Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 62 USD (33%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Thread: Is anyone else curious about the public reaction to the MJ Musical happening later this year?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Is anyone else curious about the public reaction to the MJ Musical happening later this year?

Of course fans will go but i've been curious about the general public response as this will be the first big MJ thing to happen since LV. Granted the musical has been in the works for a little while and was meant to happen last year but obviously covid changed all that. It'll be interesting observing the response.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 786 Posts

Default Re: Is anyone else curious about the public reaction to the MJ Musical happening later this year?

Personally not really.shows such as thriller live has always been popular. But i guess this is going to he in a different style. Even as a fan i dont care for this. I dont like muscial theatre stuff

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,310 Times in 1,125 Posts

Default Re: Is anyone else curious about the public reaction to the MJ Musical happening later this year?

Don't care, I am a fan of Michael Jackson and his material, not a fan of his fans

It's still a positive thing though, one of the smaller ways in keeping his legacy going. But give me real MJ stuff. It has been long enough.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentum For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Couldn't care less

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 976 Posts

Whilst I personally don't care about it I think it will be the usual. People will go and enjoy it and the media and talking heads/attention seekers will try to act like it shouldn't be happening.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38

Level
    Thanks

I think there will always be positive and negative reactions, but in general the only people who will care are the ones who will go, I'm personally not into broadway stuff so idk

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 918
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,137 Times in 1,936 Posts

I’m a lifelong Broadway fan, as is most of my social circle, and the general consensus everywhere I’ve seen is positive. Lots of excitement and enthusiasm from all sides, even the general public. Of course you’ve got the usual pushback, but that’s the VERY small minority.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I carnt wait to see how this gets interpreted, is this one of the many projects that Prince has been brought on board for and also any new material portraying Michael in a positive way is great with me.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,195 Times in 1,790 Posts

People still packed out MJ One until coronavirus. I think this will be no different.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller_MJ View Post
    Of course fans will go but i've been curious about the general public response as this will be the first big MJ thing to happen since LV. Granted the musical has been in the works for a little while and was meant to happen last year but obviously covid changed all that. It'll be interesting observing the response.
    It is not certain that fans will go.

The decision of having Lynn Nottage as the writer of ‘MJ: The Musical’ is problematic for them and it would cause some problems.

In her various interviews, Lynn Nottage believes what the two men (Wade Robson and James Safechuck) stated against Michael Jackson in the ‘Leaving Neverland’ documentary.

So, given her belief, there would be many fans who even though they like going to Broadway musicals they would be reluctant to go to that one because it is based on a book written by Lynn Nottage.

Fans even started to express discomfort against her (two years ago) when that musical was firstly announced with Lynn Nottage as the writer of it.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 99.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I don't preoccupy myself with public reaction. Whether other people listen to the same stuff as me doesn't matter. What I care about is the music I like.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    In her various interviews, Lynn Nottage believes what the two men (Wade Robson and James Safechuck) stated against Michael Jackson in the ‘Leaving Neverland’ documentary.

So, given her belief, there would be many fans who even though they like going to Broadway musicals they would be reluctant to go to that one because it is based on a book written by Lynn Nottage.

Fans even started to express discomfort against her (two years ago) when that musical was firstly announced with Lynn Nottage as the writer of it.
    Is it possible that she's learned more about it and has changed her view? Not really counting on it, but possibly.