Is anyone else curious about the public reaction to the MJ Musical happening later this year?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
Of course fans will go but i've been curious about the general public response as this will be the first big MJ thing to happen since LV. Granted the musical has been in the works for a little while and was meant to happen last year but obviously covid changed all that. It'll be interesting observing the response.

Personally not really.shows such as thriller live has always been popular. But i guess this is going to he in a different style. Even as a fan i dont care for this. I dont like muscial theatre stuff

Don't care, I am a fan of Michael Jackson and his material, not a fan of his fans

It's still a positive thing though, one of the smaller ways in keeping his legacy going. But give me real MJ stuff. It has been long enough.

Whilst I personally don't care about it I think it will be the usual. People will go and enjoy it and the media and talking heads/attention seekers will try to act like it shouldn't be happening.

I think there will always be positive and negative reactions, but in general the only people who will care are the ones who will go, I'm personally not into broadway stuff so idk

I’m a lifelong Broadway fan, as is most of my social circle, and the general consensus everywhere I’ve seen is positive. Lots of excitement and enthusiasm from all sides, even the general public. Of course you’ve got the usual pushback, but that’s the VERY small minority.

I carnt wait to see how this gets interpreted, is this one of the many projects that Prince has been brought on board for and also any new material portraying Michael in a positive way is great with me.

People still packed out MJ One until coronavirus. I think this will be no different.

Thriller_MJ;4322245 said:
Of course fans will go but i've been curious about the general public response as this will be the first big MJ thing to happen since LV. Granted the musical has been in the works for a little while and was meant to happen last year but obviously covid changed all that. It'll be interesting observing the response.

It is not certain that fans will go.

The decision of having Lynn Nottage as the writer of ‘MJ: The Musical’ is problematic for them and it would cause some problems.

In her various interviews, Lynn Nottage believes what the two men (Wade Robson and James Safechuck) stated against Michael Jackson in the ‘Leaving Neverland’ documentary.

So, given her belief, there would be many fans who even though they like going to Broadway musicals they would be reluctant to go to that one because it is based on a book written by Lynn Nottage.

Fans even started to express discomfort against her (two years ago) when that musical was firstly announced with Lynn Nottage as the writer of it.

I don't preoccupy myself with public reaction. Whether other people listen to the same stuff as me doesn't matter. What I care about is the music I like.

mj_frenzy;4322318 said:
In her various interviews, Lynn Nottage believes what the two men (Wade Robson and James Safechuck) stated against Michael Jackson in the ‘Leaving Neverland’ documentary.

So, given her belief, there would be many fans who even though they like going to Broadway musicals they would be reluctant to go to that one because it is based on a book written by Lynn Nottage.

Fans even started to express discomfort against her (two years ago) when that musical was firstly announced with Lynn Nottage as the writer of it.

Is it possible that she's learned more about it and has changed her view? Not really counting on it, but possibly.

Back