Lack of Precision in MJ Instagram Post

Piek

Proud Member
I am not the one complaining the Estate isn't releasing stuff. How can I blame them for not releasing things Michael didn't release either? But I do mind their sloppy approach to things. Their lack of being precise. Just look at this Instagram post from the official Michael Jackson account:

bleed-01.png

Yeah, there is something strange about that font, right? Why are the C's and the S smaller than the rest? Why is the M so thick on one side? That's because these people from the Estate just uploaded the print version of the album cover. They didn't know, they didn't notice, or they didn't care. My guess is they don't know what the difference is, since they are all lawyers and so they only know about the legal aspects of images. So I'll explain, just in case someone from the Estate is reading this.

Dear Estate-person, you've uploaded a print version to Instagram. It looks silly, because the print version is slightly larger than the original design and some parts are kind of extended. That's because it has a bleed. This might be new to you, so here is some information from the web that might be useful:​
Bleed refers to an extra 1/8†(. 125 in) of image or background color that extends beyond the trim area of your printing piece. The project is printed on an oversized sheet that is then cut down to size with the appearance that the image is “bleeding†off the edge of the paper.
So please remove the print version from Instagram or replace it with the correct version. If you no longer have the correct version, because you were cleaning out your hard drive and thought one version of the BAD cover was more than enough, you can crop it yourself to create a version that makes sense. See the example below. Thank you and keep up... eh, start with the good work.​

bleed-02.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously....? I wish I could get my time back from reading this. I thought this was going somewhere. Smh...A FONT????

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

For starters: Their accounts aren't run by lawyers and the people running them maintain lots of other stuff in their daily job. It's not a big deal, their accounts have always kept a low profile, they just exist to reach a few people on these platforms, not the ones who are already fans.

Actually, i've been looking for that cover a while ago and couldnt find it. So thanks Estate!!!!

I think these things are important, too. They often share very blurry pictures and I remember they once shared a picture of E' Casanova on MJ's Instagram/Twitter. They thought it was Michael. 🤷‍♂️

I think these things are important, too. They often share very blurry pictures and I remember they once shared a picture of E' Casanova on MJ's Instagram/Twitter. They thought it was Michael. 🤷‍♂️
Joe Jackson chose a picture of E'Cas for Michael's monument stone at 2300 Jackson Street, too.

Back