14th November News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
Hello there, people! How are you today? Are you already used to MJJC new features? I am still continue to find something new every day lol

So let's get into the business.... :D

Mentionings:

Galing Ng Pinoy: A FilAm on Comedy Central

Koy credits his mother for his comedic and acting talents. At an early age, he and his sister Rowena (a Las Vegas singer) were always encouraged by their mother to participate in school talent shows and impromptu performances in front of family and friends.

“My mom used to force us (my sister and I) to these school talent shows,” he reminisced. “She would get all into it. My sister and I did a Michael Jackson performance and my mom made the rhinestone gloves just like Michael Jackson.”

http://www.asianjournal.com/?c=124&a=24270

Their moody pop is starting to reverberate with critics

Thanks to a baby sitter in Baltimore, Tanton grew up surrounded by pop and rock music. First, it was Elvis Presley he heard around the house. Then it was Michael Jackson. "Then I got a guitar because I saw Nirvana on TV break their guitars and goof around, and it looked really fun," says Tanton, whose early infatuation with the Seattle grunge icons can be heard on the EP's saturnine final track, "There Goes a Man."

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/arti..._pop_is_starting_to_reverberate_with_critics/

Today in Entertainment History

In 1991, the Fox network debuted Michael Jackson's "Black Or White" video. Callers to network affiliates complained about the video's sexual nature and violent content. Jackson later said he didn't mean to offend anyone.

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - Michael Jackson's 11-minute "Black or White" video debuted on television.

1996 - Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe were married. It was reported that Rowe was six months pregnant at the time of the wedding. Rowe filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, on October 8, 1999.

awwwwwwwwww i missed the news and mentionings! Old traditions. Thanks!

on ABOUT.com there is an article mentioning the Ebony issue, and a poll you can vote on.. look at the result..even without my vote..

About Poll
Are you ready to welcome Michael Jackson back?
Yes, he is the true "King of Pop"
(1982)
87%
s21.gif

I'll listen to his new work without prejudice
(174)
7%
s22.gif

I would have a hard time overlooking recent hard years
(17)
0%
s23.gif

It's best for Michael Jackson to retire for good
(85)
3%
s24.gif

Total Votes: 2258

I have a question about the new layout style.. Are we able to edit our own thread titles after we open it?

on ABOUT.com there is an article mentioning the Ebony issue, and a poll you can vote on.. look at the result..even without my vote..

About Poll
Are you ready to welcome Michael Jackson back?
Yes, he is the true "King of Pop"
(1982)
87%
s21.gif

I'll listen to his new work without prejudice
(174)
7%
s22.gif

I would have a hard time overlooking recent hard years
(17)
0%
s23.gif

It's best for Michael Jackson to retire for good
(85)
3%
s24.gif

Total Votes: 2258

Great to read. No matter what, people are still feeling Mike. Mike is one of the world's last great entertainers and people are seeing that. And HEY RASTA! Missed ya!! :)

Not 100% sure but the edit button just allows you to change the text in the post so if you need a title change you can always ask the mods ;)

Not 100% sure but the edit button just allows you to change the text in the post so if you need a title change you can always ask the mods ;)

Love your siggy! ;)

Also, I love this MJ HISTORY thing. So cool to read. Love it!

Back