What May Be Released In 2021?

What May Be Released This Year?

• Total voters

Zakk

Proud Member
What May Be Released This Year?

As we know, rumours have been circulating and their have been a couple of hints by Branca as to what may be released this year...

Last edited:
Most likely a documentary about the new broadway show...

I wouldn't be surprised if an anniversary album is dropped, like Invincible 20 or Dangerous 30 since both those dates happen this fall

I was thinking a documentary similar to The One.. I think if anything was to be released in relation to the musical it would be a soundtrack album featuring the cast... Not nessescarily estate sanctioned though so would be a different entity I imagine

I wouldn't be surprised if an anniversary album is dropped, like Invincible 20 or Dangerous 30 since both those dates happen this fall

Maybe, or tracks taken from both eras included on a new LP? or perhaps even something similar to 2004's The Ultimate Collection.

A song, I don't think we will see an album again. Unless they've changed how they're going to do it. Also possibly a doc about the musical.

Short films in HD and a new concert release would be great but I don't think they will happen this year.

Most likely nothing will be released.

There was a ghostly hope for Dangerous 30. It melts every month.

Well, they had a number of things planned, which were derailed by co-vid and the LN rubbish, so perhaps they will return to what they had planned and get that up and running, later in the year. John Branca has continually hinted at something to do with HIStory, so I remain hopeful that this eventuates.

Most likely nothing will be released.

There was a ghostly hope for Dangerous 30. It melts every month.

I actually don't think the Estate team should go down the track of album celebrations like Dangerous 30, 35, 40, 45, 50; or the same for HIStory, BAD, Off the Wall, Thriller, and Invincible. What can be done for those celebrations? Re-release the albums, in new packaging, with a couple of demos and some videos/concerts? That would soon become quite predictable and boring. Other artists, bands and entertainers don't observe those kinds of milestones with any regularity, so why should that be done for Michael Jackson? He was an innovator. He liked to be at the cutting edge and he actually said once that he didn't like to look backwards, only forwards. He wasn't a fan of the anniversary projects and had only lukewarm interest in doing Thriller 25, himself.

I'm interested in ideas that are new and innovative......something that hasn't already been done. I have several copies of all the albums already, in different formats. I have tons of concerts, bootleg or otherwise. I have merchandise flowing out of my cupboards and drawers. I would rather wait a while for something super-cool and DIFFERENT.

I actually don't think the Estate team should go down the track of album celebrations like Dangerous 30, 35, 40, 45, 50; or the same for HIStory, BAD, Off the Wall, Thriller, and Invincible. What can be done for those celebrations? Re-release the albums, in new packaging, with a couple of demos and some videos/concerts? That would soon become quite predictable and boring. Other artists, bands and entertainers don't observe those kinds of milestones with any regularity, so why should that be done for Michael Jackson? He was an innovator. He liked to be at the cutting edge and he actually said once that he didn't like to look backwards, only forwards. He wasn't a fan of the anniversary projects and had only lukewarm interest in doing Thriller 25, himself.

I'm interested in ideas that are new and innovative......something that hasn't already been done. I have several copies of all the albums already, in different formats. I have tons of concerts, bootleg or otherwise. I have merchandise flowing out of my cupboards and drawers. I would rather wait a while for something super-cool and DIFFERENT.
I hope they release more anniversary albums. Also Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible really deserve documentaries and they can be released with them.

I don't know, but I really hope they release a kickass (pre History tour) concert on Blu ray.

As impossible as it is to get into Michael's head, I feel like his involvement with Thriler 25 was a warmup sort of exercise to get back into the business of recording and producing projects. He worked on a lot of stuff in the 2000s, but never really for a specific project with a set deadline, just fairly vague ideas from jam sessions (I mean as nice as "Gloucestershire" or "The Loser" are, can you really see those on an official tracklisting? Not in their current forms at least). I feel like around the TII announcement or earlier he was finally getting specific with his plans for future music and projects. With the way Michael Prince and Brad Buxer and John McClain and will.i.am and the rest seem to talk about MJ in his last years, he must have been working like crazy until his health took a turn.

Perhaps a cast recording of the other musical, "Thriller Live"

I actually don't think the Estate team should go down the track of album celebrations like Dangerous 30, 35, 40, 45, 50; or the same for HIStory, BAD, Off the Wall, Thriller, and Invincible. What can be done for those celebrations? Re-release the albums, in new packaging, with a couple of demos and some videos/concerts? That would soon become quite predictable and boring.

I have several copies of all the albums already, in different formats. I have tons of concerts, bootleg or otherwise. I have merchandise flowing out of my cupboards and drawers. I would rather wait a while for something super-cool and DIFFERENT.
Very good point. Nobody here doesn't own Bad at least once. Why would anybody look forward to buying the whole album again, just to get one more demo and a really terrible remix like we got last time?

I'm not interested in a modern remaster on CD because the sound quality is always garbage. The only reason I'd want to rebuy an album I've already got is if the album actually sounded better, due to being in HD and/or in 5.1 surround, and on a format like SACD or Blu-ray. If The Beatles and REM can get a Dolby Atmos version, why not MJ?

I hope they release more anniversary albums. Also Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible really deserve documentaries and they can be released with them.
All three of those albums are already very long, there's literally no space left on the disc for an extra track.

Back