Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 62 USD (33%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Was American Bandstand 2002 the last time we saw MJ with curls (until TII)?

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Was American Bandstand 2002 the last time we saw MJ with curls (until TII)?

I am pretty sure had This Is It happened, MJ would have performed with curly hair. MJ's last outfit in his life was a shirt that said "Curls for my girls" a fan gave him, and I remember hearing that he decided to switch to curly hair after reading fan's requests on a MJ forum (this one right?) Which makes sense, every single MJ solo tour, he performed with curly hair. Only a handful of performances did he perform with straight hair long or short, and these were not full on concert tours (30th anniversary 2001, WMA 1996, Soul Train Awards 1993, BET 15th anniversary 1995 etc) Also if MJ did curly hair to "please his fans" why would he only do it during rehearsals where no one can see him on stage and then not do it during his tour that would had 100's of thousands of fans seeing him if the tour was completed.

IMO his curly hair during This Is It made him look 20 years younger, it fitted him during performances and made him look younger. He looks like a different person at the announcements compared to rehearsals.
    It's all about L. O. V. E

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,358
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Re: Was American Bandstand 2002 the last time we saw MJ with curls (until TII)?

Quote Originally Posted by issabreakofdawn View Post
    I am pretty sure had This Is It happened, MJ would have performed with curly hair. MJ's last outfit in his life was a shirt that said "Curls for my girls" a fan gave him, and I remember hearing that he decided to switch to curly hair after reading fan's requests on a MJ forum (this one right?) Which makes sense, every single MJ solo tour, he performed with curly hair. Only a handful of performances did he perform with straight hair long or short, and these were not full on concert tours (30th anniversary 2001, WMA 1996, Soul Train Awards 1993, BET 15th anniversary 1995 etc) Also if MJ did curly hair to "please his fans" why would he only do it during rehearsals where no one can see him on stage and then not do it during his tour that would had 100's of thousands of fans seeing him if the tour was completed.

IMO his curly hair during This Is It made him look 20 years younger, it fitted him during performances and made him look younger. He looks like a different person at the announcements compared to rehearsals.
    I don't think anyone doubts that he would have had curls in This Is It concerts. mj_frenzy was just saying that bringing back the curls might have not been his original plan. I wonder if he really did that because fans asked? It sounds likely but do we have any proof of that? Didn't he get that Curls for my girls shirt during the rehearsals and not before?
    A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89 Petition. Please sign so we can get Bad Tour in HD:

https://www.change.org/p/the-michael...d-tour-1988-89

#MJBadTourHD

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
    I don't think anyone doubts that he would have had curls in This Is It concerts. mj_frenzy was just saying that bringing back the curls might have not been his original plan. I wonder if he really did that because fans asked? It sounds likely but do we have any proof of that? Didn't he get that Curls for my girls shirt during the rehearsals and not before?
    I vaguely remembered him having his straight hair during one rehearsal, for "They Don't Care About Us", but when I looked it up he had his curly hair, it was just down instead of up in a ponytail. Here's the video (also his outfit at the beginning is soooo good)

"I am the one who chased the clouds away; I am forever and a day; nothing can hurt you." ~~ Best of Joy