, I guess : https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/145273-Best-MJ-remix

(I feel a bit like this thread is going out of topic and at the same is hijacking the other thread's topic, which was not intended.)

mj_frenzy;4321571 said:
Also, an official cover song that sounded very weird was Chris Cornell’s ‘Billie Jean’ cover.

Chris Cornell’s cover version of that song sounds not only very weird, but also very mundane, empty and depressing.

I completely agree! It’s not made any better by the fact that “Billie Jean” is a masterpiece of production; choosing to forgo it entirely is such a weird decision. Billie Eilish did the same thing with her cover of “Bad.”

It depends ... I would say the Billie Eilish cover adds something different (and I'm really not a fan of Billie's music in general) while Cornell's cover falls completely flat for me.

i loved the DJ Chuckie remix of Hollywood Tonight.

don't ask me why. :D

The sound alone ... meh ... but with image this one is fun:

Last edited:
@NuTNC : I get "Video unavailable." Maybe I should try with a VPN on some occasion?

Thanks, I was rather wondering like "Is the video down for everyone or just for me".

mj_frenzy;4321571 said:
Slow or mid-tempo songs should never be remixed in order to become danceable and up-tempo, because the remix almost always sounds very weird.

In Michael Jackson’s case, ‘Stranger In Moscow’, ‘Earth Song’, ‘You Are Not Alone’ (from the ‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ album) are three such remixes that come to mind, which they actually ruined the original versions of these songs.

Chris Cornell actually removed all these characteristic elements from the original song (like drum beat, bassline, finger-snap, chord progression, etc) so as to make an acoustic and pointless cover version of the song.

He did a fantastic job! He never fell into the trap of mimicking (and failing) the vocal characteristics of MJ, potentially making himself sound like a clown.

Instead, he took an original masterpiece that can't be topped, and completely made it his own, without comprising the tracks lyrical content and emotional vulnerability. His interpretation of the song's story actually mirrored the depressive elements of it nicely.

Let me ask you this, what would be a good MJ cover sound like? How would that particular artist approach it?

The reason I ask this is that often those in the community complain about singers trying to mimic MJ but sounding clownish.

Another channel, this one, is illegal and claims that he has actually run a record label. Plus, there are a lot of YT channels, about 30 more than. which he is crazy naughty. his name is Jayden Silva
instrumental covers seem terrible
I assure you that Jayden is a foolish person or thinks of himself as the center of the Internet society.
https://www.youtube.com/c/JaydenSilvaLookslikeone (There is a lot of evidence, try to find it on YouTube)
This Remix He borrowed Nick*'s Off the Wall Deluxe Uncut Mix.

PS: I have never told Jayden's heroic story.
This assumes that I am telling the story in the MJJC forum for the first time.

PS(2): Jayden's heroism is not over yet.

Last edited:
I found one extremely weird... And bad (in at least 2 senses).
But I think it's best not to be posted...
(My brain is broken for a while now.)

(I was actually looking for audiophile releases a different artists on Discogs when I found that...)

I found one extremely weird... And bad (in at least 2 senses).
But I think it's best not to be posted...
(My brain is broken for a while now.)

(I was actually looking for audiophile releases a different artists on Discogs when I found that...)
ok, so don't mind

Back