>> Jermaine Dupri on the Jackson family

SunsetDriver

Proud Member
Here is an excerpt from Jermaine Dupri's memoir, Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of a Music Mogul.

http://www.newyorkbusiness.com/apps/pbcs.d...006013/1008/toc

jermaindupribookak8.jpg

CHAPTER 12: WE BELONG TOGETHER gives readers a glimpse into the author's personal life, and his relationship with longtime love Janet Jackson.

Things have always been so easy between us. There was none of the usual pressure I felt with my girlfriends in the past. Like me, my girl was deep in the business from day one. Like me, her family was always involved. Like me, she was constantly traveling and working. She understands how your work can take you away. She does get jealous, but with her I'm not always on the defensive, trying to explain how it is.

It wasn't long after we got together on that dream vacation when I met her whole family. It was Thanksgiving weekend when they invited me down to L.A. for a gathering. They don't do Thanksgiving, but they get together for a big family dinner.

I was real nervous. When it's a girl with six brothers of course you're gonna be intimidated. I was thinking the worst and worried they would ask me all the hard questions of life. I knew they'd be real protective of the baby in the family. But they didn't grill me at all. They were just real gracious and nice, joking around with each other and saying, "Pass the biscuits please."

I couldn't get over how normal the whole family was. The Jacksons were just a regular black family with black people [stuff] going on! They play board games together. Jan's mom is even more competitive than I am. She can't stand to lose and she won't give it up to anyone. The kids all argue and tease each other like siblings do and throw down when it's time to eat. They tease me too. La Toya's always making fun of me and mimicking me on the phone. Jan finds it hilarious.

The Jacksons let me in with open arms. When they were all going through it over Michael's trial, I spoke up for them. I wanted to defend the family's honor. They're just nice, loving people who deserved better than getting raked over the coals in the media. I also did it because it was important for Janet. The trial was rough on her. She and Michael were always so close.

Getting together with Jan was the first time in my life I felt like I was with a woman who's also a friend and a partner. I feel like I can breathe around her. Now I have someone who is more than my equal and who I can bounce things off of. Jan will give me an intelligent answer. She's educated and she knows stuff.

Life with Jan is just real normal. When we hang out, we hang out at home. She's a homebody. We don't want to be out on the road all the time.

:flowers:

Enrico

That is just so so sweet. Im very happy for him and Janet..theyve found their soul mates..they just gush over each other..it is very sweet.

thanks for posting this!

He seems like a really nice person this guy :). I am happy for Janet.

Just what I thought. The Jacksons are no different than no one else. But we know dirt sells.

Jan will give me an intelligent answer. She's educated and she knows stuff.[/b]

why do i find this line hilarious? :cookiemonster:

(and i really just wanted to use the new cookie monster emoticon)

btw, i wonder if mike was at this tgiving dinner

Awwwwwww, I hope I'm lucky enough to find someone as wonderful as Michael & loves me as much as JD loves Janet!!! :D :flowers:

Jan's mom is even more competitive than I am. She can't stand to lose and she won't give it up to anyone.[/b]

LOL :lol:

And thanks Enrico, loved reading it, it just confirms what everyone else who knows them says, they're a normal family. Jermaine Dupree is one lucky guy! Seriously, I wanna be a part of that family too! :p

why do i find this line hilarious? :cookiemonster:
(and i really just wanted to use the new cookie monster emoticon)

btw, i wonder if mike was at this tgiving dinner[/b]

I think its the "and she knows stuff" :lol:

That was sweet, thanks for posting that excerpt!! I can't imagine LaToya mimicking the way Jermaine talks, the thought makes me laugh though. I mean, her voice is so Minnie Mouse high, how would she go about doing it? I wonder if there was any mention that there were 2 Jermaines?

Or more evidently...why didn't he mention Joseph? I know he was scared of him LOL

btw, i wonder if mike was at this tgiving dinner[/b]

I wondered the same thing when I read that and somehow I don't think he was.....

The Combat Jack Show (2014)

There's a lot of n-word here, so you might not want to play this at work

by Miss2Bees June 15, 2018 The Source
Jermaine-Dupri-Was-Inducted-in-Songwriter-Hall-of-Fame.jpg

One of Atlanta’s most imperative craftsmen is currently immortalized in the Songwriters Hall of Fame. On Thursday (June 14), Jermaine Dupri was formally drafted into the Hall of Fame, ending up just the second rapper ever to join the distinguished gathering.

This year’s occasion went down at the Marquis Hotel in New York City and included two of Dupri’s most frequent collaborators. Mariah Carey and Usher supported Dupri during the presentation.

“Everything began with a hit tune,” Dupri composed on Instagram. Carey posted a similar photograph on Twitter, praising JD and posting a portion of the tunes they dealt with together, for example, “We Belong Together,” “Nectar” and “Dependably Be My Baby.”

The night additionally incorporated an execution from Dupri, and a discourse from Usher who enlisted JD into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Recently, Dupri shared his fervor when he learned he would be drafted, composing on Instagram, “I can’t f*cking trust it!!! This what throughout the entire the evenings and early mornings is about.”

Alongside hits penned for Carey, a portion of Dupri’s greatest hits incorporate tunes performed by Usher like “U Got It Bad,” “You Make Me Wanna,” “Decent and Slow,” “My Way,” “Consume” and “Admissions Part II.”

[video=youtube;_r_wUqqWrR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r_wUqqWrR0[/video]

Jermaine Dupri Reveals The Warning Janet Jackson Gave Him During Their Relationship
by Jeroslyn Johnson • January 25, 2022 • Black Enterprise
84717a414d6613f084b10f26a889c0cff6dc11da.jpg

Jermaine Dupri recently appeared on Atlanta’s Majic 107.9 with Ryan Cameron and explained why men have to step it up when dating a rich and famous woman.

“You can’t really play with rich women. They can do whatever they want to do,” Dupri said. “You hang up on the phone with a rich woman and call her all kinds of names and she calls you all kinds of names. You think you hung up the phone and then the doorbell rings. You’re like ‘What? What’s going on? And that person be at your house.”

After Cameron joked about Jackson having “access to the G4’s and G5’s,” Dupri clarified how hard it is to play most women, but especially one with money and power.

“Access?” Dupri said. “They got a G4! You can’t play with rich women, man. You can’t do that…You can’t play with a poor woman, but you can’t play with a rich woman. Not them games.”

The So So Def creator explained how Jackson’s six famous older brothers helped shape how she stepped into her romantic relationships. Dupri recalled Jackson telling him, “Jermaine, I got six brothers.’”

When Cameron asked if that was Jackson’s way of warning Dupri not to play around on her, he clarified.

“Yeah, of course it was. One hundred percent it was a warning that ‘you won’t get away with anything because I’ve heard it all,'” Dupri said.

Dupri and Jackson dated from 2000 to 2008. Following their split, Jackson married billionaire Wissam Al Mana and welcomed her son, Eissa Al Mana. Jackson split from Wissam in December 2020.

“‘Like, there’s nothing you can tell me that I ain’t heard. So make sure you think about what you say before you say it, because I done heard it all,’ and I was like damn.…That’s a crazy statement. She got six famous brothers, not no little regular dudes…She’s heard every lie that a man could possibly tell,” Dupri told the host.

Back