Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 68 USD (36%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has the estate ever at one point asked us the fans what we would like?

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Has the estate ever at one point asked us the fans what we would like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    I wouldn't want to see 53 versions of one of Michael's hits, done by other people. LOL
    Demos, alternate takes, unreleased songs and live shows would be good though.
    Yeah that would be good! And just to mention I meant in terms of having the fans involved just like they did when they were creating the set list for TII. I mean for example let’s say they have a few footage of different concerts and intend to release at least one of them, would be good if they did like a vote but aiming the poll at message boards/forums just like this or even on the website.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Has the estate ever at one point asked us the fans what we would like?

By the way, I think maybe this answers questions about videos and concerts, the below is from www.michaeljackson.com under FAQ’s.

WILL THE ESTATE UPGRADE MICHAEL’S SHORT FILMS TO 4K?
    The Estate has every intention of upgrading Michael’s short films wherever possible. Upgrading Michael’s short films is more akin to what is required for older theatrical motion pictures as opposed to music videos by other artists in large part due to all of the work (e.g., effects, etc.) customarily done on each short film beyond the actual filming and the manner and format in which all of that work was originally done. A few short films, like “Thriller” and “Smooth Criminal”, have 35 mm masters where the upgrade is expensive but much more doable. However, that is not the case for most of the short films and, in these cases, the process is more expensive and requires more work (and time). In some cases, it may not even be possible if all we have is a poor quality master tape and no original source materials are located. It is important for fans to understand that not everything that was created by Michael actually made it into Michael’s storage facilities (including, for example, the high def footage of the full Bad Tour concert at Wembley even though we know that Michael shot “Another Part of Me” at that and other concerts on film to create the short film for that song). But we will continue to look for the best solution for the challenges we face with each of the short films and we look forward to sharing the upgraded short films when the work required has been completed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dancinmachine51 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dancinmachine51 View Post
    By the way, I think maybe this answers questions about videos and concerts, the below is from www.michaeljackson.com under FAQ’s.
    What stood out to me most from that is "and other concerts on film". So if it didn't make it to his storage facility then where else could it be? The wembley multitracks were with the audio engineer. The film has got to be with some other crew/production member or other storage facility.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 990 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    What stood out to me most from that is "and other concerts on film". So if it didn't make it to his storage facility then where else could it be? The wembley multitracks were with the audio engineer. The film has got to be with some other crew/production member or other storage facility.
    It kinda gives me "we haven't even looked for it" vibes.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Hell they told us that since we've been asking for Wembley... "we found it, only take no film who cares, here you go". We've been asking for 4k scans for 10years + so..... now I'm just whatever

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 771 Posts

Did Michael ever ask us what we wanted when he was alive? No. He released what he deemed was right. In the same manner, the Estate who are now representing Michael after his death have released stuff that they deem is right.

While it would be nice if the Estate asked us fans for our opinions, that isn’t something that they have to do and nor should they be criticised for it, in my opinion.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    Did Michael ever ask us what we wanted when he was alive? No. He released what he deemed was right. In the same manner, the Estate who are now representing Michael after his death have released stuff that they deem is right.

While it would be nice if the Estate asked us fans for our opinions, that isn’t something that they have to do and nor should they be criticised for it, in my opinion.
    I agree

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dancinmachine51 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I would say Bad25 is the closest they came to giving what the fans wanted. If they had left those God awful remixes off and put more unreleased tracks on it, it would have been fantastic (not that the end result wasn't good). I loved the unreleased stuff, the live album and the concert DVD.
    MJ fan For All Time,
    Eric H "Prince Of Pop"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Prince Of Pop For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post

I get that but at the same time the fans are the ones making them money. We buy/stream the music. I don't think it would hurt to be included in some projects. They did somewhat before. Wembley is a great example.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dancinmachine51 View Post
    Hey guys!
    I hope you are all well.

I was just thinking while surfing through the pages here and watching the vids…has the estate ever asked us what we the fans would like?
    Im guessing no but just as they did the TII track wishlist where we voted on songs to be performed, couldn’t they ask us what we would like to see. I mean we all know footage does exist so wouldn’t it be nice. They could like do a list with footage that they have and could release and we vote…

I dunno, pretty random but I thought to have the discussion here.

If anyone who reads this can get in touch with the estate and mention this to them please feel free. If I knew contact details I would but I don’t know the details and I do not have any social media accounts like Twitter.

love ya’ll xx

To the admins if this thread is in wrong place (sorry if it is) please move it. I posted in 2000 watts as it’s to do with footage
    According to the Estate’s policy, fans are not allowed to get in touch with the Estate for possible new releases.

John Branca at one point even forbade fans to send him e-mails for such releases.

Also, the Estate stated that they want to surprise fans with their releases, meaning that they are not going to do a list with footage that they have and could release and then fans would vote.

They periodically scroll through their social media accounts and certain on line Michael Jackson fan communities, so as to get an idea of what type of stuff fans are interested in, but this method does not really dictate what they are going to release.

They said that they want to theatrically release re-mastered, upgraded versions of certain Michael Jackson’s music videos, but they realized that they lack the masters of them.

In other cases, they do have the masters but they do not want to proceed to release certain stuff due to other reasons (such as, the cancelled ‘BAD Tour - Live In Yokohama’ video release because they did not like the set list of that show).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    According to the Estate’s policy, fans are not allowed to get in touch with the Estate for possible new releases.

John Branca at one point even forbade fans to send him e-mails for such releases.
    I don't think that first part is true. Estate's online team has email address and they have responded in the past. They have said that they passed my feedback to the Estate.
    Last edited by Galactus123; 26-07-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    I get that but at the same time the fans are the ones making them money. We buy/stream the music. I don't think it would hurt to be included in some projects. They did somewhat before. Wembley is a great example.
    I don't disagree.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Prince Of Pop;4324588]I would say Bad25 is the closest they came to giving what the fans wanted.

And it sold abysmally, sadly.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

[QUOTE=kreen;4324620]
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Pop View Post
    I would say Bad25 is the closest they came to giving what the fans wanted.

And it sold abysmally, sadly.
    Imo I think the sales would have been better if they found the wembley masters + better promotion.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 990 Posts

The Estate are expecting way too much when it comes to sales. If something isn't gonna make them absurd amounts of money then it's not worth doing.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post: