Liberian Girl Appreciation...

LindaC781

Proud Member
Wow!! This is the first time I saw this video....yep, I am always a day late and a dollar short....good song and great video!! Love seeing all of those celebrities!!

I looooove this song, My favorite part is the ad libs: "I LOVE YOU BABY, I LOVE YOU, I WANT YOU.. OOOOOh!"
Beautiful song and its been covered so many times.

The video is kinda cool, but the song sucks IMO. I hate the rhyming scheme. Girl, world. It's just so icky.

Last edited:
I LOVE it...it's the only Michael Jackson song i can ever belly dance to! :lol:

What yr was the music video made in?? I remember seeing it first in 1994 on the History video, but looks much older like around 1989 or something...

One of the first times I watched it it was with a friend who was able to name all the stars. They are into that kind of thing and I could tell they really got a kick out of it. Generally I don't know anyone myself. I thought Michael was adorable in it.:p

The song is amazing. Michael's voice is sickeningly good on it and it has great melody. I happen to think they lyrcial content is good.

The video is alright. Its cute when Michael comes in at the end. He could have done more with the video, obviously, but not every video can be as big budget as "Smooth Criminal" or "Bad" I guess, lol.

I remember where I was the first time I heard LG. I was in the music store and the owner, a couple of guys and I were listening to the new tracks. When LG started, we all looked at each other nodded. We loved the beat, the melody and Michael's voice. The owner said "another #1 hit!"

I also remember how the local papers were keep tracking of the release of the album and there was talk about a song called Librarian Girl and I was thinking "now why on God's good earth would Michael call a song Librarian Girl?"

Anyhoo, I love the song! The video was cute. It had an interesting concept.

Horrible video, but great song! I especially love the ending. Michael's vocals are just out of this world!

Last edited:
I'm obsessed with this song :wub: I love how at the end he gets stronger and is like "ALL THE TIME.. ALL OF THE TIME" :eek::wub:

Last edited:
I LOVE the song and I think the video is cute. Liberian Girl :wub:

the song is amazing, but I am not so found of the video...... its too bad Michael didn't star in the video but only the end :/

I love you Liberian Giiiiiiiirl (All The Time)
I love you Liberian Giiiiiiiirl (All The Time)

I just love that part! Great song. Too bad the video sucks tho lol.

My friend loves the song I couldnt understand why so I started listening to it more and now I love it. The video is awful though
I like this part
I wait for the day,
When you have to say
I do,
And Ill smile and say it too,
And forever well be true
I love you, liberian girl,
All the time

Except I thought he said "let every word be true"

I adore the song. It's one of the most unique love songs I've ever heard. I've never heard anything sound quite like it. It seems very mystical and Michael's vocals are top notch as always. The video is ok, its not one I go back and watch a lot. I think the video could have reflected the exotic nature of the song.

I think the video could have reflected the exotic nature of the song.

Haha, there was a fan-made video on youtube where the In the Closet video was set to Liberian Girl. Now that one really did seem to fit the 'exotic nature of the song' - especially since we're talking about 'Liberian Girls' here.

Liberian Girl. Another smooth and romantic even song by the KOP.
Quincy said it besr on referring to the concept of the song....
Michaels' thinking is always out the box!
A+

It's a lovely song! :wub: I adore it! Michael's vocals are amazing as always. Smooth and sexy, romantic and lovely. :wub:

Only he can make a mediocre song great (with his interpretation, ad-libs, emotions, passion, etc)!

Back