21st November News and Mentionings

magic

Proud Member
Hello, dear people! :D I think today the most greater mentioning is Michael in a new Mary J. Blige’s video. Sorry I can't tell how does it sound like (don't have a sound at work lol) but you can watch and listen it in the link after mentioning (the latest article before Today In History).

Have a nice day, everyone :flowers:

Mentionings:

Everybody can take part in Sheldon's 'Poco Loco'

Becky Plewes, also in Grade 12, has been a part of Poco Loco since she started at Sheldon. This year she will be trying her hand at choreography, leading her group through a routine that will mix Michael Jackson and hip-hop, as well as a Pat Benatar song.

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderp....html?id=3df7ac38-0dab-4aac-b48c-c6842ccaf7b8

Chris Cornell brings diversity to Belly Up

In May, Cornell released his second solo album, “Carry On,” which reveals a continued process of diversification. “Safe and Sound” comes out of acoustic rock, while also featuring a horn section. “Scar on the Sky” shows the Beatles influence. Most unexpected is a downbeat cover of Michael Jackson’s dance hit “Billie Jean.”

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20071121/AE/71120040

New Music: Mary J. Blige & Michael Jackson - “Just Fine”

It’s official… Mary J. Blige’s upcoming album, Growing Pains, is dropping on Dec. 18. If you pre-order from iTunes below, you’ll instantly get the first single “Just Fine” and (on December 18) you’ll get the Digital Booklet along with a bonus track entitled “Mirror” featuring Eve.

“Just Fine” now sports a re-mix version that features Michael Jackson.

Disappointingly, it’s not a duet, it’s just video footage and material featuring MJ from over 20 years ago. What’s even more scary is the decades-old footage is so good, Blige becomes filler in her own video.

Pre-order Growing Painson iTunes

http://blogs.hiphoprnbsoul.com/2007/11/21/new-music-mary-j-blige-michael-jackson-just-fine/

To watch video click the link above

Today in
Michael Jackson History

2000 - "20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Michael Jackson" was released.

2002 - In Berlin, Michael Jackson accepted a lifetime Bambi entertainment award. He received the award for his philanthropic work on behalf of children.

2003 - In Santa Barbara, CA, Michael Jackson was booked on suspicion of child molestation. Jackson immediately posted the $3 million bail and then flew back to Las Vegas where he had been filming a video. He was given an arraignment date of January 9, 2004.

Interesting tidbit.... something he's never done before:

http://www.hiphop-elements.com/article/read/4/9468/1/

Akon's already had a hand in hits by Gwen Stefani and 50 Cent; now Michael Jackson has enlisted the collaborator du jour to sing, write, and produce on his next album. "It's incredible," Akon tells EW. "We're trying something he's never done before, and that's the challenge. There's not too much Michael Jackson hasn't covered. Just be ready for it." While there's no timeline yet, Akon says Jackson, who was rumored to be in talks with Starbucks' HEAR label, will self-release the album. "It's Mike, and he can. He don't really need a label to distribute."

I love the MJ influence in the song and Vid.

umm.. yes it is official.. It plays on BET and MTV all the time.. Maybe u have not seen the real one.. She's IN IT.. with an old school MJ outfit, and even grabs her crotch and does a little pumpin' lol!

umm.. yes it is official.. It plays on BET and MTV all the time.. Maybe u have not seen the real one.. She's IN IT.. with an old school MJ outfit, and even grabs her crotch and does a little pumpin' lol!
Thanks. Yeah. Too much of her part was a copy of Michael's to think a fan put it together. I loved the crotch grab. :lol:

It is good enough to make me wonder if I should get the album (I still have some free ones coming from my music club). I always get burned when I get anything other than MJ's stuff because I usually end up only liking one sone and not being able to stand to play the album. Has anyone heard the rest of the tracks on this? Are they as good as Just Fine? Are the rest as upbeat.

It takes A LOT for me to buy an album.. The last album I BOUGHT was Ultimate Collection.. :)

I only own people I concider legendary, and genius.

Michael Jackson
Stevie Wonder
Ray Charles

And a few more other 'greates'..

Mary's video is clearly inspired to Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough in that Michael's part. Mary also starts the song with Aaouwww ^_^

Can't wait for her new album!:cool:

maryj01ry7.jpg

maryj02zn6.jpg

maryj03gs1.jpg

maryj04du5.jpg

I saw that video a while ago; and its clearly influenced by Michael- and its great! I like Mary J. Blige a whole lot anyway, and this is a added bonus- and i love the feel of it!

Akon tells EW. "We're trying something he's never done before, and that's the challenge. There's not too much Michael Jackson hasn't covered. Just be ready for it." While there's no timeline yet, Akon says Jackson, who was rumored to be in talks with Starbucks' HEAR label, will self-release the album. "It's Mike, and he can. He don't really need a label to distribute."

Yep, YEP, and that's good news :D

Mary J's "official" video IS a clever tribute to Michael ;-)

A fan just inserted Michael's parts into Mary J's "official one to show what her video is based on. :p

From bookie to record mogul to big-screen gangster to Music Row exec, the strange but true life of Frank Dileo
by
Jack Silverman

http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/Cover_Story/2007/11/22/Hit_Man/

Frank Dileo was at his home in eastern Ohio, just outside of Pittsburgh, when he got the phone call that would have him blowing Joe Pesci’s Technicolor brains all over the big screen. It had been just two days earlier that he’d received another, far less heartening call. With the punch of a few buttons, he’d been sacked from the most coveted job in the music industry, a job he’d held for five years—that of Michael Jackson’s manager.

Click on the link for more!!

Thanks for the news.

Mary's song is hot. It really is.

The Frank Dielo article is very interesting toread. Frank finally mentions why MJ fired him. Very eerie when you really think about it.

Yes, I think it's eerie too. I was really happy to see Frankie D there to support Michael during the trial. It's good for Michael to have people like Frank on his side.

thanks for the news.i still wait for a new info about the album...

http://www.hiphop-elements.com/article/read/4/9468/1/

Akon's already had a hand in hits by Gwen Stefani and 50 Cent; now Michael Jackson has enlisted the collaborator du jour to sing, write, and produce on his next album. "It's incredible," Akon tells EW. "We're trying something he's never done before, and that's the challenge. There's not too much Michael Jackson hasn't covered. Just be ready for it." While there's no timeline yet, Akon says Jackson, who was rumored to be in talks with Starbucks' HEAR label, will self-release the album. "It's Mike, and he can. He don't really need a label to distribute."

Maybe it's JAZZ?? That would be AWESOME!! Him and his brothers doing an A-Capella, like Take Six!!

OMG i LOVE that Mary J song! The video is cute but the song is AWESOME! That girl is the best! She really is very underated, she is one of the greatest female entertainers out there for sure, and she loves our boy MJ! Horray!!!
I think that Michael should appear on the radio version of that song, like Mary J did with U2 with the song 'The One'. and Justin and Beyonce did with that Justin song recently. Mary and Michael, a musical match made in heaven!

Awww, nothing better than seeing our Michael being admired by yet another fantastic performer. Love Mary J. and how's she's bounced-back from all that pain. Thanks for the info. ^_^

Mary J. came out with this song at the perfect time. It's a song that grabs you the first time you hear it. I hope MJ buys her CD, pops it into the CD player, pumps up the volume on her new song and dances all around the room. It's very uplifting and I think she'd be happy if he absorbed these words.

Mary J. Blige - Just Fine (lyrics)

You know I love music
And every time I hear something hot
It makes me wanna move
It makes me wanna have fun
But it's something about this joint right here
This joint right here
It makes me wanna..Woooh

Let it go
Can't let this thing called love get away from you
Feel free right now, gon' do what you want to do
Can't let nobody take it away, from you, from me, from we
No time for moping around, are you kidding?
And no time for negative vibes, cause I'm winning
It's been a long week, I put in my hardest
Gonna live my life, feels so good to get it right

So I like what I see when I'm looking at me
When I'm walking past the mirror
No stress through the night, at a time in my life
Ain't worried about if you feel it
Got my head on straight, I got my mind right
I ain't gonna let you kill it
You see I wouldn't change my life, my life's just...

Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, whoooo
Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, whoooo
You see I wouldn't change my life, my life's just fine

Feels so good, when you're doing all the things that you want to do
Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new
Keep your head up high
In yourself, believe in you, believe in me
Having a really good time, I'm not complaining
And I'mma still wear a smile if it's raining
I got to enjoy myself regardless
I appreciate life, I'm so glad I got mine

Ain't worried about you and what you gonna do
I'm a lady so I must stay classy
Got to keep it hot, keep it together
If I want to get better
You see I won't change my life, my life's just fine

I ain't gon' let nothing get in my way
(I ain't gone let nobody bring me down, no, no, no)
No matter what nobody has to say
(No way, no way, no way)
I ain't gon' let nothing get in my way
No matter what nobody has to say

Feels so good when you're doing all the things that you want to do
Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new
It's a really good thing to say
That I won't change my life, my life's just fine

You see I won't change my life, my life's just fine

No stress through the night, at a time in my life
Ain't worried about if you feel it
Got my head on straight, I got my mind right
I ain't gonna let you kill it

You see I wouldn't change my life, my life's just fine

Mary J's song is right on time and very fitting.

In this issue of Ebony it says, "Michael Jackson has met the man in the mirror. And he likes him."

Last edited:
Back