Will Prince and Michael ever work together?

Catherine..

Proud Member
Now they are older, and the feud has passed. (Not so much in the fan bases ehem ehem)

flyer-c.jpg

Do you think they would ever actually do something publicly together?
They appreciate each others work and talent, and I think its only right they do something together. Can you imagine?
If they did, what do you think it would be like?
A slow song? Fast? Funky? Love song? Something else?
The possibilities...

I don't think so. I'd love them to but i'm not holding my breath lol. I heard somewhere that MJ approached Prince with doing 'Bad' together and Prince was DEFINITELY like 'uhh...NO' after hearing the song :lol:

I think they're just wayyyy different artists...like POLAR opposites lol. The only similarity to me is that they both sing in falsetto and are skinny with a perm :lol:

But i love both to death and it would be PHENOMENAL if it happens.

Prince makes me laugh, idk why.. He was on american idol a few years ago, his performance was cool but I thought it was extremly rude as soon as ryan seacrest walked to shake his hand or say something Prince got Off the stage really quick, avoiding him or something..

But I think they could be AWESOME if they did do something together..

Pff, Prince didn't want to do "Bad" with Michael cause he knew he woulda gotten creamed on the dance floor, lol.

Still, it would be cool. I don't think so though, I just don't think either of them want to at this point for some reason. It would be a hit though, just because of their two names together. Prince was asked to be on "WATW" and he refused. Then he came back and said he wanted to do a guitar solo on the record but by then, it had already been mixed and recorded. I'd like it though.

Pff, Prince didn't want to do "Bad" with Michael cause he knew he woulda gotten creamed on the dance floor, lol.

Still, it would be cool. I don't think so though, I just don't think either of them want to at this point for some reason. It would be a hit though, just because of their two names together. Prince was asked to be on "WATW" and he refused. Then he came back and said he wanted to do a guitar solo on the record but by then, it had already been mixed and recorded. I'd like it though.
WATW?

dang initials. Half the time I can't think of what title they go with.

Prince makes me laugh, idk why.. He was on american idol a few years ago, his performance was cool but I thought it was extremly rude as soon as ryan seacrest walked to shake his hand or say something Prince got Off the stage really quick, avoiding him or something..

But I think they could be AWESOME if they did do something together..
Thats so funny :lol:^_^

I'd love Michael and Prince to work together, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Prince offered Michael as song he wrote called, Wouldn't You Love To Love Me for the Bad album but Michael declined to offer.

yeah, i want michael and prince to do a song together!! Plus i couldn't imagine prince in bad

I hope so. To me they are both tops, both manage to make music that can move me, sometimes in unexpected ways :( I'm listening to Gold at the moment for the 3rd time tonight, just an amazing song. This isnt music just for the ears, it's music for the soul :lol: and i could only imagine the masterpiece Prince and MJ could bring about.
I'm extremely happy as an MJ fan that i took time to rediscover Prince. And now i have 2 incredibly gifted artists to listen to.

Last edited:
uh... i dunno. but i have never liked prince. i am not too keen on them performing together either. michael never needed prince then so why wud he need him now?! :huh:

I would love to see Purple Rain and Thriller duet that would be dope. LOL Yea of course they are different artists but I still think they can make a good product together if they can come up with something they BOTH agree on and it sounds good. I don't see that happening no time soon though, maybe before they past but it would be kool though.

originaly bad was to be a duet with prince but prince said the lyrics was crap and that he would not do the duet

^^^^

Yeah I heard about that.

Honestly, I don't think Prince has ever or would ever want to work with MJ for some reason. I think MJ is a bigger fan of Prince than vice versa and I do think they respect eachother as artists, but I just don't see a duet ever happening between those two.

Prince called Michael a genius a few years back. And he's spoken positively about him before. Saying to a group of media people that they should just chill concerning Michael because he might know something the rest of them don't.

m glad it didnt materialize or else prince wud have shared the success of Bad. see? michael does not need prince ^_^

Well that's true. Michael don't need Prince and Prince don't need Michael.

And I said that Michael is a bigger fan of Prince than vice versa because it's the truth. Sure Prince said that Michael was a genius and I read somewhere that he played "Billie Jean" in concert and I heard the audio on youtube actually but Michael has always kept on top of what was going on in Prince's career whereas Prince has always just done his own thing for the most part. Also some of MJ's music sounds Prince influenced (i.e. Superfly Sister). I honestly feel that Michael feels that talent wise, Prince is his only competiton but those two are such controlling perfectionists, I could never see a duet working out between them.

Last edited:
Prince called Michael a genius a few years back. And he's spoken positively about him before. Saying to a group of media people that they should just chill concerning Michael because he might know something the rest of them don't.

He respects Michael as an artist but that doesn't mean he's a fan. There's a difference. For instance I respect The Bealtes and what they've contributed to music but by no means would I ever call myself a fan of theirs.

Last edited:
ehh superfly sister doesnt sound prince-ish to me lol

And I think with everything MJ says, in general, at times he just likes to be NICE. :lol: I do think both prince and MJ respect each other as artists, to an extent. But I think their personalities and egos clash a bit :lol:

i agree with j5. i can't see them working together bec. egos will fly all over:lol: and still i can't see the point why michael is more of a fan to prince than vice-versa. like j5, i'd like to think that they respect each other as artists but that's about it

ehh superfly sister doesnt sound prince-ish to me lol

And I think with everything MJ says, in general, at times he just likes to be NICE. :lol: I do think both prince and MJ respect each other as artists, to an extent. But I think their personalities and egos clash a bit :lol:

Omg, are you kidding? I've even heard other Michael fans comment on how much "Superfly Sister" sounds like a Prince song. Anyway, that's okay b/c several songs on Prince's "3121" album sounded MJ influenced to me so it balances out lol.

naaa superfly sister and prince...i dunno, doesn't strike a connection. is it the bass lick? If so thats just....minor cuz the rest of the song has nothing else related or sounding like prince lol. I dunno where everyone else is coming from with that lol

naaa...i don't think that mJ and prince could get together....that's two artistic ships passing in the night...

I would love for them to work together as well as Madonna but I doubt it will ever happen.

i highly doubt they'll ever work together...2 big icons who have matching egos *grins* i just don't see it....

Back