Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 68 USD (36%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has the estate ever at one point asked us the fans what we would like?

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Has the estate ever at one point asked us the fans what we would like?

Hey guys!
    I hope you are all well.

I was just thinking while surfing through the pages here and watching the vids…has the estate ever asked us what we the fans would like?
    Im guessing no but just as they did the TII track wishlist where we voted on songs to be performed, couldn’t they ask us what we would like to see. I mean we all know footage does exist so wouldn’t it be nice. They could like do a list with footage that they have and could release and we vote…

I dunno, pretty random but I thought to have the discussion here.

If anyone who reads this can get in touch with the estate and mention this to them please feel free. If I knew contact details I would but I don’t know the details and I do not have any social media accounts like Twitter.

love ya’ll xx

To the admins if this thread is in wrong place (sorry if it is) please move it. I posted in 2000 watts as it’s to do with footage

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,308 Times in 2,505 Posts

Default Re: Has the estate ever at one point asked us the fans what we would like?

Quote Originally Posted by dancinmachine51 View Post
    Hey guys!
    I hope you are all well.

I was just thinking while surfing through the pages here and watching the vids…has the estate ever asked us what we the fans would like?
    Im guessing no but just as they did the TII track wishlist where we voted on songs to be performed, couldn’t they ask us what we would like to see. I mean we all know footage does exist so wouldn’t it be nice. They could like do a list with footage that they have and could release and we vote…

I dunno, pretty random but I thought to have the discussion here.

If anyone who reads this can get in touch with the estate and mention this to them please feel free. If I knew contact details I would but I don’t know the details and I do not have any social media accounts like Twitter.

love ya’ll xx
    They've never asked what the fans would like to see, nor do they let constructive criticism reflect on what they deliver. As for the TII Rehearsals we have information from the people with amateur recordings that their are 6 Unseen performances yet to be seen... As well as alternate performances of what was seen in the original feature.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Has the estate ever at one point asked us the fans what we would like?

Although I wish they were more in touch with what we wanted, I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say that I'm not sure that they need to ask us.

Generally, I'm not aware of any estate of any fanbase interacting with and releasing things for their fans in such a direct manner.

They have to do things for business reasons and for maintaining Michael's image on a global scale, rather than pandering to those of us who would love to see every moment of Michael's life if we could!

That being said, obviously I'm on your side and I feel that releasing a Victory Tour/Triumph Tour concert would be a great spark of interest on a global scale because it was the peak of Michael's fame. A Bad Tour 2nd leg would be great too, but from a business perspective I'm not sure they will see a benefit in releasing another concert from the same tour. Again, great for us fans, maybe not so great in the "overall picture".

What they could do, like Metallica have had for ages, would be to create an online vault of loads of concerts. I think Metallica have almost every concert ever of theirs uploaded online and fans pay for access to view them whenever they want. They could make use of a lot of archive material that way. I wish they would consider this at some point

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdamBa17 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamBa17 View Post
    What they could do, like Metallica have had for ages, would be to create an online vault of loads of concerts. I think Metallica have almost every concert ever of theirs uploaded online and fans pay for access to view them whenever they want. They could make use of a lot of archive material that way. I wish they would consider this at some point
    Oh God, I'm so glad someone mentioned the Metallica thing. The Estate would have the lowest production cost possible to have something like that up and running. Screw remasters, just put raw transfers of masters and charge a price for them.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MJbr2 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJbr2 View Post
    Oh God, I'm so glad someone mentioned the Metallica thing. The Estate would have the lowest production cost possible to have something like that up and running. Screw remasters, just put raw transfers of masters and charge a price for them.
    Absolutely. Minimum effort from them. Maximum enjoyment for fans. They earn extra money if they charge for access. Plus, it doesn't affect their ongoing public relations plans. It makes so much sense

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamBa17 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Absolutely. Minimum effort from them. Maximum enjoyment for fans. They earn extra money if they charge for access. Plus, it doesn't affect their ongoing public relations plans. It makes so much sense
    Metallica charges $20 for each soundboard, all of them in FLAC or MP3. It's reasonable if the Estate charged $50 for stuff like MSG, LA and others, for example.
    Their claim is that production cost for a live release would be too high and there'd be little profit from it, so an online vault would be the solution. They don't seem to realize not every release has to be physical.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Im down with that. I think that’s a great way. I wish they consider that too but I’m thinking there must be a way for that idea to reach them so that they could start considering. I wish there was a way for some ideas that fans may have like the one you mentioned to reach the estate.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,167 Times in 1,284 Posts

This. I agree with every word. Could some mod put this thread on Discussion? I don't think it belongs here in 2000 Watts.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,541 Posts

They did release the Wembley concert because fans wanted it.
    Last edited by Galactus123; 23-07-2021 at 09:31 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Galactus123 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
    They did released the Wembley concert because fans wanted it.
    True. Good ol' days, Keep the Magic campaign. Feels like it was just yesterday.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Don’t get me started with Metallica what they do for the fans is fantastic. During the pandemic they released a different concert every Monday to watch for free. You should check out what they are doing for the Black album anniversary coming out in September. Like 15hrs worth of demos, alternate takes and unreleased songs, plus live shows. Not to mention 53 versions of their hit done by other artist like Mylie Cyrus and Chris Stapleton. I wish we had that for Mike.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smooth72 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth72 View Post
    Don’t get me started with Metallica what they do for the fans is fantastic. During the pandemic they released a different concert every Monday to watch for free. You should check out what they are doing for the Black album anniversary coming out in September. Like 15hrs worth of demos, alternate takes and unreleased songs, plus live shows. Not to mention 53 versions of their hit done by other artist like Mylie Cyrus and Chris Stapleton. I wish we had that for Mike.
    Sadly, I don't think MJ has that much studio material for potential releases. As for live material, a project for an online archive with digital files available for purchase would be completely suitable and also kill their argument of "little profit to a high production cost".

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MJbr2 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,075 Posts

A collector's label has been discussed for years but seems it wont be happening any time soon. It is nice that the estate have made MJs concerts free on YT. I think this debunks the whole "estate shouldnt release concerts because they aren't profitable" nonsense. Hoping to see some new live material eventually.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,594 Times in 1,304 Posts

Although I wish they were more in touch with what we wanted, I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say that I'm not sure that they need to ask us.

Generally, I'm not aware of any estate of any fanbase interacting with and releasing things for their fans in such a direct manner.

They have to do things for business reasons and for maintaining Michael's image on a global scale, rather than pandering to those of us who would love to see every moment of Michael's life if we could!
    Completely agree. The Estate's purpose is to settle debts, gather credit, generate income, pay off loans, settle disputes/court cases and disperse income/assets to the beneficiaries once it exits probate. Fans didn't tell Michael what they wanted to see when he was alive....they waited for him to release new albums, announce concert tours to support them and make appearances at various events and places of interest. I don't really see why fans think they can tell the Estate, which is basically a business entity, what they want and expect to get it.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,594 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth72 View Post
    Not to mention 53 versions of their hit done by other artist like Mylie Cyrus and Chris Stapleton.
    I wouldn't want to see 53 versions of one of Michael's hits, done by other people. LOL
    Demos, alternate takes, unreleased songs and live shows would be good though.