Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by arXter View Post
    i think you should rephrase that to "i do not know mj anymore than you do" because it sounded like you were thinking you did.

throw all that out of the window when it comes to Michael because he certainly wasn't brought up in anyway like your cases and has lived the most extraordinary of lives as an adult.

i can assure you i wasn't one of them LOL because the thought was always on my mind that his public persona may certainly not be realistic.

it just makes no sense that you can be so overly confident in analysing the enigma that is Michael Jackson when you have not even been 24 hours in his presence, (i'm assuming). my point is, no one here can make such evaluations on his mental status.
    Right, exatly. You're speaking a lot of sense. Michael has led a life unlike any other and I choose to take his word at face value, that's all. Because why would I actually listen to someone else about how Michael feels over what Michael himself says he feels? Makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by wannabestartinsomthin21; 10-02-2008 at 02:19 AM.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannabestartinsomthin21 View Post
    No, I still don't think it would have been a good thing. Joe helped set his children on the path towards early stardom. Another mistake, in my view, considering Michael's obvious issues with missing out on childhood. But Michael's talent is such that, I think with or without that early path, he would have eventually become a star anyway. Look at all the stars out there who didn't hit fame until they were in their 20s, yet all of them have only the smallest fraction of Michael's talent.
    That's true, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd pursue it. You have to consider that there are many people out there who aren't famous, and have incredible talent. But I do agree that a favorable outcome doesn't justify an act.
    Last edited by Grand Master S; 10-02-2008 at 02:21 AM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J5master View Post
    Whoa.

I mean vindicating...as in saying that Joe did no wrong. Joe did what he felt was doing what was right and he did what he could. And thats unfortunate and fortunate in a lot of ways but I simply DO NOT AGREE with his approach. Im not saying he killed him or anything like that but MJ suffered A LOT cuz of it, and u cant deny or downplay that. The fact that MJ still cries over it testifies to it. So no MJ isnt dead, and in exchange for tons of emotional pain hes now successful. It is what it is.
    Right. Exactly.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master S View Post
    That's true, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd pursue it. You have to consider that there are many people out there who aren't famous, and have incredible talent. But I do agree that a favorable outcome doesn't justify an act.

and thats why hypothetical questions are of no use to this discussion lol...there are so many ways things could go. thats life.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

No, I still don't think it would have been a good thing. Joe helped set his children on the path towards early stardom. Another mistake, in my view, considering Michael's obvious issues with missing out on childhood. But Michael's talent is such that, I think with or without that early path, he would have eventually become a star anyway. Look at all the stars out there who didn't hit fame until they were in their 20s, yet all of them have only the smallest fraction of Michael's talent.
    What would have been the alternative in gary indiana in the early 60's.
    Maybe I should list some for you. Abject poverty.
    Welfare, racism, steel mills, gangland warfare, lynching, inprisonment in state prison or probably an early death.

When you are black and proud you would rather beat your children yourself than have a redneck cop lay a finger on them if Joe didn't whoop their ass, the redneck would have done it for him. Thanks joe.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller_MJ View Post
    Ok this is a heated topic cause of you know who but dispite all his B.S i still think its a very good documentry about MJ sure some secens are abit to personal for him but people want to know the man behind the Music mayby thats why he done it in the first place
    Bull crap he did it to bring Michael Jackson down . Why is this even brought up again who the hec wants to remember back then. Its down and over with and all i care is that Michael has got threw all the hell. So lets move on. Just to heart breaking.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master S View Post
    That's true. But Michael has always seemed drawn towards show businesss to me. When he was 5, he wanted to sing with his brothers, and his dad wouldn't let him because he thought he was too young. It's documented that when asked in school what he wanted to be when he grew up, Michael said he wanted to be a famous singer. I think it was something Michael was drawn towards, much like many famous artists who simply want to be in music from a young age, but aren't pushed towards it or conditioned in to it. I think he would have become famous with or without his father setting them on that path and driving them towards perfection. They got out of Gary because of Michael's ability to sing and dance. There were so many groups coming from Indiana who had everything the Jackson's did... except Michael. Michael was the factor that got them signed. He's special.

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well my mother grew up in the 60s and didnt get beat excessively (only when she did bad lol)...and wasnt emotionally/ verbally abused...and turned out fine.

Back then rather u got beat at home or not, if u were black u'd get messed up. White rednecks wasnt gonna stop and say "does ur pop beat u at home?No? ok i'll let u go" Thattts not how it worked.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Datsymay View Post
    Welfare, racism, steel mills, gangland warfare, lynching, inprisonment in state prison or probably an early death.

When you are black and proud you would rather beat your children yourself than have a redneck cop lay a finger on them if Joe didn't whoop their ass, the redneck would have done it for him. Thanks joe.
    That's all speculation Datsymay. How many celebritys grew up in that kind of enviornment and still made it big without having their parent's driving them towards it. A lot, I reckon. There are a lot of issues Michael has dealt with later in life which I don't think he would have if his father had just shown him a little more love, openly I mean. Joe could have shown the kids right through example, not through physical force. He scared them in to coming home early and obeying him, he didn't teach them or show them it was the right thing to do. He could have though. Children DO listen, if you take the time with them.
    Last edited by wannabestartinsomthin21; 10-02-2008 at 02:31 AM.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

oh i cant believe that ur actually thanking joe for beating up his children! i mean, where's the good in that?!

do u mean that if he did not, they wud have ended far worse? but u have to remember that the jackson kids, were no ordinary kids. They werent exposed to the evils u rattled off the way ordinary black kids were bec. even back then, they have this celebrity status which restricts their movement and socializing activities!

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I guess the conclusion is this: When times are rough, beat your kids.

I dont think so.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Okay. Gary ani't THAT bad. And Dat, let black folk speak for themselves.

Gary is ecomonically depressed. I have first hand knowledge of that for sure.

It is that way because the steel industry is not what it used to be and because of the politics in the State of Indiana. Peeps who live in the Lake County area generally commute to Chicago to work if they can -- just like the peeps in South Bend, Ft. Wayne and other parts of NW Indiana.

But Black folk don't beat their children because it's better than some racist cop doing it. That's like WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over the line here.

Black folk back in the day spanked, whooped, beat -- whatever you choose to call it because they were being bad azzez. That's just the way it was done. Like I said, different people react differently to that, especially today, but back in the day, it was common place and not just black folk, either.
    Last edited by mello1; 10-02-2008 at 02:40 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

That's all speculation Datsymay. How many celebritys grew up in that kind of enviornment and still made it big without having their parent's driving them towards it. A lot, I reckon. There are a lot of issues Michael has dealt with later in life which I don't think he would have if his father had just shown him a little more love, openly I mean.
    That right there is speculation too. You do not know how or when Mj started dealing with issues. I shall speculate that MJ's real issues started when he was assigned to Motown cause that was when he no longer was able to go to school and when he was working all ours. that was indeed a delicate age to be disconnected fro your peers and I have noticed that that is the only tome when MJ shows any real emotions. It was also the time when he became a real superstar and was unable to go anywhere without a body guard. Glady's knight said it all, so did Susan De passe. And so do his brothers. That was the real time when mj started showing any signs of discomfort. in other words, my speculation is that it was the sudden rise to fame and the fact that he was cut off from the real world because of that fame that caused MJ emotional trama, not the fact that he was called names at home, which Mj participated in himself or chastised
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

i don't think so either. joe jackson beat up his children and left michael (m not sure about the others) emotionally scarred. is that good? please let us not justify these beatings by saying that it made michael the perfectionist that he is. i think even without those corporal punishment, michael wud still turn into the huge talent that he is today. His were God-given

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mello1 View Post
    Okay. Gary ani't THAT bad. And Dat, let black folk speak for themselves.

Gary is ecomonically depressed. I have first hand knowledge of that for sure.

It is that way because the steel industry is not what it used to be and because of the politics in the State of Indiana. Peeps who live in the Lake County area generally commute to Chicago to work if they can -- just like the peeps in South Bend, Ft. Wayne and other parts of NW Indiana.

But Black folk don't beat their children because it's better than some racist cop doing it. That's like WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over the line here.

Black folk back in the day spanked, whooped, beat -- whatever you choose to call it because they were being bad azzez. That's just the way it was done. Like I said, different people react differently to that, especially today, but back in the day, it was common place and not just black folk, either.
    I'm speaking from experience Mello, I'm speaking from experience. I am black folks too.