Thread: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

Michael used to try to hit his dad back when he was little. His brother's thought he was crazy for doing it because it only mad Joe beat him harder. Michael hit him back because he probably wanted to keep Joe off of him. Michael himself has said he was scared to death of his father. Why do you think he would run from him? He said he used to get faint in his precense and that he would vomit from nerves. Who are we to say Michael is lying? We aren't him. Those things imply that Michael was very much afraid of Joe.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I agree, mello, a lot of factors went into how Michael is who he is, I don't put the 100% blame on Joe at all but to say he didn't play a factor in it would be silly but it doesn't mean that Joe's evil. He has done some dumb-a$$ things but Michael still loves his dad and always will.

"OK, first of all, I have this skin disorder that destroys the pigmentation of the skin. It's something that I cannot help. Okay? But when people make up stories that I don't wanna be what I am, it hurts me. It's a problem for me, okay? I can't control it. But let's reverse it. What about all the millions of people who sit out in the sun to become other than what they are?" -- Michael Jackson (1993)

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by troubleman84 View Post
    I agree, mello, a lot of factors went into how Michael is who he is, I don't put the 100% blame on Joe at all but to say he didn't play a factor in it would be silly but it doesn't mean that Joe's evil. He has done some dumb-a$$ things but Michael still loves his dad and always will.
    basically all Im saying.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gemini27 View Post
    no i didnt watch The Jackson,s An American Dream but if it is true as u said that his brothers deferredto him, that he is the only one who was able to stand up to his father, that he is the boss...i surmise this may be due to the fact that he is the most talented of the bunch, that he does not get his father's goat the way the other kids do bec. he learns fast, and he can actrually come up to Gordy for suggestions bec. it is him who is full of ideas.

His talent,datsymay, is his only weapon
    Yes, I agree that his talent was his weapon and this is why I have ssues with much of the story that was put out about joe abusing him. Why would he abuse the hen that lays the golden egg. More likely that the hen could use his power as a weapon. I actually believe MJ did whold a lot of power in that household. Notice that he is always the one who did the speaches or the negotiations with Joe. MJ always went with Joe to make deals. The Jacksons are a show biz family. They grew up in the limelight. They do know how to use the media and not everything we hear should be taken at face value.,^_^
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Datsymay View Post
    It was a bit of exaggeration, but it has always implied in the whippings when kids are being desciplined. In fact if you watched The jackson, american dream, there was a scene where Joe had Jackie moving bricks, and when jackie asked why, he told him that he wanted him to be prepared for what was to come,.That was implied in that bit of excersie that he was trying to kep him out of trouble.
    No it's not. Now if you had said that racism can have an effect on parents interfacing with their families, then I would agree. I can raise my hand on that one because it did affect my father. It made him very angry, but he couldn't talk back or speak out or up. So guess who got to hear it? His family. But that's a different topic altogether.

Further, my interpretation of that scene is that Joe wanted Jackie to be more disciplined and respect him. That's all.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by troubleman84 View Post
    Thank You. MJ may have to pay dearly for some of the things his children will blame him for too, for by the time theygrew up societies philosophy will change. MJ loves his dad. They are just too similar, so they clash, that is all. I also think that sometimes when the Jacksons are having private rows, they do it in public, using the media. I feel that at on stage, mj was sending a message to his dad and he did it thrugh the media.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

That film was white washed I think, lol. So kind of a silly thing to use as a supporting point. And good points mello.

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

What? Joe abused the hen that lays the golden egg to CONTROL him LOL For "getting to the top" purposes AND discipline purposes AND "fear me" purposes LOL

MJ LOVES his father. JOESPH loves michael. That is why they can make dealings and all of that. MJ knows that joe is a very smart business man. THat doesnt erase the fact that Joe really hurt MJ during his child hood.

WHy dont u believe this? This is not media tabloid stuff.

Eeverytime MJ TALKS about this, its like an emotional battle for him. ANd its not just MJ, other family members have testified to this.

Even in 2000 when Mj gave that oxford speech (i think his most emotional)...he seemed at peace with him and his father's past, but even afterwards in LWMJ, the thoughts of it still makes him really emotional.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mello1 View Post
    No it's not. Now if you had said that racism can have an effect on parents interfacing with their families, then I would agree. I can raise my hand on that one because it did affect my father. It made him very angry, but he couldn't talk back or speak out or up. So guess who got to hear it? His family. But that's a different topic altogether.

Further, my interpretation of that scene is that Joe wanted Jackie to be more disciplined and respect him. That's all.
    Oacism did have a part to play in the whole saga. I thought that was the message I was tying to convey, but perhaps you see it differently. I am not an american, and I see things differently.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Stop seeing MJ as timid and whimpish. MJ know how to use the media too.
    He is timid. that's the effect of the relentless teasing he got from his father. Ok. so maybe Joe didnt realize it had a negative effect on Michael's self-esteem but aren't parents supposed to be our biggest ally? Arent they suppose to boost our confidence and not be the first to make us feel bad?

And no, he is not a whimp. He would not have lasted this long if he is.

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank You. MJ may have to pay dearly for some of the things his children will blame him for too, for by the time theygrew up societies philosophy will change. MJ loves his dad. They are just too similar, so they clash, that is all. I also think that sometimes when the Jacksons are having private rows, they do it in public, using the media. I feel that at on stage, mj was sending a message to his dad and he did it thrugh the media.
    Yes but its not gonna be as extreme i dont think. At least they know for certain that their father loves them (even as early as five) and will do anything to never hurt them on purpose....MJ/Joesph's case, on the otherhand is not the same. ANd MJ in Joesph arent THAT similar...u act like they're twins. They aren't. LOL

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannabestartinsomthin21 View Post
    That film was white washed I think, lol. So kind of a silly thing to use as a supporting point. And good points mello.
    Yes, whitewashed by the people WHO WERE THERE, and lived it and therefore know more than we do. I suppose the song they wrote together about the love they shared in Jackson street were whitewashed too.

Achievements:

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Theyre not gonna make a televised movie about all the hardships and negative private thing that happened...and especially personal wrongdoings that they dont wanna admit. Do u really think they'd do that?

We got a TASTE from that move...not the whole real deal. NO ONE would put all of that in a movie.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

They grew up in the limelight. They do know how to use the media and not everything we hear should be taken at face value.,^_^
    so r u saying that maybe michael isnt telling us the truth when he says he got severe beatings as a child? that it is all media savviness on his part? is that it?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wannabestartinsomthin21 View Post
    Michael used to try to hit his dad back when he was little. His brother's thought he was crazy for doing it because it only mad Joe beat him harder. Michael hit him back because he probably wanted to keep Joe off of him. Michael himself has said he was scared to death of his father. Why do you think he would run from him? He said he used to get faint in his precense and that he would vomit from nerves. Who are we to say Michael is lying? We aren't him. Those things imply that Michael was very much afraid of Joe.
    LOL... actually I think he did so because he was being a bad azz! I've seen kids do that -- it's called being defiant. That is why they are more alike than not...

But I don't doubt that he was scared though. But the fainting and the vomiting later, I think and again my opinion only, is that he didn't like the pressure coming from Joe and his brothers to carry them. Because he didn't want to hurt them and say NO, I don't want to do this and that with y'all -- I'm trying to do my own thing here...

And that is what I think was the beginning of his real problems because once you get isolated from your family for whatever reasons, the snakes and sharks and true manipulators move in and start twisting your head all around. Next thing you know, you don't know who to trust. Look at Britney Spears. The same thing is happening with her. Typical stage parents who squeezed just a little too tightly. Britney defies them in her quest to be her own person. Then here comes the two bit managers and hangers-on who don't a bit more care about her than they do the man in the moon. And she goes down as a result of it all.

That is why these celebs MUST have very strong family units going into the business and not let anything come between them, because if that happens and you happen to be the bread winner, the criminal hustles will move in for the kill.