MJ Record Almost Broken After 30 Years

JennieKim

Proud Member
I didn't know about this record, however I do want to fact check especially after the announcement of the Eagles replacing MJ years ago which was kinda misleading (It was for the US not worldwide). It's about the fastest No. 1s that a Kpop group have recently surpassed. Just want to hear your thoughts or background or any kind of insight about this.

Last edited:
K-pop boyband BTS have had five #1 singles over the last ten-and-a-half months. That's the fastest any artist has accumulated five chart-toppers since MJ back in the late 1980s, but he did so in around nine months.

The record wasn't broken, but BTS came closer than any other artist has in over three decades.

Also regarding the eagles thing, it's been debated that they counted streams from other albums for the greatest hits album so it seems sketchy to say the least...

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. The circumstances before which focused on radio presence and now streaming are a bit different but still interesting. I was thought Katy Perry did so in the 2010s.

Yes....and then announcing it as if it was worldwide also was weird and shady. Many just took it as it is unfortunately.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. The circumstances before which focused on radio presence and now streaming are a bit different but still interesting. I was thought Katy Perry did so in the 2010s.

No she didnt. She cheated. re-releases.

It's a lot easier for singles to get to number 1 and stay on the charts for a long period of time, in this era of streaming. This is why I hate it when they compare records achieved in the streaming era with records achieved in the digital downloading era and records achieved in the going to record stores to buy music era.

Not hating on BTS in anyway, but MJ achieving five number 1 singles during 1987-88 was a lot harder than BTS achieving the same feat during 2020-21, in my opinion.

It's a lot easier for singles to get to number 1 and stay on the charts for a long period of time, in this era of streaming. This is why I hate it when they compare records achieved in the streaming era with records achieved in the digital downloading era and records achieved in the going to record stores to buy music era.

Not hating on BTS in anyway, but MJ achieving five number 1 singles during 1987-88 was a lot harder than BTS achieving the same feat during 2020-21, in my opinion.

Trust me I feel the same, achieving that status was easier for BTS to get because we're in a era of technology, and technically speaking. BTS got big because of social media, and you could spread the word faster than back then on social media. Don't get me wrong BTS had talent, but online and social media promotions, got them there faster. Plus they have lots and lots of fans, nowadays it's called stans, because many fans are obsessed with these artists, and would do anything to promote them even if they didn't like the new output. The stans stream BTS like crazy, they are arguably the most aggressive fanbase in the world, who would do anything for BTS, trust me I've seen it in posts. They go trending everyday online. And remember MJ achieved this status by himself, a one-man, BTS achieved this as a group. Plus, artists could buy streams, and record stats. MJ achieved it the hard way, with just his gift, and his little- to nothing team. BTS made it with Technology and their talent.

Trust me I feel the same, achieving that status was easier for BTS to get because we're in a era of technology, and technically speaking. BTS got big because of social media, and you could spread the word faster than back then on social media. Don't get me wrong BTS had talent, but online and social media promotions, got them there faster. Plus they have lots and lots of fans, nowadays it's called stans, because many fans are obsessed with these artists, and would do anything to promote them even if they didn't like the new output. The stans stream BTS like crazy, they are arguably the most aggressive fanbase in the world, who would do anything for BTS, trust me I've seen it in posts. They go trending everyday online. And remember MJ achieved this status by himself, a one-man, BTS achieved this as a group. Plus, artists could buy streams, and record stats. MJ achieved it the hard way, with just his gift, and his little- to nothing team. BTS made it with Technology and their talent.

BTS stans are some of the most crazy obsessed fans I have come across. They are everywhere on twitter.

Last edited:
BTS stans are some of the crazy obsessed fans I have come across. They are everywhere on twitter.
They are, they are really crazy and obsessed. They will do anything to make some video hit a number of views etc. I've had one of the BTS stans in our house for a while (au pair for our kids) so I've seen and experienced it first hand.

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk

Back