Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 68 USD (36%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Thread: Slash Explains What It Was Like To Work With Michael Jackson

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,112 Posts

Default Slash Explains What It Was Like To Work With Michael Jackson

Slash Explains How It Was Like To Work With Michael Jackson

Enes K.July 27, 2021
    Slash Explains How It Was Like To Work With Michael Jackson - Rock Celebrities

The lead guitarist of Guns N’ Roses, Slash, had a recent conversation with Matt Allen of Kerrang! and responded to many anticipated questions from his history with GN’R to his experience working with Michael Jackson.

During the 40 years of his music career, Slash has worked with many legends like Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie, Hollywood Rose, Kings of Chaos, and the late pop icon Michael Jackson. According to his recent conversation, Slash got a phone call from MJ’s manager one day, who said that Michael has been trying to get in touch with him for a while now.

Slash’s first appearance was on the single ‘Give In To Me’ which was the debut single of ‘Dangerous.’ Jackson was very happy with his work and they worked together multiple times throughout the years. The GN’R guitarist also played Jackson’s latest studio album ‘Invincible’ which was released in 2001, and they shared the same stage on the ‘Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Special‘ concert for the last time ever.
    In his latest interview, Slash was asked whether it was hard to work with a legend like Michael Jackson and the details of their collaboration. Slash shared the story mentioned above and stated that it was fun to work with him because he was such a professional musician.

Here is what Slash said in the interview:
    “Initially, it was a phone call from my manager where he said, ​’Michael is trying to get in touch with you,’ and I was like, ‘Wow.’ So I called him back and he wanted me to play on ‘Dangerous.’ We made a date and I went down to the Record Plant in Hollywood and he was there with Brooke Shields. That was very surreal.
    These were two people that I’d sort of grown up with, in a way. So we hung out for two minutes and they went off to dinner and left me with this song. I did my thing, he really dug it and afterward, he kept asking me if I’d be into doing this or doing that.

I’d do some shows here and there and it was fun because he was such a pro, and he was such a ****ing talent from on high. That was the main thing: he was so amazingly musically fluid. Such a treat to be around.”
    God, I thank you for allowing Michael to continue to watch over his children:

Prince Michael, Paris, and Blanket ("Bigi").

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherubimII For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,506
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 620 Posts

Default Re: Slash Explains How It Was Like To Work With Michael Jackson

Help Staff help you:
    Read the Rules. Respect others. Report offences.