Radio Debate - Is Michael Jackson the greatest pop star ever?

good luck bacon is soooo annoying. guess all the crack went to his head after the blue peter days guess its a slow news day. at least it will keep all the idiots away with it being on so late

It sounded really pathetic and biased against Michael when they briefly talked about it on the radio earlier, "Is Michael Jackson the greatest pop star ever? [laughter] We will prove exactly why he isn't." or something along those lines.

:huh: Oh really?

Hmmff, I'm not familiar with them...posted as an FYI...

so are they haters? Cause if so, I wanna delete the post...???

not surprising tscm. richard bacon is very tabloidy for the bbc. he got thrown out for taking crack and being exposed in the press. then came back as they all do. i only listen to him abit if im coming home late from work. most topics are pointless rubbish done to get a reaction and fill in time as no one listens at that time. well at least its on late. and gives me an excuse not to bother listening to him again.well less then the 2 minutes i have in the past lol

Re: Radio Debate

doesnt matter it gives ppl the chance to email in and support mj. where did u get the info from?

Who cares what they say this guy everyone dam knows Michael is and will be the greatest intertainer of all time. They make me laugh with there stupid idea,s i just don,t get these people they are making themselfs look like fools . :mad:

Last edited:
Well of course Mike is the greatest pop star ever! No one's ever done it better and no one ever will. That's my story and i'm sticking to it :lol:, to hell with these lame haters!

98% of all phone calls received and text messages read were in support of Michael Jackson and agreed that he is the greatest pop artist of all time.

Bacon seems crazy and didn't even try to keep it secret what his own view was on the topic, but he at least listened to everyone and at the end even he said he had a slight change of thought about Michael, for the better.

Also on the show was Rick Sky, who wrote a trashy book about Michael in the mid-1990's, and he tried to say that "Michael is a great singer, and a great dancer, but he just wasn't influential enough." :huh: Then Seany came on the phone, as did a few others to point out just how influential Michael really has been to all of the "great" artists of today. Rick changed his mind as to why exactly Michael wasn't the greatest pop star at least three times throughout it, each time after his previous theory was destroyed by callers.

A comedian was also at the show and agreed that Michael was without a doubt the best pop star ever.

So, despite the two people on the show, most everyone else was extremely supportive of Michael and explained many different reasons as to why he's the greatest living artist. :D

98% of all phone calls received and text messages read were in support of Michael Jackson and agreed that he is the greatest pop artist of all time.

Bacon seems crazy and didn't even try to keep it secret what his own view was on the topic, but he at least listened to everyone and at the end even he said he had a slight change of thought about Michael, for the better.

Also on the show was Rick Sky, who wrote a trashy book about Michael in the mid-1990's, and he tried to say that "Michael is a great singer, and a great dancer, but he just wasn't influential enough." :huh: Then Seany came on the phone, as did a few others to point out just how influential Michael really has been to all of the "great" artists of today. Rick changed his mind as to why exactly Michael wasn't the greatest pop star at least three times throughout it, each time after his previous theory was destroyed by callers.

A comedian was also at the show and agreed that Michael was without a doubt the best pop star ever.

So, despite the two people on the show, most everyone else was extremely supportive of Michael and explained many different reasons as to why he's the greatest living artist. :D

well,people have overwhelmingly stated the obvious. michael is, without a doubt, the greatest pop artist of all time. i still cannot understand how some people(and ia ma aglad there's just a few of them anyways!) seem to ignore that fact. yes, it is a fact. even non-michael fans acknowledge it. it is unthinkable why some choose to ignore the magnitude MJ has created in the music world. For that Rick Sky to say that MJ "just wasnt influential enough" is sheer stupidity and ignorance of the history of pop. either that ot he must have been living under a rock:lol:

Argggggg! Why was this info deleted? I wanted to listen to the broadcast. i don't care if people have an opposing opinion. I just wanted to hear the support and sounds like it was highly received as I anticipated. Can someone now share with us where we taht are interested can hear this at now?

Can anyone upload this for those that weren't able to listen to it at the time?

It was a bit stupid deleting the first post since this show gave the oppurtunity for MJ fans to stick up for Mike. If us fans don't find out about these things because of censorship like that on our board then how can we help make a difference and support Mike? In the future, please leave information like that here. We're not all babys here and some of us can handle it when people take a stab at us and Mike. Maybe a warning to those that can't handle other peoples opinions should be placed in the the title to avoid upsetting anyone, but please leave the content here.
The public need educating about the truth about Mike and the trial and radio shows like this potentially give us the fans on this board a sounding board for thousands of people to hear us. When else do we get that chance on that scale? I know the host was anti-MJ, but from what I read on another board, it seems as though the listeners were overwhelmingly positive, largely due to other Mj fan board members calling in. Imagine if their boards had censored them too? Then far fewer positive callers would have made it on to the show and it would have been much more negative as a result. See my point?

The issue is that the more these shows can spout cr@p without being countered, the more people will be inclined to believe what they say. After all, it is the public that ultimately decide how an artist is remembered and viewed. For example, Cliff Richard is the UKs most successful artist ever, yet people treat him as a bit of a joke and he's not given credit because the public don't know his achievements. The same has happened (is happening) with Mike. People are like sheep, they like to go with the majority and if they aren't properly informed, why shouldn't they believe that Michael Jackson is a perverted child predator that conducts voodoo rituals and wants to out huge laser-shooting statues of himself in the desert?
See my point? Therefore, we should all be given the opportunity to stand up for the man and say it how we see it. Without us fans his career and image would be far more tarnished than it is now. Mike would want us to support him and to just censor this stuff does nothing except help people's negative ish take hold in the public mind.
Thanks to those fans that were able to call in, the listeners of that show now have more information with which to form an opinion of Michael Jackson. That is priceless. Even the presenter himself (apparently) said he has got a better opinion of Mike. If that is really true, then maybe he'll be more positive in futuer, which will further improve Mike's image. If all the show did was to make people think first before accepting what they're told as truth then it had a positive outcome IMO.

The issue is that the more these shows can spout cr@p without being countered, the more people will be inclined to believe what they say. After all, it is the public that ultimately decide how an artist is remembered and viewed. For example, Cliff Richard is the UKs most successful artist ever, yet people treat him as a bit of a joke and he's not given credit because the public don't know his achievements. The same has happened (is happening) with Mike. People are like sheep, they like to go with the majority and if they aren't properly informed, why shouldn't they believe that Michael Jackson is a perverted child predator that conducts voodoo rituals and wants to out huge laser-shooting statues of himself in the desert?
See my point? Therefore, we should all be given the opportunity to stand up for the man and say it how we see it. Without us fans his career and image would be far more tarnished than it is now. Mike would want us to support him and to just censor this stuff does nothing except help people's negative ish take hold in the public mind.
Thanks to those fans that were able to call in, the listeners of that show now have more information with which to form an opinion of Michael Jackson. That is priceless. Even the presenter himself (apparently) said he has got a better opinion of Mike. If that is really true, then maybe he'll be more positive in futuer, which will further improve Mike's image. If all the show did was to make people think first before accepting what they're told as truth then it had a positive outcome IMO.

I agree with you on this. Its not that people have to go all over the place to defend Michael wherever, but I do think that people giving their opinion and informing others about whats true or not ( most people don\t have the interest to go and search for the truth when it coms to celebrities if they are not fans, so the lies kind of slip in there and thats what stay).
If I was listening to a program about someone, and I didn`t have a strong feeling for the artist, I would be inclined to listen more carefully if people called in speaking up to defend the person in a civil and well mannered way. Most people know there is more than one side to a story, but in Michaels case the one side of the media has been so overwhelming, that most people have a very strange perception of him, even if they are positive to him as an artist and like his music.
So anything that might get people to question their impression of him as a person, is in my opinion a good thing.
I have learned a lot about this side after joining MJJF, and I wish more people would get that oppportunity, because he has become more of a idol for me after this.
I keep thinking: if he can go through everything he has, and still be kind, still care about saying hi to the elevator man, being polite, and not become a bitter, angry man- growing wiser from his experiences- well , then this is someone I should learn from. Of course we don`t know what he does in private, but everything I have seen of him speaks about a man with a lot of integrity. And we need rolemodels like that. And we need people who dare to be different, because a lot of young people are bullyed, and treated badly for being different- while what we need in this world is people with creativity and willingness to think outside the box to solve a lot of problems in this world. The tabloid world is an grown up from of bullying, and people are accepting that, while telling kids that its not ok to make fun of others, or talk behind their back, treat others badly etc... And then we get realy surprised when school shootings, teenage suicides, kids being bullyed happen. Kids learn form what grown ups do, not what they say. Challenging people to think about this can only be good, I think.

i totally agree with bobmoo79. in fact i agree on all his posts. the deletion of the original post has robbed us a chance to defend mike. not that he needs defending as he has a lot in his employ to do that for him but it is true that people are easily swayed by public opinion. people tend to go with popular belief even if it is not always the truth. for the longest time MJ has been battling negative opinion. athina rivaldi and roxanne both do not give a sh*t about these opinions but don't u think it is high time that we, as MJ believers,take time to really show to the world, in concrete terms, how we see him-as a person, as an artist? some may argue that people have made up their minds about MJ but we can always turn the tide. we just have to do our part. a stone thrown in the lake creates ripples. imagine if there's a lot!

I agree I think they jumped the gun by deleting the post
the post was just access_ it wasnt someone here bad mouthing
Michael - It was making us aware so we could support MJ.

He's the KING OF POP for a reason...

He is not only the greatest pop star, he's the greatest entertainer that has ever lived.

The issue is that the more these shows can spout cr@p without being countered, the more people will be inclined to believe what they say. After all, it is the public that ultimately decide how an artist is remembered and viewed.

Well said and I totally agree with you. If we were all to stay quite then Michael would work harder in a colder world to accomplish and maintain what he has already attained. Hmmmm? Did that make any sense what I just said? LOL. With that being said I am finished with this subject. Anyone that knows where we can still hear this, please inform the rest of us who were unthinkably censored from locating the broadcast later yesterday evening. Thank you.

For those of you who want to listen it was uploaded by Em-Jay from MJNO:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f2b3bmjjffm

If you want to skip any of the tabloid garbage and absolute rubbish that Bacon and co talked in-between, the following fans who called in:

Patrick in Wembley : 0:10 onwards
Seany from Dublin : 7:37 onwards
Richard in Cardiff : 13:32 onwards
Judith in Edinburgh : 18:58 onwards
Navine In Fullham : 20:25 onwards
Martin Logan : 29:11 onwards
Philip in Ealing : 39:28 onwards

There are also numerous text messages mentioned throughout.

:ermm: :rolleyes: :8-25-03angel_not:

:spor: is a distraction.

I must have been bored...after re-thinking it, I wish I hadn't posted this.

Like the man himself says, "I don't pay attention to that…In my opinion, it's ignorance…It's usually not based on fact...People are crazy!"

Perhaps it’s time that we too “ignore the ignorance”.
Maybe that statement was as much a message for us, the fans, as it was to everybody else…?

Otherwise, like he says in Tabloid Junkie, we end up feeding, glorifying and sanctifying it.

He actually doesn’t need “defending” anymore. It’s wasted energy. He’s already been vindicated.

I for one, intend to “support” him in ignoring the nonsense from now on, i.e., support the positive, ignore the negativity & starve it to death!
:p

Anyone who can’t understand or at least see the truth about him by now, are “brainwashed” and/or ain’t really trying to, because the documented records/facts speak for themselves.

“Don’t waste your time on the past…it’s time WE look to the future” – MJ

A NEW era has begun y'all! :clap:

:ermm: :rolleyes: :8-25-03angel_not:

:spor: is a distraction.

I must have been bored...after re-thinking it, I wish I hadn't posted this.

Like the man himself says, "I don't pay attention to that…In my opinion, it's ignorance…It's usually not based on fact...People are crazy!"

Perhaps it’s time that we too “ignore the ignorance”.
Maybe that statement was as much a message for us, the fans, as it was to everybody else…?

Otherwise, like he says in Tabloid Junkie, we end up feeding, glorifying and sanctifying it.

He actually doesn’t need “defending” anymore. It’s wasted energy. He’s already been vindicated.

I for one, intend to “support” him in ignoring the nonsense from now on, i.e., support the positive, ignore the negativity & starve it to death!
:p

Anyone who can’t understand or at least see the truth about him by now, are “brainwashed” and/or ain’t really trying to, because the documented records/facts speak for themselves.

“Don’t waste your time on the past…it’s time WE look to the future” – MJ

A NEW era has begun y'all! :clap:
Too true:)

Back