Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kanye West To Produce Michael Album?

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Kanye West is not the albums producer. He may or may not produce one or more tracks, hopefully they won't ever make the album, or we'll be hearing Michael singing over his own voice. All these "artists", if you want to call them that, are not definite, it's all up in the air until we get some direct confirmation from Michael himself or we actually have the album in our hands.

The way I see it, each song Michael writes on his own will be brilliant. It's only when he brings in other co-writers that a song can become cluttered or has something taken away from it, too many cooks spoil the broth, so to speak. And when you're dealing with someone who is a musical genius, which Michael is, someone who isn't able to understand organized sound on that level isn't going to add to anything, they're going to limit it and hurt it in the end, because they can't get beyond their own limited contemplation. If Michael is going to have songs written by other artists, someone with his talent I feel should work with other people that are of similar caliber. The Bergman's, as a song writing team, are amazing, Barry and Robin Gibb, Stevie Wonder, etc... Songs written by those people would fit beautifully for Michael, because they're on or near the same level in terms of composing. Kanye West can't bring anything to Michael that will add to his project, unfortunately. Michael knows it too. But like with Mariah Carey, you have to stay hip, if later down the road, you want to create something born out entirely of your own creation, you have to still be there for people to listen, and that entails going with the flow so you don't get pushed out. It sucks, but that's the way it is. I look at songs individually, not at albums. If a song is great, then on its own, to me, it is a work of art and becomes invaluable. Over all album flow doesn't concern me too much, it's sort of important I suppose, but as long as each track is good or great, then it doesn't matter to me.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Red face

And when you're dealing with someone who is a musical genius, which Michael is, someone who isn't able to understand organized sound on that level isn't going to add to anything, they're going to limit it and hurt it in the end, because they can't get beyond their own limited contemplationVery well said wannabe!!

kanye west is good in hip hop tracks, i dont really believe that MJ will let him work over him, you know, but today sadly, kanye west is sooooo respected, yes he's is well, but not as much as "musical critics" say, i always loved Michael's own work cause is definitely his best, MJ is a GENIUS, the only thing that concerns me is that people's comun ear is not so usual to great and complicated in the good way sounds, you know, peolple today like simple songs, thas really sad, im not against beatiful good simple songs, but you know people sometimes are not engaged with the level of michael's ear and interpretative ways, he's so unic that sometimes people dont understand and today when the market is sooo big peaple just changed the cd in music stores to hear hilary duff or britney spears, or this rappers that are really buring me, but this is the aewful music INDUSTRY; COMMERTIAL STUFF SELLS MORE THAN GREAT MUSIC AND GREAT ARTISTS. God,F ! % K I N G idiots and ignorants critics dont always favor MJ, because their ears are mediocre. :banghead

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

MIchael is not going to please everyone no matter who he works with. [/b]
    Best comment i've read so far lol.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I'll be happy with whatever Michael does. Honest to God. I don't think it hurts though to comment on whether you think someone is any good or not. It doesn't mean that I'm mad at Michael for choosing whoever to work with, it's just me stating my opinion on what direction I would like him to take.

And vanesa, I agree with you. Simple melodies are good, it's when it gets to the point of simplicity where all you have is a repetitive, driving beat, which is maybe two or three bars, over and over, that it becomes absurd, when there's no melody, no rhythm, just one effeing beat over and over, and it drives you mad. Anyway, Michael can work with other people, it's his choice and his right to work with whoever he wants, I'm just saying that Michael's best work is always, always his own, the music he creates is genius, it sounds unlike anything else, and a lot of people would agree with me on this.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I'll be happy with whatever Michael does. Honest to God. I don't think it hurts though to comment on whether you think someone is any good or not. It doesn't mean that I'm mad at Michael for choosing whoever to work with, it's just me stating my opinion on what direction I would like him to take.

And vanesa, I agree with you. Simple melodies are good, it's when it gets to the point of simplicity where all you have is a repetitive, driving beat, which is maybe two or three bars, over and over, that it becomes absurd, when there's no melody, no rhythm, just one effeing beat over and over, and it drives you mad. Anyway, Michael can work with other people, it's his choice and his right to work with whoever he wants, I'm just saying that Michael's best work is always, always his own, the music he creates is genius, it sounds unlike anything else, and a lot of people would agree with me on this.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

And when you're dealing with someone who is a musical genius, which Michael is, someone who isn't able to understand organized sound on that level isn't going to add to anything, they're going to limit it and hurt it in the end, because they can't get beyond their own limited contemplationVery well said wannabe!!

kanye west is good in hip hop tracks, i dont really believe that MJ will let him work over him, you know, but today sadly, kanye west is sooooo respected, yes he's is well, but not as much as "musical critics" say, i always loved Michael's own work cause is definitely his best, MJ is a GENIUS, the only thing that concerns me is that people's comun ear is not so usual to great and complicated in the good way sounds, you know, peolple today like simple songs, thas really sad, im not against beatiful good simple songs, but you know people sometimes are not engaged with the level of michael's ear and interpretative ways, he's so unic that sometimes people dont understand and today when the market is sooo big peaple just changed the cd in music stores to hear hilary duff or britney spears, or this rappers that are really buring me, but this is the aewful music INDUSTRY; COMMERTIAL STUFF SELLS MORE THAN GREAT MUSIC AND GREAT ARTISTS. God,F ! % K I N G idiots and ignorants critics dont always favor MJ, because their ears are mediocre. :banghead[/b]
    sadly, this is reality. today's music has become so commercial that it has lost a lot of its great value. this is one reason why we keep hearing the same melodies abd beat over anf over again bec. this is what sells. the music indistry is a business and like all other businesses, they make music that sells. for as long as kanye west sells, we will continue to hear music of his kind--sampling of songs here and there. altho it takes some skill to be able to piece it together to create a harmony but still it is not creativity in my standard. it's like ur too lazy to get ur creative juices flowing so u rely on hits familiar with the listeners, add a few beats, then claim it ur own. i think something is wrong somewhere.

i am hoping that this is just a trend that will wear off soon so that we can hear once more music like it's supposed to
    in the world of pop music, there is Michael Jackson and there is everybody else". ...

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

kanye west is good in hip hop tracks, i dont really believe that MJ will let him work over him, you know, but today sadly, kanye west is sooooo respected, yes he's is well, but not as much as "musical critics" say, i always loved Michael's own work cause is definitely his best, MJ is a GENIUS, the only thing that concerns me is that people's comun ear is not so usual to great and complicated in the good way sounds, you know, peolple today like simple songs, thas really sad, im not against beatiful good simple songs, but you know people sometimes are not engaged with the level of michael's ear and interpretative ways, he's so unic that sometimes people dont understand and today when the market is sooo big peaple just changed the cd in music stores to hear hilary duff or britney spears, or this rappers that are really buring me, but this is the aewful music INDUSTRY; COMMERTIAL STUFF SELLS MORE THAN GREAT MUSIC AND GREAT ARTISTS. God,F ! % K I N G idiots and ignorants critics dont always favor MJ, because their ears are mediocre. :banghead[/b]
    sadly, this is reality. today's music has become so commercial that it has lost a lot of its great value. this is one reason why we keep hearing the same melodies abd beat over anf over again bec. this is what sells. the music indistry is a business and like all other businesses, they make music that sells. for as long as kanye west sells, we will continue to hear music of his kind--sampling of songs here and there. altho it takes some skill to be able to piece it together to create a harmony but still it is not creativity in my standard. it's like ur too lazy to get ur creative juices flowing so u rely on hits familiar with the listeners, add a few beats, then claim it ur own. i think something is wrong somewhere.

i am hoping that this is just a trend that will wear off soon so that we can hear once more music like it's supposed to
    in the world of pop music, there is Michael Jackson and there is everybody else". ...