Britney's 16 Yr Old Sis Confirms Preg.

Soso Deaf

Proud Member
Jamie Lynn Spears, 16, has confirmed to OK! Magazine that she is pregnant. Oh. My. God.

A source tells us the interview, which hits stands tomorrow, is six pages and is on the record with Jamie Lynn and her mother. She tells the mag that the father is Casey Aldridge, who she has been dating for some time and first met at church. Brit's younger sister, star of Nick's "Zoey 101," says she's keeping the baby.

Sources tell us that she has not yet told her older sister. Well, she knows now.

http://www.tmz.com/

Is that true? Well... I wish her nothing but the best. I hope the babies healthy etc.

Off topic, but I hope you don't mind me asking are you pregnant too *i see alot of those siggies around* if you are the congratulations^_^

Now we know her papa didn't preach to her, girlfriend is in love with him and she's going to keep her baby.

This is pathetic.

She is a role model to young girls who watch her show and she had unprotected sex with her boyfriend and end up a teen mother. This is really bad. Now, there are reports that her and Britney's mother, Lynne, was planning on writing a parenting book. LOL. Man, this is so tragic. Britney, is a hot mess and the younger sister is following in her footsteps.

Teen pregnacy is never a good thing. Nickoledoen should fire her and cancel the show.

I love Zoey 101 :p ... it shocked me a lot though because Jamie Lynn is really young to be pregnant. I can't imagine how that would feel at 16. I'm not naive enough to think that sooome ppl aren't having sex at that age, but it's still sad.

She does have enough support and money in her life to raise a kid (or have someone else raise her kid), but because of that.. I hope the easiness of it for Jamie doesn't send a message to other teenagers that there aren't consequences.

I know no teenager is going to outright think, "hey Jamie Lynn did it- so can I" but I do think it sends more of a message that this is semi- acceptable behavior for someone her age :/ .

Unfortunately losts of girl her age are having unprotected sex. She was one of the ones who "got caught". The reality is there are children having sex at the age of 11. We as parents can talk to our kids about such issues til the cows come home.. but once those hormones start ragin'.. lord have mercy.. I hope Jamie Lynn as a healthy baby and I wish her the best.

Last edited:
wow...so what's the message supposed to be for girls who did get preg? we're throwing u away along w/ all your hopes and dreams b/c obviously your life is over.

please, if any parent allows any entertainer or athlete to be their child's role model, then they're the ones at fault. u shouldn't look up to anyone but yourself b/c u and only u can prevent letting yourself down.

fire her and cancel the show for what? it's not gonna stop teen sex and neither will educating them about it. it's an epidemic for a reason.

Well getting pregnant at teen age to me has a lot to do with self esteem.

You have to be confident about yourself that way that you're worth to be loved without being extrasomething... if it's extra smart, extra stupid, extra talented, extra beautiful (and we're usually only talking about outside beauty here)... you have to be loved just for who you are. Many parents fail to give that feeling and that confidence to their children.
Whatever the reasons are... many parents do not really have a fair chance to give that to their children cuz they have to work in three jobs nowadays. Many parents are missing exactly that self esteem also.
Many parents still are not able to teach their children the simple way of how to protect themselves from becoming parents if they do not want.
You'll just not give yourself away too easy if you're able to feel self esteem and self confidence and know you're worth to be loved and have faith in yourself and life. To protect yourself from getting pregnant if you do not want even when you decide to have sex is nothing you have to be extra intelligent for. It's just an expression of how to deal with responsiblity for your very own self. That way at least you can still direct your own life a bit.
There's nothing wrong with waiting till you're really ready and having faith in that who really loves you will wait also.

It's still about adults in this world being authentic role models. How they deal with responsibility towards themselves and towards others. How they do love etc.
Many kids do lose faith in their parents early these days. Lots of reasons.

That's probably also what happened in the Spears family... if you can still talk of one. Well I'm carefull with my judgement in this case as I'm fed only by media and do watch the rest only from very far.
However I guess Jamie L. probably thought if she wants a family, she has to start her own better. Hope that's not too much to her, cuz she is pretty young and it was already too much for her older sister before.
Still there are young ladies in her situation who do get their lifes and that of their babies on track pretty well.

that doesn't surprise me. Children are getting grown up too fast these years and there's more teen mothers around. They want to be grown up too fast or they are so childish they don't think about important things. Well what they did it's their problem now. Have a brain and think about yourself and your future, geez:rolleyes:

I'm 13 and teenagers becoming pregnant REALLY REALLY bother me....yuck...

Forget about the pregnancy thing...i think people shouldn't even have sex outside marriage. Some say that's old fashioned but that's how i was raised.

Last edited:
She's same age as me! :eek:
I can't say that things are doing very well in Spears' family.. :(
All the best for all of them.

u hope the dad marries HER? shouldn't it be the other way around?

yes, that's the way to cure all the issues and problems....let two teens, who are obviously breaking up every other day, get married....problem solved.

yes, that's the way to cure all the issues and problems....let two teens, who are obviously breaking up every other day, get married....problem solved.
What's up chile? Haven't seen u in a day and a quarter! How's the bun in your oven doing? :D

The thing with this whole Jamie Spears thing is that the media is reporting on this as if it is earth shattering news. As if she is the only teenager in the world to have sex, get pregnant and decide to keep her baby...

If only the media could see fit to report on the CIA plane crashing with a ton of cocaine on it and what the hell is the CIA doing with a ton of coke on its plane or stories like that, we all might have our priorities straight here.

What's up chile? Haven't seen u in a day and a quarter! How's the bun in your oven doing? :D

The thing with this whole Jamie Spears thing is that the media is reporting on this as if it is earth shattering news. As if she is the only teenager in the world to have sex, get pregnant and decide to keep her baby...

If only the media could see fit to report on the CIA plane crashing with a ton of cocaine on it and what the hell is the CIA doing with a ton of coke on its plane or stories like that, we all might have our priorities straight here.
right,right CIA pulling a Frank Lucas in 2007 and bringing back Soliders in Body bags in a Never ending war. you nailed it and if JLS was 16 black and working front counter at Mcdonalds would we be hearing half as much?? I doubt it.

right,right CIA pulling a Frank Lucas in 2007 and bringing back Soliders in Body bags in a Never ending war. you nailed it and if JLS was 16 black and working front counter at Mcdonalds would we be hearing half as much?? I doubt it.
What was getting to me was these 'news' reports -- one done on a major network nightly news program, on what to tell your young'ums about JLS's teenaged pregnancy....

I was like WTF? Come on now! Having counselors and psychologists on as if this was a 9/11 like event? Good grief....:rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

Yep I hope he marries her and then they both disappear from the media radar it's beyond sad, ridiculous and doesn't merit nightly news coverage.

People need to layoff Jamie Lynn! Sure she's on tv and SHOULD be a role model but she's also a kid! And young people make mistakes!! That's why we call them children in the first place! The news media and people are acting like this is the worst thing in the world.

Jamie Lynn isn't the first or last teen to get pregnant. I work in social work/child welfare and this happens ALL the time. I mean people have no idea!! I have a 12 year old on my case load that is pregant! Kids don't think about the future or protection. Just because Jamie Lynn is "famous" doesn't make her any different than any of these other kids. The fact that she can afford the proper protection with no problem or the fact that she is a so called "role model" doesn't make her exempt from bad choices.

Just be glad she has the resources to care for the child, a family that supports her AND a boyfriend that is by her side. So many girls and women have to do it alone because the fathers are cowards. Those kids made a mistake and are stepping up to take responsiblity. Why can't ppl give them any credit for that? I think she's someone who obviously didn't have the best role models in her mom and big sister and is probably doing the best she can right now. I wish her luck and I think she'll be fine.

Last edited:
People need to layoff Jamie Lynn! Sure she's on tv and SHOULD be a role model but she's also a kid! And young people make mistakes!! That's why we call them children in the first place! The news media and people are acting like this is the worst thing in the world.

Jamie Lynn isn't the first or last teen to get pregnant. I work in social work/child welfare and this happens ALL the time. I mean people have no idea!! I have a 12 year old on my case load that is pregant! Kids don't think about the future or protection. Just because Jamie Lynn is "famous" doesn't make her any different than any of these other kids. The fact that she can afford the proper protection with no problem or the fact that she is a so called "role model" doesn't make her exempt from bad choices.

Just be glad she has the resources to care for the child, a family that supports her AND a boyfriend that is by her side. So many girls and women have to do it alone because the fathers are cowards. Those kids made a mistake and are stepping up to take responsiblity. Why can't ppl give them any credit for that? I think she's someone who obviously didn't have the best role models in her mom and big sister and is probably doing the best she can right now. I wish her luck and I think she'll be fine.

I understand what your saying, but as a young superstar and a role model you really should be careful on how you put yourself out there, she has alot of young girls looking up to her. She's just a baby herself and I feel for any female under the age of 18 becoming a mother so quickly when you have your whole life ahead to think about having kids, she should have done a smart thing and protected herself or not have sex at all. But it's her life.

I've heard some of her "fans" talk about the issue and they weren't to thrilled.

Last edited:
the parenting book was put on hold.

marrying each other doesn't make the situation better

and the bun is giving me massive heartburn....mello, i can ship him to chicago in about four months...u want him?! lol

she Is???
In what way ??

need i say all the misbehaving britney has done? jamie shld have learned from her big sister but did she? obviously not.

now,how can jamie handle her teen pregnancy well when she obviously cannot handle her life responsibly? does having a baby at 16 speaks well of her?

and, i must say that i don't like the way media is sensationalizing her prenancy. she is seen as a role model. she's seen in nickelodeon and zoey 101 where a lot of teeners watch her. this media attention might send the wrong signal for young girls that it's ok to have sex and be pregnant at 16 and to a mom like me this is alarming

People need to layoff Jamie Lynn! Sure she's on tv and SHOULD be a role model but she's also a kid!

exactly! this is what makes it disturbing. how can you expect her to take care of a young life when she cannot even handle her own well? figure it out

u think having resources is enough? the boyfriend may be by her side but for how long? what matters here is her emotional maturity to be a parent. again, i ask. how can she be a responsible parent when she is still a child herself?

Back