Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Does MJ own his own catalog, 100%?

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Does MJ own his own catalog, 100%?

So Wikipedia is wrong now

Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC is one of the world's largest music publishing companies. The company was formed by the 1995 merger of the Sony Corporation of America's music publishing business with ATV Music, which Michael Jackson had purchased in 1985 for $47.5 million from Australian businessman Robert Holmes à Court. Sony and Jackson each hold 50%, although 25% of Jackson's share is currently pledged as collateral on a secured loan of over $200 million.[1]

Among Sony/ATV's most valuable holdings is the Northern Songs catalogue, consisting of 180 songs written by The Beatles (mostly by Lennon-McCartney).

In May 2007, Sony/ATV acquired the Famous Music publishing company from Viacom's Paramount Pictures for $400 million.

Somebody should change it.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway View Post
    So Wikipedia is wrong now

Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC is one of the world's largest music publishing companies. The company was formed by the 1995 merger of the Sony Corporation of America's music publishing business with ATV Music, which Michael Jackson had purchased in 1985 for $47.5 million from Australian businessman Robert Holmes à Court. Sony and Jackson each hold 50%, although 25% of Jackson's share is currently pledged as collateral on a secured loan of over $200 million.[1]

Among Sony/ATV's most valuable holdings is the Northern Songs catalogue, consisting of 180 songs written by The Beatles (mostly by Lennon-McCartney).

In May 2007, Sony/ATV acquired the Famous Music publishing company from Viacom's Paramount Pictures for $400 million.

Somebody should change it.
    They could have left out the 25% pledged. Sony also has 25% pledged as security on their loans which is the same as MJ. The loan was a business loan, not a personal one. Also to say that the beatles 180 songs are more valuable that the 600,000 songs on the catalogue is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If they were so valuable why didn't the beatles want them?
    Last edited by Datsymay; 06-05-2008 at 10:08 PM.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

So it is needed to be changed as well, it seems that only mj has loans

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway View Post
    So it is needed to be changed as well, it seems that only mj has loans
    That is what the media has been informing the public because they want MJ to look weak and incompetent. We heard Bandier praising MJ as a great asset to the company.
    The truth of the matter is that the loan was made equally by both sony and MJ. Both had their loans secured against the catalogue. Common sense tells me that this money could only have been to invest in the company, seeing that a purchase was made for a large amount of money the year when the loan was made. The media want you to think that MJ borrowed that large amount of money to spend privately, and sony signed off on it. That is absolute rubbish. Unfortunately, some fans have fallen for it.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

LOL! Who is keeping that 25% thing in there?! :lol:

"OK, first of all, I have this skin disorder that destroys the pigmentation of the skin. It's something that I cannot help. Okay? But when people make up stories that I don't wanna be what I am, it hurts me. It's a problem for me, okay? I can't control it. But let's reverse it. What about all the millions of people who sit out in the sun to become other than what they are?" -- Michael Jackson (1993)