American Music Awards 2007

MJsPanda

Proud Member
Hey Guys!

I just thought I'd open a thread about the AMAs! I didn't put it in the General MJ Discussion, because more than likely he won't show. But you never know, Michael has been giving us a lot of surprises lately, so we'll see!

I do know Celine Dion, Beyonce & Chris Brown are supposed to appear on the show.

Does anyone know where the show is taking place? Los Angeles, New York?

It airs live Sunday the 18th at 8PM EST on ABC! :D

Well, if you do watch it, tell us everything! But this is what I got from the website:

Sun Nov 18 8/7cThe 35th annual American Music Awards, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, will be broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre L.A on Sunday, November 18 at 8pm ET/PT.

Mike's still there, so maybe ;)

Re: American Music Awards

There is an AMA Thread in the music section. This thread will be merged with that one.

It does seem a High Chance but i doubt he'll show

Maybe that's why Beyonce is making a special appearance! :lol: Y'all know how much Michael loves her! :lol: Not getting my hopes up though!!! I am taping it though because Celine Dion will be on :D

Well, they did show a small clip of Michael's '88 appearance with Eddie Murphy!! Hopefully next year Mike will be there in person!

But, all in all, I must say this show was pretty darn good, compared to other recent award shows! :D

yea, you'll slowly see more people who dissed him in the past kissing his ass! :lol:

Ok, here is my quick rundown -

Now, I decided to watch the program based on the artists/entertainers performing. This is what I think about them:

Alicia Keys - Who does not love this chick? She was great and I did not know she could dance. And was I the only one that enjoy the whole reegae performance? Loves it! I give in an A.

Chris Brown - Two years ago, I said on the MJJF board that this guy was going to have a career. I WAS RIGHT! HA! I call him the young Michael (yeah, I went there, so?) and if you saw his performance, you would understand why I said that. He did my song and I just loved the performance. I didn't pay attention to T-Pain. LOL! I give the performance a A.

Daughtry - I'M GOING HOME!!! Yeah, baby! This is the band of the year. I love the performance and I sang along. I give it an A.

Mary J - A! Period.

Will.i.am, Fergie, and Nicole S. - I was actually impressed by Fergie. I do not really pay attention to her,but I liked her performance. Will and Nicole were great. That song should be played on the radio. Will's dances moves was tight. I am not gonna lie, they were. A - B.

Jimmy Kimmel, Jordin Sparks, Souja Boy and Kellie Prickler - That was FUNNY! Kimmel, as usual, looked like a complete fool trying to dance to that mess of a song. I give the performance an D because I can't stand Kimmel and he was NOT funny last night. However, it was funny to see him dance like an idiot. BTW, I listened to that song for the first time today and that is the worst song of the year.

American Idols night!

What is so great about Beyonce? Do you guys (be honest) think she deserved the award she "recieved" last night? And it was great to see Usher!

really didnt like Beyonces duet with the country band singing her song Irreplaceable! didnt suit her voice at all!

good show to sleep to. i slept like a dream. felt so good and i snored like a bear. i clapped to the wackness.

Ok, here is my quick rundown -

Now, I decided to watch the program based on the artists/entertainers performing. This is what I think about them:

Alicia Keys - Who does not love this chick? She was great and I did not know she could dance. And was I the only one that enjoy the whole reegae performance? Loves it! I give in an A.

Chris Brown - Two years ago, I said on the MJJF board that this guy was going to have a career. I WAS RIGHT! HA! I call him the young Michael (yeah, I went there, so?) and if you saw his performance, you would understand why I said that. He did my song and I just loved the performance. I didn't pay attention to T-Pain. LOL! I give the performance a A.

Daughtry - I'M GOING HOME!!! Yeah, baby! This is the band of the year. I love the performance and I sang along. I give it an A.

Mary J - A! Period.

Will.i.am, Fergie, and Nicole S. - I was actually impressed by Fergie. I do not really pay attention to her,but I liked her performance. Will and Nicole were great. That song should be played on the radio. Will's dances moves was tight. I am not gonna lie, they were. A - B.

Jimmy Kimmel, Jordin Sparks, Souja Boy and Kellie Prickler - That was FUNNY! Kimmel, as usual, looked like a complete fool trying to dance to that mess of a song. I give the performance an D because I can't stand Kimmel and he was NOT funny last night. However, it was funny to see him dance like an idiot. BTW, I listened to that song for the first time today and that is the worst song of the year.

American Idols night!

What is so great about Beyonce? Do you guys (be honest) think she deserved the award she "recieved" last night? And it was great to see Usher!

LOL well for one thing I didn't see the award show because I knew it was going to be crap anyhow but honestly in no way or fashion B deserve that award.
Number one that award has been awarded to people like MJ of course, the bee gees and Led Zepplin, legends and people who are innovative. B is nothing but hype, a big overrated hype and she doesn't live up to it. She isn't doing anything innovative or groundbreaking that is making an impact on the music industry as a whole. She is not a legend or icon. She only released 2 albums by the time MJ won that award I'm pretty sure it wasn't by his second album thats to young anyhow even if she DID deserve it. She's the first female to receive the award!? You mean to tell me they could have not gave it to, Madonna, Janet, Tina Turner real icons who deserve it. What in the world is going on with these crap award shows they just giving awards to whoever they feel like. Its not base on talent its a popularity contest. I don't care yea she won the award but it has no meaning behind it. Grammies and all these awards now have no meaning anymore.

Back