Your Thoughts on MJJ Records

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
were you a hardcore collector of all the releases on MJJ records and when you saw the Logo you knew it was a MJJ release. I had the free willy soundtracks, 3t, brownstone, men of vizion, the Project with wade Robinson, Rebbie Jackson as well.

Re: your thoughts on MJJ Records

Oddly enough, no. I guess I wasn't into buying CDs at the time. I wished he did more with the label. I love the stuff from Brownstone though. Classic '90s! :wub:

I wish I had all those! Michael knows talent when he sees /hears it!

The label never really came to fruitation. That's a shame since Michael such an influence on so many artists. Would have been great if he really could have had more artists on it and expanded. But loved Brownstone.

I bought some of the 3T singles. 3T were huge in the UK and the rest of Europe, and Brownstone were fairly successful as well.

The only person I really rated on the MJJ record label was Tatiana Ali. But she never really came to anything. As benscar said, 3T were pretty big over here for a couple of years, I think I brought a couple of their singles.
What happened to the label?

not interested. I am not buying logo, I buy music that I am interested in :p

I have Free Willy's cassete. I bought it when I was a teenager long time ago lol I also have bought 3T. But not cause it was released under MJJProdactions. I agree about not buying stuff cause of logo but cause I like stuff I buy. I am not buying that much music anyway ^_^

I have the Brownstone cd. Still listen to it. Those girls could blow.

I always found it cool when non Michael things would have an MJ attatchment to it. Like MJJPRODUCTIONS MJJ RECORDS etc.

I really like the label and the artist. I have Brownstones, Tatyana and 3t cds to this day. :lol:

i bought brownstones men of vision and 3ts albums. great music espeically brownstones

The only person I really rated on the MJJ record label was Tatiana Ali. But she never really came to anything. As benscar said, 3T were pretty big over here for a couple of years, I think I brought a couple of their singles.
What happened to the label?

I think Michael started a new company last year and got rid of that one. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

thats mjj productions.he replaced it this year with the mj company

mjj music was part of sony so went down the drain when mj fell out with them

Brownstone

I bought the Brownstone albums, but not because of the label. It was because I liked the group's songs. I didn't know what label they were on until I bought their 1st maxi single Pass The Lovin'. Wasn't aware Mike had a label until I opened the record and saw the logo. I have Rebbie's album too.

3T and Brownstone were great, I really liked both of those groups they had soul. I didn't realise Tatyana Ali was on the label, I think my mum used to have that album as well, I had a crush on Tatyana back in the day, because of Fresh Prince

This sort of way before my time. the only person i only knew was MJ. :laughing: i just found half this stuff out last year and this year.

thats mjj productions.he replaced it this year with the mj company

mjj music was part of sony so went down the drain when mj fell out with them
Damn.... the fact that you spoke present tense of him just made me get emotional (even tho it's a post over 10yrs ago)

Wasn't Tatyana Ali highly underrated? I bought "Kiss the sky" back then, still love it... nice songs and wonderful voice. Maybe she was belittled because of "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". I think she could have reached a lot more as a music star.

Is she the one who played Ashely? if so she has a beautiful singing voice. i agree she should of also tried to sing more.

Back