Britney Spears loses manager and lawyer in the same day

RubbaRubba

Proud Member
Posted Sep 17th 2007 7:41PM
by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Train Wrecks, Britney Spears
Britney's manager has jumped ship, and the reason sounds strangely similar to her former lawyer's woes over Spears.

Manager Jeff Kwatinetz issued a statement saying, "It saddens us to confirm media reports that we have terminated our professional relationship with Britney Spears." Noting Kwatinetz repped Brit for a grand total of one month, he continued, "We believe Britney is enormously talented, and has made a terrific record, but current circumstances have prevented us from properly doing our job."

So what are the "circumstances?" Maybe they're similar to what we hear about Laura Wasser going South on Spears. We're told Wasser questioned Brit's judgment but simply could not control her.

Sources close to the situation tell us Kwatinetz had similar problems, notably at the VMAs, when Britney decided to switch the costume she planned to wear for the glitterated swamp bikini, without telling anyone. Ding dang, y'all.

We're told after the VMAs, the firm demanded to meet with her but she refused. They felt she needed help, but she wouldn't hear it.

I may be wrong, but I truly think that something is going on with her besides a "wish for media attention." You are talking about someone who has completely turned in terms of professional/personal actions.

I hope that everything works out for her. And I hope that the media and people in the general public quit the harrassing and bashing of her. How much can a person take? How can anyone pull it together under such circumstances?

May God bless her and her children.

Whatever is going on with Britney, I think she needs to get it together and fast. Otherwise, I have the feeling her label is going to yank her new album right out from under her because they might not think she can sell well. I hope that doesn't happen though for real. Because I've been looking forward to buying it. And she needs the money to support herself and her kids.

Something is going on with Britney on a personal level. I hate to say that she is mentally unstable but emotionally I think it's a given. This business has eaten her alive and it's very sad to see. I hope someone can get through to her. All this stuff with her career, personal life, and family must be so hard to deal with even for someone of perfect health.

WOW!! I really feel bad for her.. It is just getting tougher and tougher.. I just hope she does not have to reach ROCK BOTTOM before she turns around. seems like she's getting close.

WOW!! I really feel bad for her.. It is just getting tougher and tougher.. I just hope she does not have to reach ROCK BOTTOM before she turns around. seems like she's getting close.[/b]

If it hadn't been for "Gimme More" being some "fledging hit" as it's posted on the news today, I would think she'd be already there. But yeah we shall see in the coming months/next year.

totally bipolar. that's what justin alluded to when they split, and that's what jason said when she had her manager swoop in and anull their 50 hr marriage

This is all so sad to see, everyone is jumping ship.....

Again, I truly wish Britney can somehow get herself together, for herself and her beautiful babies.

:rollin: i mean, she done pushed everyone away so who cares? she's doing this to herself...crash and burn and now im laughing remembering when she said mike should call her and how he just needed friends....it's all kewl y'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

Judge to Brit -- You Got Substance Abuse Problems

The judge in the Britney Spears custody battle found that "there is a habitual, frequent, and continuous use of controlled substances and alcohol by (Britney)." The judge has ordered Britney "to undergo testing for the use of controlled substances and alcohol." Testing will be conducted randomly twice a week.

According to judge's order, no changes were made yesterday in the custody arrangement. As we first reported, custody is split 50/50 between Britney and K-Fed. He wants to change it to 70/30 in his favor.

The documents underscore the bitterness in the custody battle. Judge Scott Gordon ruled that "Each party is restrained from making derogatory remarks about the other party and the other party's family or significant other..."

The judge also prohibits Brit and K-Fed from "using corporal punishment with the minor children and from allowing anyone else to do so."

The judge also ordered the battling parents "to engage in joint co-parenting counseling." The order continues, "Each party is ordered to complete the PARENTING WITHOUT CONFLICT program."

The judge went on, "Neither party shall consume alcohol, or other non-prescription controlled substance during or for the 12 hours immediately preceding any period such party is responsible for the health and safety of the minor children."

totally bipolar. that's what justin alluded to when they split, and that's what jason said when she had her manager swoop in and anull their 50 hr marriage[/b]
Yeah. I suspect as much. Manic depression, paranoid schezo, sumthang... This has all of the signs of a mental meltdown. The drugs and the hard partying just makes it worse, but not uncommon with someone suffering like that. Hope I'm wrong, but...

This seems to be more than just getting high... Peeps under her employ don't want the liability if something goes terribly wrong.

Her mother should just kidnap her azz and lock her up until she's properly treated. But I guess that's illegal.

But still.....:unsure:

Did anyone hear the latest?? She got a new lawyer, and he dropped her too.. Now she's on a third try with a New, NEW lawyer.. I saw this being talked about on E! news

:rollin: i mean, she done pushed everyone away so who cares? she's doing this to herself...crash and burn and now im laughing remembering when she said mike should call her and how he just needed friends....it's all kewl y'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall[/b]

God forbid you ever have a problem. Do onto others, my friend.

o yes honey, im pregnant right now, divorcing my gay ass husband who beat me, but do u see my ass in the club, shaking my tata's, and getting sloppy drunk? NO

do unto others my ass....she's beyond a damn trainwreck, her ass in on fire right now and im just laughing at all the fools who blamed ma boi kev for her crap during their marriage....he tamed her, she's the one w/ the problem, it was always her and now people can see it for themselves

Did anyone hear the latest?? She got a new lawyer, and he dropped her too.. Now she's on a third try with a New, NEW lawyer.. I saw this being talked about on E! news[/b]

Good Lord, to say this girl's business is erratic would be overstating the point! :no:

o yes honey, im pregnant right now, divorcing my gay ass husband who beat me, but do u see my ass in the club, shaking my tata's, and getting sloppy drunk? NO

do unto others my ass....she's beyond a damn trainwreck, her ass in on fire right now and im just laughing at all the fools who blamed ma boi kev for her crap during their marriage....he tamed her, she's the one w/ the problem, it was always her and now people can see it for themselves[/b]

*** You don't know Britney personally, you know she needs help, *****. She is a human being and a mother and deserves at the very least compassion. It doesn't matter what YOU do. You are not her. No one knows what is going on with Britney but very obviously there is serious mental or emotional damage. Here we are at MJJF and have dealt with so much through the years ****...... :no:

Did anyone hear the latest?? She got a new lawyer, and he dropped her too.. Now she's on a third try with a New, NEW lawyer.. I saw this being talked about on E! news[/b]
Just like there are lawyers out there who are willing to represent the idiot crazies who want to sue MJ for every riduculous thing (he had my babies and I wrote his songs at 2 years old -- folk), the problem I c with Britney is that she is going wind up with some shyster lawyer who is going to take all of her danggone money because the more credible lawyers aren't willing to work with her anymore.

Her mother needs to do what Maria Cole did with Natalie: go to court and retain guardianship status of her estate before messes it all up. I think Britney would have to agree, but then perhaps there is the 'my daughter is mentally unstable and in her best interest, I request to execute her business' ploy....

Sumthang.

That's what I don't get. I also didn't get how Cissy Houston wasn't able to do the same with Whitney when she went through her own ordeal. I guess she didn't wanna be too estranged from her like daddy John was during his final years on Earth. If you deal with a celebrity who can't cope with the pressures of fame and get into drugs and loses their head even while they have kids, you're gonna come down with PROBLEMS. Britney's situation is so confusing. We're hearing two totally different stories from their side and her side and the side of the media. I feel she should retire from show business and really seriously devote time to her children and sobriety until she's well enough to come back and the kids are old enough.

hm....everyone, for a time or just have that kind of second chance! (in her case)

but she got to show , for very seriouse that she deserved that!

....she is a mother!
she deserves fun, but she most be more devoted to her role mybe!
...at least for a time and no, and balance this! =)

wow, iwish i could have her problems...must be nice to be that rich to hire lawyer after lawyer....y should we pray and hope for the best when she obviouslydoesn't give a damn?

Just like there are lawyers out there who are willing to represent the idiot crazies who want to sue MJ for every riduculous thing (he had my babies and I wrote his songs at 2 years old -- folk), the problem I c with Britney is that she is going wind up with some shyster lawyer who is going to take all of her danggone money because the more credible lawyers aren't willing to work with her anymore.

Her mother needs to do what Maria Cole did with Natalie: go to court and retain guardianship status of her estate before messes it all up. I think Britney would have to agree, but then perhaps there is the 'my daughter is mentally unstable and in her best interest, I request to execute her business' ploy....

Sumthang.[/b]

When her family and former manager got together and put her in rehab, she hated them for it...and still does. She seems like someone who thinks she doesn't need help.

When her family and former manager got together and put her in rehab, she hated them for it...and still does. She seems like someone who thinks she doesn't need help.[/b]

Britney's denial will cost her her life if she don't watch out. I don't know what to tell her. I don't even think Chris Crocker can defend Britney on what has happened to her either.

When her family and former manager got together and put her in rehab, she hated them for it...and still does. She seems like someone who thinks she doesn't need help.[/b]
They need to put her azz back there and throw away the key. The chick obviously is incapable of making sound decisions about anything right now.

Back