Michael Jackson and children

red59145

Proud Member
Why did Michael Jackson say: "When I see children, I see the face of God"?

A controversial topic, for sure.

The simple answer: Michael developed a distrust towards adults. Part of this stems from his childhood (or lack thereof), and part stems from the fact that many of the adults that crossed his path used and/or betrayed him for their own personal gain. Children, to Michael, werenÂ’t as narcissistic; they saw him as a friend, not as a money machine. Hence, his friendships and kinships with children.

Now, did he go about this philosophy the right way? ThatÂ’s another story. But the fact of the matter is, a grown man was denied his childhood, experienced untold psychological and physical abuse, and sought out friendship from adolescents because they were the only people who werenÂ’t hellbent on using him to get something. No matter how you twist it, that is sad.

Last edited:
While there are some aspects that may be weird to us - if youre a megastar with worldwide fame and everyone wants to be with you and take photos with you. Wouldn't you like a few moments of fun without work discussion?

His lived experience is completely different than mine and he may have not always made the best decisions, however I understand why he is the way he was.

Back