Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 140 USD (75%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Artistic Decisions in Michael Jackson's Career That Are Questionable

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 777 Posts

Default Re: Artistic decisions in Michael Jackson’s career that can be considered wrong or bad

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    I think he was alluding to touring not quiting music all together but we cannot know for sure.
    Yeah I always thought MJ meant he was done with touring, not making music as well.

I think he always wanted to do music, even if he dipped into film with movie soundtracks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 752 Posts

Default Re: Artistic Decisions in Michael Jackson's Career That Are Questionable

Lets be honest, Michael would have never had the success he did as a music artist, if he was an actor. It’s a good thing that Michael didn’t retire in 1989 from music. Michael wasn’t a good enough actor to thrive in Hollywood, expect for maybe some certain roles. The media would have had a field day taking the absolute piss out of Michael, if he was an actor. The media were cruel to Michael in the last 20 years of his life. They would have been even more cruel if he was an actor. I’m glad that Michael stuck to music, because that is what he excelled in.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Artistic Decisions in Michael Jackson's Career That Are Questionable

It would have been really interesting if he played in the MidKnight action-adventure film in the early ‘90s.

The film’s theme suited him: it centres on a shy young man who turns into a dancing knight at 12 a.m. (at midnight).

Actually, Michael Jackson himself came up with that film’s theme.

Many people thought at the time that Michael Jackson was really suitable for that role, also because of the dancing abilities that this role entailed.

He should have taken that leading role because the whole MidKnight project would then have become something very big (also, MidKnight video game, MidKnight comic book, etc) which would have benefited his artistic career in general, just like his Moonwalker project few years earlier.

But he eventually turned down that role and the whole MidKnight project fell through.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Artistic decisions in Michael Jackson’s career that can be considered wrong or bad

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    Whether or not he actually wanted to retire from music, we can't know for sure. He did however state after the last Bad Tour show that it was his last concert. According to this report he wanted to focus more on making movies:

We can know for sure because there is no evidence to suggest that he wanted to retire from music in 1989 (on the contrary, there were plans to continue creating and releasing new music).

Some fans took that video and turned it into that he wanted to retire from music at that time.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I still til this day haven't watched Edward scissorhands because I always felt that it was something very mj about his look & the emotion he gave. I never knew until a couple of years later that mj was actually considered for the role & basically based him from him. I spot mj references like the back of my hand

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderouzmj For This Useful Post: