Anybody notice the background noises in Moonwalker, Bad 25?

femi

Proud Member
Did they redo the sounds in the documentary or something? Like how they do sound effects for movies in studios, sounds like they did that, like a soundstage.

the little clap that they put in.

the added hoooo , and hooooo, (is that a multitrack sound?)

when mike does the doooo/ooh sound. It's not in The way you make me feel video, it's only in the doc, and Moonwalker.

I only watched Bad 25 once, so I couldn't remember any specifics.

From the clips you posted, the clap in Bad definitely sounds too crisp, like it's been added. It's most likely fake.

TWYMMF, yeah, sounds like there are too many of them. I'll dig out my Number Ones DVD later and see if it's the same.

Last link, yeah where he spins, sounds like they added the album version over the top.

Movies do this sort of stuff all the time. Let us know if you find any more.

What did you mean about Moonwalker?

Nothing, they just put the same video in Moonwalker, because it shows the same sounds as TWYMMF in Bad 25, but the official video doesn't have it's weird, but thanks for the input, I was wondering about those sounds, the clap was added, when Mike have Greg a high five, and when also when Mike was hanging out with the fellas in the TWYMMF video, he did those hooo, ooohss, that was added, I'm 80% sure it was a multitrack. I was just thinking of the little add-ins while watching the Bad 25 doc. I think they added that in, to bring the realness, or the nature of recording, I don't know why they put it in, but they could have synced it properly, still good though. I will see if I spot any more, it just fascinated me why they were put there.

LOL. I never care what has been put in, or where it is, or where it came from. I just live in the moment and listen.

LOL. I never care what has been put in, or where it is, or where it came from. I just live in the moment and listen.

I know, I was just being curious and wanted to inquire. I love the music lol :smilev1:

is that a multitrack sound?
So, every sound from a studio starts life as multitrack (ie separate). They are combined in the mixing/mastering stage of a song. By the time you hear something on a final stereo/surround product, CD or DVD or TV, nothing is multitrack.

That's how they can add or take away any element from a soundtrack.

Back