Madonna In The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame!

Travis

Proud Member
Madonna, John Mellencamp, Leonard Cohen Lead 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

17618332-17618335-slarge.jpg

Madonna and John Mellencamp will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year, alongside Leonard Cohen, the Ventures and the Dave Clark Five. Philly Soul songwriter/producer team Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff will be presented the Ahmet Ertegun Award (previously known as the non-performer category) and blues harmonica player Little Walter will be inducted in the sideman category.

This is Madonna's first year of eligibility; her debut single, "Everybody," was released twenty-five years ago in 1982. The induction ceremony will take place on March 10th, 2008 at New York's Waldorf Astoria.

Among the artists who were nominated this year but did not get in are the Beastie Boys (who were eligible for the first time) and Donna Summer.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/st...ead_2008_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_inductees

Donna Summer's can't get in but Madonna is in? Damn!! Chic should have goten put in IMO.

Madonna deserves it. John Mellencamp I guess. Cohen I give you that.

Donna Summer's can't get in but Madonna is in? Damn!! Chic should have goten put in IMO.

Donna should have gotten in before Madonna imo. Not saying that Mad doesn't deserve it, but how you gonna do one and not the other. Donna was a big influence on Madonna (just realized both these chicks are named "donna.)

but, though I'm not a fan of Madge, congrats.

I love Madonna. And I'm glad she made it in there. But Donna Summer should have made it too. I'm surprised that she didn't.

One of M's most beloved idols is David Bowie [whom she inducted], so I wouldn't be surprised to see him return the favor.

David Bowie rocks :yes:

congrats to Madge, i'd have like to see Donna get in too :yes:

Hopefully next time ^_^

why do they call it the rock and roll hall of fame. is any artist whos in it who actually performs rock and roll lol

Back