November 27, 2007: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

L.J

Proud Member
G'day :)

MJ news for today still seems to be circulating around Jermaine's talks of a 2008 tour for the Jacksons.

"A proposed 2008 Jackson Five reunion tour "will involve" Michael Jackson, according to older brother Jermaine, who told BBC6 Music, “He has to be, he is a Jackson. He was at the meetings. Michael will be involved.” The Jackson bros. are currently recording new material as they finalize tour plans."

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...inger-found-dead-rivers-cuomo-posts-new-song/

Please tune in for more news as the day rolls on :)

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

David Gest has nothing nice to say about Liza... but here's what he had to say about Michael:

Gest grew up in southern California playing with Michael Jackson and the Jackson family.
At 17 he became a record company publicist and went on to establish his own public relations and management company, and has produced several large scale events and concerts.
Gest said the former prince of pop is still his best friend.
"My childhood in many ways was incredible because of my relationship with the Jacksons," he said.
"La Toya was my girlfriend, we went together for about a year, and Michael and Tito are still my best friends.
"I love Michael Jackson, he's my brother, and he's the most talented singer in the world."
Gest, who produced Jackson's 30th anniversary television special, said Jackson also struggled because of the public perception of him.
"He really wants to make a great record," Gest said.
"It's really hard after you've been through what he has to just come right back and go, everything's fine.
"It isn't fine, it's hard.
"But I think he's going to make a great album."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/people/spiders-snakes-crocs-try-liza/2007/11/26/1196036794552.html

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1991 - Michael Jackson performed on ABC-TV's "MTV 10."

Hi L.J :)

Thanks for the news today.
As for the J5 2008 Tour, I read that Jermaine has confirmed this(?), complete with Michael.
Another article states that Leonard Rowe (concert promoter) will be handling it.
I also read that Rowe is the same person behind R.Kelly's Double-Up Tour. How bout that?

Wouldnt it be grand for those of us who were not fortunate enough to be at a J5 or MJ concert,
back in the day, to get the opportunity this time around?

Still. I take the wait and see position.:)

Hey Sil I think that would be awesome!!

and if they did tour ... damnit they better film it!!! for the rest who can't make it to a tour :D

G'day :)

MJ news for today still seems to be circulating around Jermaine's talks of a 2008 tour for the Jacksons.

"A proposed 2008 Jackson Five reunion tour "will involve" Michael Jackson, according to older brother Jermaine, who told BBC6 Music, “He has to be, he is a Jackson. He was at the meetings. Michael will be involved.” The Jackson bros. are currently recording new material as they finalize tour plans."

I am not meaning to sound negative, because this tour woulld be a dream come true for many fans. However Jermaine has been known to talk out his a$$, in regards to Jackson Reunion Tours including Mike in the past. The media is running with it this time without confirmation and the reports I have seen are positive. I just hope true, because the media could be setting Michael up for a backlash if untrue. That's why we fans should not get too excited until we have confirmation from Michael's camp... not a possible just hopeful sibling maybe wishing to corner Mike into an obligatory position even if accidently.

its nothing jermaine hasnt been saying for the past 15 years. imo its done to put pressure on mj to do something when the fact is hes recording his own album and was never in those meetings according to bain.the story comes round every 6 months just like after he was in celeb BB and bain denied the talk at the time if i remember right. guess jerm needs the $ for child support

Correct me if i'm wrong but if Jermaine said that there is going to be a possbile J5 tour with MJ for the last decade and a half and then confirms this rumour for the first time sounds like it could be true but i'm still gonna wait for possible confromation

sounds promising from what I heard in the audio, michael meeting with his brothers and the fam and all that. It would be really something to see!! Cant wait for next year!

I am not meaning to sound negative, because this tour woulld be a dream come true for many fans. However Jermaine has been known to talk out his a$$, in regards to Jackson Reunion Tours including Mike in the past. The media is running with it this time without confirmation and the reports I have seen are positive. I just hope true, because the media could be setting Michael up for a backlash if untrue. That's why we fans should not get too excited until we have confirmation from Michael's camp... not a possible just hopeful sibling maybe wishing to corner Mike into an obligatory position even if accidently.

I would love to see a tour happen too. But I have to agree with this. The media run wild with these unconfirmed stories and get folks all excited. Then Michael gets ripped apart for their blunder if nothing happens. This reminds me a little of the crap they pulled in response to the WMA's last year. These people either need to get their facts straight or just clam up period. Nevertheless, I hope if Jermaine really did say anything, he made sure there was something concrete on the table before he started talking. Because it won't bode well especially for Michael if this turns out not to be true.

Last edited:
Ms. Baine denied the tour.. Why does it come up so much..

I think Jermaine says things sometimes to get talk. That is part of the reason why he's the most supportive Jackson. As in he's like there spokesman.

"He was at the meetings" lol! the way that sounds is funny. what is it, a 'J.A' meeting. 'Jackson Annonimous'

I think Jermaine says things sometimes to get talk. That is part of the reason why he's the most supportive Jackson. As in he's like there spokesman.

"He was at the meetings" lol! the way that sounds is funny. what is it, a 'J.A' meeting. 'Jackson Annonimous'

:lol::lol:

any1 seen that article about slight comebacks? they had MJs pic dead in the center of it, I didnt bother reading the article cos its bound to be some negative bull

Right. It could be like Rasta said yesterday.... putting it out there to create buzz and buzz they certainly do have. But I hope that MJ was on board all along because I wouldn't want for him to have been pressured into anything....

I looked at it eventually lol, and it was kinda pathetic cos they didnt really say anything new, just 1 small paragraph saying he is giving it a go and tht he is unlikely to have the success he had in his hey day... and that acome back album is due next year.. so why are they even writing about it? and wow like we never heard that one before :lol:
on the other day, I finding that people in my class still appreciate his music, one girl (who i didnt even think was a fan) said that he makes fantastic music! :)

Hi L.J :)

Thanks for the news today.
As for the J5 2008 Tour, I read that Jermaine has confirmed this(?), complete with Michael.
Another article states that Leonard Rowe (concert promoter) will be handling it.
I also read that Rowe is the same person behind R.Kelly's Double-Up Tour. How bout that?

Wouldnt it be grand for those of us who were not fortunate enough to be at a J5 or MJ concert,
back in the day, to get the opportunity this time around?

Still. I take the wait and see position.:)

Thanks for the news.

Bolded part - interesting because I wanna know if this is the same Leonard Rowe that was in the Purple Rain movie and he played Billy the Kid, the guy that ran that club that Prince would play his music. Do anyone know? The reason why I am asking is because the man who played Billy the Kid in Purple Rain is, I believe, the promoter to that R. Kelly Double Up tour.

I do not remember Ms. Bain denying anything regarding the tour. She just basically said that MJ never met the concert promoter, Rowe.

i'll believe the tour and recordings upon seeing and hearing. Jermaine is paid to announce this tour and album every year or so it seems. thanks for the news,but if any other Brother was saying it then I'd say it might carry some weight but poor Jermaine.

Something popped into my mind about this tour and maybe just maybe I got it figured out. ;)

Remember what Ebony said about them having Michael appear on the Jet magazine in the middle of December and they said they would have breaking news about something? Well I think all this stuff about the tour could be the breaking news that they might put on there. It's just my opinion as to what it could contain in the Jet Magazine. ;)

Something popped into my mind about this tour and maybe just maybe I got it figured out. ;)

Remember what Ebony said about them having Michael appear on the Jet magazine in the middle of December and they said they would have breaking news about something? Well I think all this stuff about the tour could be the breaking news that they might put on there. It's just my opinion as to what it could contain in the Jet Magazine. ;)

Almost forgot about the JET thing!

I,m hoping its true but will wait to see what happens . I did see it on the insider tonight and sounded real possitive . Still i don,t want to get all excited to be let down. I think there is a possiblity thats for sure .:unsure:

nobody knows what Michael will do,just him...i'm very excited about the album,the tour ...will see...

i'll believe the tour and recordings upon seeing and hearing. Jermaine is paid to announce this tour and album every year or so it seems. thanks for the news,but if any other Brother was saying it then I'd say it might carry some weight but poor Jermaine.

Jermaine is paid to make these announcements? Is there any proof to that or are you just posting things just to post things?

Back