Jermaine Jackson can't pay child support? Hmm

RubbaRubba

Proud Member
The King of Pop might be spending lavishly, but apparently some members of the royal family are barely making ends meet.

The wife of Jermaine Jackson, Michael's 52-year-old brother, claims that she is broke and not getting any help from her estranged hubby—circumstances are so dire, in fact, that she and her kids are still living with Jackson's mother, according to court documents filed Tuesday as part of their ongoing divorce proceedings.

To which Jackson has more or less declared: Don't look at me.

"I currently do not have any employment" and "I do not have any income from which to pay support," the third-oldest Jackson sibling states in a declaration included with the filing.

Jermaine and Alejandra Jackson tied the knot in March 1995 and split up in November 2004, although they continued to live together at his mother's home until earlier this year. They have two sons, Jaffar, 11, and Jermajesty, 6. The former Jackson 5 crooner has eight kids altogether.

Alejandra also has two teenage children from a previous relationship with Jackson's littlest bro, Randy—Genevieve, 17, and Randy Jr., 14. Also living with them until recently was 15-year-old Donte Williams, who was never legally adopted by the family but had been "financially, emotionally and physically" cared for by the Jacksons since he was two.

Jackson has been involved with girlfriend Halima Rashid for several years.

On a document included in the filing and obtained by extratv.com, Alejandra Jackson indicates that, since August, she has been making $15 per hour working as a personal assistant, she has no health insurance and she had to borrow $500 from her aunt to pay legal fees. She also lists her total assets from her partnership in a Colombian clothing design business as negative $198.

Her income is listed at an average of $81 a month, with no overtime, commissions or bonuses, or investments to boost that figure in any way.

"Occasionally and not consistently Mrs. Jackson will give me a couple hundred dollars for food or other expenses I need," Alejandra stated in court documents, referring to mother-in-law Katherine Jackson, 78. She doesn't get any child support from Jermaine, she says.

A number of overdue bills and expenses are listed in the documents, as well as a wish list that includes health insurance for the kids and tutoring for Jermajesty.

Once she and the kids move out of Katherine Jackson's home, Alejandra states, they will need, among other things, approximately $7,000 for rent (based on the going rate for a five-bedroom home), $2,500 for groceries and supplies, $1,800 for utilities and $1,000 for pet expenses.

Alejandra, who is also seeking sole custody, states in the filing that Jackson is responsible for $22,741 in debts and unpaid loans.

In his declaration opposing her requests, Jackson maintains that he continues to have "a healthy, happy relationship" with the children, and that his wife's motion for full custody, considering that they have successfully shared time with the kids so far, is "nothing more than a litigation tactic."

"I do not object to an appropriate level of child support," Jackson continues. "However, the reality is that [Alejandra] has knowingly misled this court into believing that I have income which I do not. I currently do not have any employment…

"Thus I find myself in a Catch-22 situation where while I need money, I also need to be very cognizant of what employment I do undertake so as not to degrade my market value and ability to obtain legitimate work in the future. Unfortunately (and sadly), this troubling situation is very common in the entertainment industry."

The "ABC" purveyor, who in April was reportedly in talks to team up with sister La Toya and brother Tito to serve as judges on a CBS show about the search for the next big band of brothers, says that he'd be more than happy to take over fulltime care of his minor-age sons so that Alejandra can go to work fulltime.

Thus I find myself in a Catch-22 situation where while I need money, I also need to be very cognizant of what employment I do undertake so as not to degrade my market value and ability to obtain legitimate work in the future. Unfortunately (and sadly), this troubling situation is very common in the entertainment industry."

The "ABC" purveyor, who in April was reportedly in talks to team up with sister La Toya and brother Tito to serve as judges on a CBS show about the search for the next big band of brothers, says that he'd be more than happy to take over fulltime care of his minor-age sons so that Alejandra can go to work fulltime.[/b]

LOL ok jerm. we never saw u coming out of the dorchester hotel in London and going off in a fancy car. not bad for someone with no money lol

It was the same story with both Hazel and Margaret. What did Alejandra expect? Has Jermaine had any employment during the last 10 years or so?

It was the same story with both Hazel and Margaret. What did Alejandra expect? Has Jermaine had any employment during the last 10 years or so?

Hmm, lol, nothing new, I suppose. Jermaine's just gonna have to go get a job, or ask Michael or Janet for some green backs, lol.

Hmm, lol, nothing new, I suppose. Jermaine's just gonna have to go get a job, or ask Michael or Janet for some green backs, lol.

Sorry, I can't get past the fact that she's been with Jermaine and Randy, and had kids by both of them. That's some nasty stuff. So what do the kids call each other? My "brother-cousin"? Did they even think about that before it happened? That doesn't help the Jackson image at all!

Sorry, I can't get past the fact that she's been with Jermaine and Randy, and had kids by both of them. That's some nasty stuff. So what do the kids call each other? My "brother-cousin"? Did they even think about that before it happened? That doesn't help the Jackson image at all!

Sorry, I can't get past the fact that she's been with Jermaine and Randy, and had kids by both of them. That's some nasty stuff. So what do the kids call each other? My "brother-cousin"? Did they even think about that before it happened? That doesn't help the Jackson image at all![/b]

That is messed up, having kids by two brothers. On top of that didn`t she have some type of domestic thing against Randy? Now she is going after Jermaine.

Sorry, I can't get past the fact that she's been with Jermaine and Randy, and had kids by both of them. That's some nasty stuff. So what do the kids call each other? My "brother-cousin"? Did they even think about that before it happened? That doesn't help the Jackson image at all![/b]

That is messed up, having kids by two brothers. On top of that didn`t she have some type of domestic thing against Randy? Now she is going after Jermaine.

I don't know what's nastier, going after your husband's brother or going after your brother's wife. It's pretty trailer trash either way.

I don't know what's nastier, going after your husband's brother or going after your brother's wife. It's pretty trailer trash either way.

==================
or the bahrainians. seemed from the other court docs they were giving him a heck of alot

==================
or the bahrainians. seemed from the other court docs they were giving him a heck of alot

I see why michael made "Monkey business" :rollin:
no but seriously that is nasty of one bro to date his bros-ex let alone have a kid with her. Like how do you go on after that what kind of relationship do yall have and that puts the family in an awkward position aswell. I can see why mike might have distanced himself at times.

In the good word of michael:

"If ya can't feed ya baby, then don't have a baby, and don't think maybe, if ya can't feed ya baby."

no but seriously that is nasty of one bro to date his bros-ex let alone have a kid with her. Like how do you go on after that what kind of relationship do yall have and that puts the family in an awkward position aswell. I can see why mike might have distanced himself at times.

"If ya can't feed ya baby, then don't have a baby, and don't think maybe, if ya can't feed ya baby."

==================
or the bahrainians. seemed from the other court docs they were giving him a heck of alot[/b]
and that's his problem he's getting to many hand out and not being a man and getting a job to support his own. He needs to MAN UP and take care of his kids. If there is no work in the music biz then you just might have to flip a few burgers until something comes along, but you just can't keep saying 'she knows that I don't have a job :blink: . Sooooooo WHAT! Man up and get one. Dude still living with his momma and ain't got no job. Now that's pathetic.

==================
or the bahrainians. seemed from the other court docs they were giving him a heck of alot[/b]
and that's his problem he's getting to many hand out and not being a man and getting a job to support his own. He needs to MAN UP and take care of his kids. If there is no work in the music biz then you just might have to flip a few burgers until something comes along, but you just can't keep saying 'she knows that I don't have a job :blink: . Sooooooo WHAT! Man up and get one. Dude still living with his momma and ain't got no job. Now that's pathetic.

"If ya can't feed ya baby, then don't have a baby, and don't think maybe, if ya can't feed ya baby."[/b]

Whoa!!! I heard that! Exactly,if you know you don`t have the income,stop bringing kids into the world and use a lame excuse about not being able to support them.

There is nothing wrong with taking a secular job a few celebrities had to in order to take care of their families.

"If ya can't feed ya baby, then don't have a baby, and don't think maybe, if ya can't feed ya baby."[/b]

Whoa!!! I heard that! Exactly,if you know you don`t have the income,stop bringing kids into the world and use a lame excuse about not being able to support them.

There is nothing wrong with taking a secular job a few celebrities had to in order to take care of their families.

Jermaine keeps it real and ain't gotta go for no gig. I ain't madd at Jermaine. if i could lounge and Grease my sides of my hair with Vo5 and be the family spokesperson and tell the Media of a Jackson 5 tour,album yearly and do my thing then what is the Problem?

Jermaine keeps it real and ain't gotta go for no gig. I ain't madd at Jermaine. if i could lounge and Grease my sides of my hair with Vo5 and be the family spokesperson and tell the Media of a Jackson 5 tour,album yearly and do my thing then what is the Problem?

Back