Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 241 to 255 of 255

Thread: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

   
  1. #241
    Points: 1,045, Level: 17
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    355
    Points
    1,045
    Level
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Datsymay View Post
    There was no relentless teasing. You talk like you think Joseph is senile or foolish, People don't sit down an tease people relentlessly. The jacksons were a family that played with each other. joseph DID pay wih his kids. Michael asked Joseh to come and play pillow fights with them Obviously joe played with them. Joe sometimes climed through the window and scared his children. He was playing with them. MJ does that a lot too. That is why we have Thriller and ghost. MJ loves scaring people, he got that from his father,.Joe used to play with his children . When Jackie was asked in an interview what they like to do, Jackie said they TEASED each other. MJ took part in the teasing, so did Joe. Michael called janet names. He called jermaine names, he called Randy names, yet Michael complained that he got teased. Give me a break.
    Michael Jackson said so in the Bashir interview. His father and his brothers called him "Big Nose". What they may not know then was that it had a pyschological effect on him. He was a teenager and was in the "awkward stage". Calling him names certainly doesnt help.Everyone passing through puberty certainly understands how he felt.

    So everyone was teasing everyone in the family and only Michael complained. No two people are the same. The others may have taken the teasings lightheartedly but michael did not. It was his personal feelings. Why chide him for that?

  2. #242
    Points: 12,906, Level: 74
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,053
    Points
    12,906
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master S View Post
    The thing is, you can't summarize an entire father/son relationship on something like that. It reminds me of when MJ critics look at pictures of him and his kids, and if they aren't smiling at the exact time the photos are taken, they'll say, "Oh, his kids are so unhappy that Michael Jackson is their father." Total BS.

    When I was little, I was very carefree, insistent, and even bossy with my mother, but when she actually got mad at me over something and yelled, I would get scared. There are layers to any relationship that no one can be privy to without being a personal part of it, and to speculate on that is downright wrong. MJ is the biggest authority on how MJ feels. More so than even his family and friends. Michael Jackson said that he was frightened of his father and would at times feel like fainting in his presence, and I find absolutely no reason to say he's lying. I mean, it's never impossible that someone is lying when they tell you something like that, but since there's no real basis for us to play detective with, openly regarding it as a non-truth is faulty.
    Exactly. Most especially the bolded part.

  3. #243
    Points: 13,447, Level: 75
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Askthewanderers
    Posts
    2,753
    Points
    13,447
    Level
    75
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Datsymay...I am going to try to put it nicely to your opinions or anyone's believing similar things or dropping to the wrong conclusions.

    You have no right to belittle Michael's feelings (or his family's) just because you feel you can smell B.S. I will not criticize anyone in the family, I'll give you some facts, instead of opinions and tell it a bit blatantly, so you can understand:

    1. Joseph Jackson did expose his children himself to various clubs with strippers in order for them to perform and become famous, including to people that drink, swear and be violent in places as those like "this beautiful blonde girl...who was actually a disguised man with oranges in the front" (not reproducing this quote entirely correct, but from my memory of Michael's words in "Moonwalk". Oh, and what does him drinking from time to time, saying a few words here and there and reading porn have to do with that? He saw things that a child wasn't suppose to see from that age and was "blowen away". Does he have to say all those things publicly somehow to make himself more human? Noobody called him a saint. A better man than most, yes, though. And...As far as I know, he does not harm anyone with these and does not make a habit of them, so this a random remark. He would even hide him drinking wine or sth like in Coke cans that on the planes, due to nervousness, so children should not see him. But I digress.

    2. Joseph Jackson did call Michael "big nose" as well as his brothers, and he felt ugly and belittled because of this, so he would hide and not look people in the eye, because it was already a soft spot for him to deal with, (even though it should not have, as he was always beautiful) especially when you go through your puberty-adolescent stages, which doubles insecurity and tension => so where did the name-calling to his siblings derive from?...You guessed. And is he the only sibling doing that to his brothers? Maybe when pigs will start flying. Especially in a time when a self-insecurity was developed with age, instead of it being healed. I am going to say it again, most of those name-callings (I explained more on this in a first post of mine in the "Janet on Joe and half-sister" thread) were affectionate ones, especially cute ones as "Donkey" or "Bozo" and the like. Besides, Michael apologized for them anyway and stopped with them after his adolescence or later, as Janet herself admitted. many other people never do so. Many children beat other children or their brothers, other people retaliate on other people or their family violently, he never did that, and Janet and la Toya would also call him the definition of non-violence or sth to that extent.

    3. Instead of offering him assistance and help for his insecurities, they became so developed, and even plastic surgery intervened. Don't belittle the man's feelings after all the tears he cried and the swollen eyes he had sometimes when performing (i.e.: for instance, "Ben" at the Sonny and Cher Show"). But I digress again, I suppose. And Just because you read from Michael's own members of his family what they say about him, that is fine, as long as they happen to be in his mind or heart too; it is not like everyone has to know clearly how to interpret him or understand and empathize with him, even if they lived with him.

    4. Again, I will resort to those already becoming annoying phone tapes in 1991 for the continuing incredulous ones who call him a liar (with respect to most of the things he says about his personality and childhood). You said you haven't heard him speak in those, especially about his childhood; you can live in denial all you want, and you probably would choose to call him a liar even after hearing them, but he can't be possibly lying in there either. And you don't have to listen to them, no one has to. But keep in mind once more about everyone's level os sensitivity, which is different. Yes, Joseph did whip his sons in order to discipline them and protect them from being impolite, carefree and the like as well, I agree, but many actions contradicted with this discipline, as I have shown above.

    5. Joseph and / or the Corporation made them lie every once in a while about certain things: as Diana Ross actually discovering them, about Michael being 1 or 2 years younger, about them celebrating Christmasses and Birthdays, about them being a "tight-knit" family (I quote Michael in here, and the sources of that time), he dismisses the truth in all that again..where? At point number 4, of course. So, this little white lies thing from time to time is an influence stemming again from his childhood and out of the fear of completely being open about things publicly. And I believe he said I don't know how many times about the courage to forgive other people, and he forgave everyone.

    6. Remember he has Vitiligo; Vitiligo can either run in the family or can be formed in circumstances as extreme stress and the like. Whatever the causes, it can even go to affect someone's psychology and sensitivity. These things have both sensitivitized Michael and made him strong and reasonable, like a blessing in disguise, I don't know. He reached to the point of taking it out on himself many times or by means of art, he saw things that were not even in there or in himself and other people would only judge him without trying to heal or help him somehow, and it was, probably, too late, anyway. No particular point to prove in here, but it is one serious issue, and I know it is controversial, so I'll leave it to that. But, hell, anything to put out some justice sense upfront.

    7. Joseph and his brothers used to have sex with girls even before him and his young brothers or in a near room where he would listen to everything, while he was suffering in silence and trying to both protect the privacy of his father and the utmost respect and love for his mother. What an enjoyable situation that must have been. You have no idea about his feelings on topics as those, but I can hint at how he sighed and reflected on stuff like that in those damn tapes. Again, call him a liar for sighing.

    8. About this love for horror movies and scarying others: again, you have provided a weak argument. Did it ever occur to you that short movies like "Thriller" or "Ghosts" and other songs like these are to exorcise his demons of fear he has collected as a child and throughout his life? The many personal and public fears he was submitted to, the impact theymay have caused, the frustration he had to let out somehow.You said his father used to scare them with appearing on the window and stuff and made that a trifle out of that...Maybe that was a trifle, but you'll need to know that Michael felt traumatized by stuff like that and would call him "Monster Man" with some cane and stuff secretly...where do I know this from? Again...those bloody tapes others need to not believe. Does Michael really want to scare people? No, he chose to express his fears and resorts to art instead of venting out to people and punish them. A really visual idea from all this is the self-torture in the "Ghosts" short film he does, when hitting his head to pieces to the ground. Call him an exagerator.

    9. La Toya, in a 1972 column from the TcB magazine, I believe, used to say Michael's mother would sometimes chastize him or make him go to his room to "recover" from laughing, so yes, she would also discipline her children; but he always called her an "angel" and felt somehow always saved by her, hw would cry with her looking at children with flies around their mouth and empathise with each other, so don't put Joseph and Katherine in the same boat here. even if she defended Joseph sometimes, one has to protect their family publicly from time to time.

    I know there are more arguments I missed, but my time is up...and once again I had to resort to prying into people's private world to make a point, because some people choose to protect their iron opinions and minimize the extent of certain actions and even the actions themselves, merely because of attributing situations as these to other families, children and situation. Smelling B.S. in the wrong places is wrong. Yes, Michael became such a strong, resilient, forgiving person and so many great things. But you know what? He has mostly taught and disciplined himself (with a great deal of influence from the Bible, his mother, children etc.) and life's experiences and could come through things other people could have only escaped by means of either death or suicide and the like and cultivated his faith.

    I am wasting a lot of precious time here to explain things other people refuse to take into consideration, as they think they know better. But I won't let people claim things they have no real idea about and are rushed with opinions or analyse things wrong. And quite frankly, they might think whatever they wish, it's not like they could touch or bother Michael anymore. He rises above all **** as always, anyway.
    Last edited by Alma; 10-02-2008 at 09:51 AM.

  4. #244
    Points: 13,073, Level: 74
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA USA
    Posts
    3,208
    Points
    13,073
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    Datsymay...I am going to try to put it nicely to your opinions or anyone's believing similar things or dropping to the wrong conclusions.

    You have no right to belittle Michael's feelings (or his family's) just because you feel you can smell B.S. I will not criticize anyone in the family, I'll give you some facts, instead of opinions and tell it a bit blatantly, so you can understand:

    1. Joseph Jackson did expose his children himself to various clubs with strippers in order for them to perform and become famous, including to people that drink, swear and be violent in places as those like "this beautiful blonde girl...who was actually a disguised man with oranges in the front" (not reproducing this quote entirely correct, but from my memory of Michael's words in "Moonwalk". Oh, and what does him drinking from time to time, saying a few words here and there and reading porn have to do with that? He saw things that a child wasn't suppose to see from that age and was "blowen away". Does he have to say all those things publicly somehow to make himself more human? Noobody called him a saint. A better man than most, yes, though. And...As far as I know, he does not harm anyone with these and does not make a habit of them, so this a random remark. He would even hide him drinking wine or sth like in Coke cans that on the planes, due to nervousness, so children should not see him. But I digress.

    2. Joseph Jackson did call Michael "big nose" as well as his brothers, and he felt ugly and belittled because of this, so he would hide and not look people in the eye, because it was already a soft spot for him to deal with, (even though it should not have, as he was always beautiful) especially when you go through your puberty-adolescent stages, which doubles insecurity and tension => so where did the name-calling to his siblings derive from?...You guessed. And is he the only sibling doing that to his brothers? Maybe when pigs will start flying. Especially in a time when a self-insecurity was developed with age, instead of it being healed. I am going to say it again, most of those name-callings (I explained more on this in a first post of mine in the "Janet on Joe and half-sister" thread) were affectionate ones, especially cute ones as "Donkey" or "Bozo" and the like. Besides, Michael apologized for them anyway and stopped with them after his adolescence or later, as Janet herself admitted. many other people never do so. Many children beat other children or their brothers, other people retaliate on other people or their family violently, he never did that, and Janet and la Toya would also call him the definition of non-violence or sth to that extent.

    3. Instead of offering him assistance and help for his insecurities, they became so developed, and even plastic surgery intervened. Don't belittle the man's feelings after all the tears he cried and the swollen eyes he had sometimes when performing (i.e.: for instance, "Ben" at the Sonny and Cher Show"). But I digress again, I suppose. And Just because you read from Michael's own members of his family what they say about him, that is fine, as long as they happen to be in his mind or heart too; it is not like everyone has to know clearly how to interpret him or understand and empathize with him, even if they lived with him.

    4. Again, I will resort to those already becoming annoying phone tapes in 1991 for the continuing incredulous ones who call him a liar (with respect to most of the things he says about his personality and childhood). You said you haven't heard him speak in those, especially about his childhood; you can live in denial all you want, and you probably would choose to call him a liar even after hearing them, but he can't be possibly lying in there either. And you don't have to listen to them, no one has to. But keep in mind once more about everyone's level os sensitivity, which is different. Yes, Joseph did whip his sons in order to discipline them and protect them from being impolite, carefree and the like as well, I agree, but many actions contradicted with this discipline, as I have shown above.

    5. Joseph and / or the Corporation made them lie every once in a while about certain things: as Diana Ross actually discovering them, about Michael being 1 or 2 years younger, about them celebrating Christmasses and Birthdays, about them being a "tight-knit" family (I quote Michael in here, and the sources of that time), he dismisses the truth in all that again..where? At point number 4, of course. So, this little white lies thing from time to time is an influence stemming again from his childhood and out of the fear of completely being open about things publicly. And I believe he said I don't know how many times about the courage to forgive other people, and he forgave everyone.

    6. Remember he has Vitiligo; Vitiligo can either run in the family or can be formed in circumstances as extreme stress and the like. Whatever the causes, it can even go to affect someone's psychology and sensitivity. These things have both sensitivitized Michael and made him strong and reasonable, like a blessing in disguise, I don't know. He reached to the point of taking it out on himself many times or by means of art, he saw things that were not even in there or in himself and other people would only judge him without trying to heal or help him somehow, and it was, probably, too late, anyway. No particular point to prove in here, but it is one serious issue, and I know it is controversial, so I'll leave it to that. But, hell, anything to put out some justice sense upfront.

    7. Joseph and his brothers used to have sex with girls even before him and his young brothers or in a near room where he would listen to everything, while he was suffering in silence and trying to both protect the privacy of his father and the utmost respect and love for his mother. What an enjoyable situation that must have been. You have no idea about his feelings on topics as those, but I can hint at how he sighed and reflected on stuff like that in those damn tapes. Again, call him a liar for sighing.

    8. About this love for horror movies and scarying others: again, you have provided a weak argument. Did it ever occur to you that short movies like "Thriller" or "Ghosts" and other songs like these are to exorcise his demons of fear he has collected as a child and throughout his life? The many personal and public fears he was submitted to, the impact theymay have caused, the frustration he had to let out somehow.You said his father used to scare them with appearing on the window and stuff and made that a trifle out of that...Maybe that was a trifle, but you'll need to know that Michael felt traumatized by stuff like that and would call him "Monster Man" with some cane and stuff secretly...where do I know this from? Again...those bloody tapes others need to not believe. Does Michael really want to scare people? No, he chose to express his fears and resorts to art instead of venting out to people and punish them. A really visual idea from all this is the self-torture in the "Ghosts" short film he does, when hitting his head to pieces to the ground. Call him an exagerator.

    9. La Toya, in a 1972 column from the TcB magazine, I believe, used to say Michael's mother would sometimes chastize him or make him go to his room to "recover" from laughing, so yes, she would also discipline her children; but he always called her an "angel" and felt somehow always saved by her, hw would cry with her looking at children with flies around their mouth and empathise with each other, so don't put Joseph and Katherine in the same boat here. even if she defended Joseph sometimes, one has to protect their family publicly from time to time.

    I know there are more arguments I missed, but my time is up...and once again I had to resort to prying into people's private world to make a point, because some people choose to protect their iron opinions and minimize the extent of certain actions and even the actions themselves, merely because of attributing situations as these to other families, children and situation. Smelling B.S. in the wrong places is wrong. Yes, Michael became such a strong, resilient, forgiving person and so many great things. But you know what? He has mostly taught and disciplined himself (with a great deal of influence from the Bible, his mother, children etc.) and life's experiences and could come through things other people could have only escaped by means of either death or suicide and the like and cultivated his faith.

    I am wasting a lot of precious time here to explain things other people refuse to take into consideration, as they think they know better. But I won't let people claim things they have no real idea about and are rushed with opinions or analyse things wrong. And quite frankly, they might think whatever they wish, it's not like they could touch or bother Michael anymore. He rises above all **** as always, anyway.
    My heart went out to Michael when I saw him cry talking about his childhood....Hopefully and thankfully, he SEEMs to be a very strong person. He has made it through many a horrible situation that NO CHILD should be allowed to go through....and seems to be stronger for it.
    Be sure to visit my family's music page - http://www.bandromeda.com/user/1005

  5. #245
    Points: 13,073, Level: 74
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA USA
    Posts
    3,208
    Points
    13,073
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Michael!! Here is a big bear hug for you....and your family!!

    Be sure to visit my family's music page - http://www.bandromeda.com/user/1005

  6. #246
    Points: 15,391, Level: 80
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Datsymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South East London
    Posts
    6,488
    Points
    15,391
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    None of you know Michael jackson. none know whether he is lying or telling the truth. you believe what you want I will believe what I want. You cannot tell me to accept what Mj says at face value because MJ' SAID SO". Not even Jesus has that effect on me. I chose to look at the whole picture and come to my own conclusion. I did the same thing when MJ was on trial for his life. I looked at the overall picture. I looked at his life history, his familes life and his words, his poetry, his songs and deeds and I came to a 'not giulty' verdict, ON MY OWN. I am doing the same here. Looking at the overall picture, and am coming to my own conclusion. I do not have to take MJ's words as gospel.
    I never attack MJ's feelings. He has a right to feel anyway he wants to. That is his perogative. It does not give me the right to abuse his father verbally, with no valid evidence, except that mj said so.
    What if the jury had passed judgement on MJ and turned up with a guilty verdict because 'THE BOY CRIED or THE BOY FELT THAT WAY'
    MJ could have been put away for life on the basis of what a boy says. The jury looked at the evidence and found Mj not guilty. I will afford Joe Jackson the same priviledge.
    Joe Jackson did whip his kids, some times, he was strict and he was a desciplinarian,.He was all of that, but in my book, he was a lot more good than bad. He was not a child abuser and he did love and care for his children
    Abused children will not write song about their parents love and care and sing beautiful song about the home where they were supposedly abused in. I look for truth in all things, that is why I am a fan of MJ. I don't believe that Mj has exxagerate the story so much as the media and MJ fans have ran with it and are hating on joe for their own personal reasons.
    Joe Jackson is Michael jackson's father. he loves his son and his son loves him. Nothing else should matter. Stop the joe jackson hate. Why is it that the Jacksons are always targeted for hated when they do what everyone else do. Why is Joe Jackson targetted when there are tons of hollywood family that have been ten times worse than the jacksons? Even Janet Jackson asked that question in her last interview.
    Jealousy, Janet, Jealousy.
    Last edited by Datsymay; 10-02-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

  7. #247
    Points: 17,711, Level: 84
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,902
    Points
    17,711
    Level
    84
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 334 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Datsymay View Post
    None of you know Michael jackson. none know whether he is lying or telling the truth. you believe what you want I will believe what I want. You cannot tell me to accept what Mj says at face value because MJ' SAID SO". Not even Jesus has that effect on me. I chose to look at the whole picture and come to my own conclusion. I did the same thing when MJ was on trial for his life. I looked at the overall picture. I looked at his life history, his familes life and his words, his poetry, his songs and deeds and I came to a 'not giulty' verdict, ON MY OWN. I am doing the same here. Looking at the overall picture, and am coming to my own conclusion. I do not have to take MJ's words as gospel.

    So you take everyone else's word as gospel then i guess? Since you dont know MJ and you dont believe what MJ says, that would have to be the case. And I'm sorry but MJ has a WAY better track record as far as telling the truth than a lot of the people who talk about him. I dont think anyone hear is saying what MJ says is gospel but as far as what MJ has FELT, MJ is the ONLY ONE with authority on that subject. Books and videos and all that is not gonna tell you how MJ feels, only MJ can.
    Oh and those tapes mentioned earlier, I wont go into it but thats a VERY GOOD ARGUMENT. MJ was painfully honest in those. He mustve been exaggerating ALL HIS DAMN LIFE then. and that just makes no sense.
    If I tell you that im sad right now, what are you gonna do? Say that "well your posts dont reflect your sadness and you always use happy/LOL emoticons in you post...and in your myspace video you look happy...and all the other posters on this board say that you're happy so I think youre exaggerating when you say you're sad." Not fair is it? Only I know how i really feel and you would have no valid reason to say Im exaggerating


    I never attack MJ's feelings. He has a right to feel anyway he wants to. That is his perogative. It does not give me the right to abuse his father verbally, with no valid evidence, except that mj said so.

    No one has though. No one said Joe was evil or any of that. People disagree with the way he treated his kids. Simple as that.

    What if the jury had passed judgement on MJ and turned up with a guilty verdict because 'THE BOY CRIED or THE BOY FELT THAT WAY'
    MJ could have been put away for life on the basis of what a boy says. The jury looked at the evidence and found Mj not guilty. I will afford Joe Jackson the same priviledge.
    But the fact that his father was EXTREMELY hard and physical and emotionly tough with those kids and hat fact has had a PROFOUNDLY negative effect on all of them....is not in question. Its not just Michael here, its all of the family that have admitted to some degree, that Joe was crazy at times :lol: Joe isnt charged for life about this, and never denied it and is very proud of it i bet. So comparing the Joe situation and MJ's trial is not really a good argument either.

    Joe Jackson did whi his kids, some times, he was strict and he was a desciplinarian,.He was all of that, but in my book, he was a lot more good than bad. He was not a child abuser and he did love and care for his children
    Abused children will not write song about their parents love and care and sing beautiful song about the home where they were supposedly abused in.
    Ever consider that different people react in different ways to it?

    Joe Jackson is Michael jackson's father. he loves his son and his son loves him. Nothing else should matter. Stop the joe jackson hate. Why is it that the Jacksons are always targeted for hated when they do what everyone else do. Why is Joe Jackson targetted when there are tons of hollywood family that have been ten times worse than the jacksons? Even Janet Jackson asked that question in her last interview.
    Jealousy, Janet, Jealousy.
    I dont understand your accusations here. No one is hating on Joe. Maybe people hate what he did because the level of it being "abuse" or not is subjective. People feel hitting your child for ANY reason is wrong and abusive. I happen to DISAGREE with Joe's way of raising his kids, I think there are better ways. But I dont hate Joe at all. I know he did what he did because HE felt it was best. Well I dont think it was the best way but whats done is done and the family is as strong as ever.



  8. #248
    Points: 13,073, Level: 74
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA USA
    Posts
    3,208
    Points
    13,073
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by J5master View Post
    So you take everyone else's word as gospel then i guess? Since you dont know MJ and you dont believe what MJ says, that would have to be the case. And I'm sorry but MJ has a WAY better track record as far as telling the truth than a lot of the people who talk about him. I dont think anyone hear is saying what MJ says is gospel but as far as what MJ has FELT, MJ is the ONLY ONE with authority on that subject. Books and videos and all that is not gonna tell you how MJ feels, only MJ can.
    Oh and those tapes mentioned earlier, I wont go into it but thats a VERY GOOD ARGUMENT. MJ was painfully honest in those. He mustve been exaggerating ALL HIS DAMN LIFE then. and that just makes no sense.
    If I tell you that im sad right now, what are you gonna do? Say that "well your posts dont reflect your sadness and you always use happy/LOL emoticons in you post...and in your myspace video you look happy...and all the other posters on this board say that you're happy so I think youre exaggerating when you say you're sad." Not fair is it? Only I know how i really feel and you would have no valid reason to say Im exaggerating





    No one has though. No one said Joe was evil or any of that. People disagree with the way he treated his kids. Simple as that.



    But the fact that his father was EXTREMELY hard and physical and emotionly tough with those kids and hat fact has had a PROFOUNDLY negative effect on all of them....is not in question. Its not just Michael here, its all of the family that have admitted to some degree, that Joe was crazy at times :lol: Joe isnt charged for life about this, and never denied it and is very proud of it i bet. So comparing the Joe situation and MJ's trial is not really a good argument either.



    Ever consider that different people react in different ways to it?


    I dont understand your accusations here. No one is hating on Joe. Maybe people hate what he did because the level of it being "abuse" or not is subjective. People feel hitting your child for ANY reason is wrong and abusive. I happen to DISAGREE with Joe's way of raising his kids, I think there are better ways. But I dont hate Joe at all. I know he did what he did because HE felt it was best. Well I dont think it was the best way but whats done is done and the family is as strong as ever.
    I agree with you J5Master....I don't hate Joe....and we all should just calm down about that aspect of MJ's life....we can speculate all we want, but it doesn't change things. We weren't there, growing up in that environment. We have absolutely no clue as to what really happened or what didn't. But that is beside the point. What's past is past. MJ is so much stronger for all that he's gone through.
    Last edited by LindaC781; 10-02-2008 at 04:59 PM.
    Be sure to visit my family's music page - http://www.bandromeda.com/user/1005

  9. #249
    Points: 15,391, Level: 80
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Datsymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South East London
    Posts
    6,488
    Points
    15,391
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    This topic doesn't even fit on the news area. I don't know why we have even revisited this subject. I have noticed that whenever there is good news about Mj someone always revive something negative about the man or his family. It never fails. I have said all I have to say on the subject. I see nothing more to be gained from persuing it.,
    I love Joseph Jackson and I am mighty grateful to him for what he did for his family. I love Katherine too and all the Jackson family. Including MJ. I am here to support him as I allways have. I shall not read anymore of this crappy thread. There is nothing uplifting here. Bye.
    Last edited by Datsymay; 10-02-2008 at 06:30 PM.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

  10. #250
    Points: 13,073, Level: 74
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA USA
    Posts
    3,208
    Points
    13,073
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    DatsyMay...I hope that I didn't do anything to offend you....I honor and respect your opinion on the subject...it is an interesting subject...but it did deviate from the original topic - and that was the author's thoughts on the documentary "Living with Michael Jackson". And I still say that Bashir had this hidden agenda all along....that he picked and chose topics and then presented them in an extremely negative and uncomfortable light. Like for one, MJ loves to climb trees! And I say BIG DEAL!! If I had the agility of MJ, I'd love to climb trees too right now!! It would be FUN to look down at the world from the vantage point of a tree!! Hey, I used to climb trees all the time when I was a kid - me and my next-door neighbor would actually sit on one branch, and have our lunches up in the tree in her back yard!! SO PHOOEY ON YOU MARTIN BASHIR !! You do NOT know how to have fun!! Heck - just talking about that makes me wanna climb the tree again! LOL!
    Be sure to visit my family's music page - http://www.bandromeda.com/user/1005

  11. #251
    Points: 15,391, Level: 80
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Datsymay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South East London
    Posts
    6,488
    Points
    15,391
    Level
    80
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by LindaC781 View Post
    DatsyMay...I hope that I didn't do anything to offend you....I honor and respect your opinion on the subject...it is an interesting subject...but it did deviate from the original topic - and that was the author's thoughts on the documentary "Living with Michael Jackson". And I still say that Bashir had this hidden agenda all along....that he picked and chose topics and then presented them in an extremely negative and uncomfortable light. Like for one, MJ loves to climb trees! And I say BIG DEAL!! If I had the agility of MJ, I'd love to climb trees too right now!! It would be FUN to look down at the world from the vantage point of a tree!! Hey, I used to climb trees all the time when I was a kid - me and my next-door neighbor would actually sit on one branch, and have our lunches up in the tree in her back yard!! SO PHOOEY ON YOU MARTIN BASHIR !! You do NOT know how to have fun!! Heck - just talking about that makes me wanna climb the tree again! LOL!
    No Linda, you did not offend me. I love reading your blogs, you are an independent thinker and you see things from both sides. God bless you.
    I hope you understand that I was not dissing Mj but I have to acknowledge that where the media is involved sometimes things get a little hyped and even exaggerated.
    I just don't like to hear Joe being called evil names when he did nothing with evil intentions.
    1995 Grammy Awards MJ said that he worked very hard and had very little childhood, but at the end of the day, HE WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING.

    Not so long ago Chris Tucker said that Mj, 'Can't believe that he is really Michael jackson'
    Later in Ebony Magazine the interviewer wrote that MJ was happy in his own skin.
    I believe MJ is contented with himself and is in a happy place right now, and not the emotional damaged goods that some fans want to paint him as.
    I believe Michael when he said, 'He wouldn't change a thing.'
    Yes, I used to climb trees too. I loved it.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

  12. #252
    Points: 13,073, Level: 74
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA USA
    Posts
    3,208
    Points
    13,073
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Climbing trees during my childhood was the BEST!! Especially when you're sitting on a branch, eating Peanutbutter Fluff sandwiches...and RING DINGS FOR DESSERT!!! LOL!!
    Be sure to visit my family's music page - http://www.bandromeda.com/user/1005

  13. #253
    Points: 12,906, Level: 74
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,053
    Points
    12,906
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Comparing Michael's account of his childhood to the accusations leveled against him by Gavin Arvizo is implausable. Gavin was accuisng Michael of a crime which could have put him behind bars for the better part of the rest of his life. He was accusing Michael of being a sex offender. That wasn't about his "emotions" over what happened, that was about him making up a blatent lie which was shown as such by court evidence. Joseph doesn't deny hitting his children, Michael's brothers don't deny that Joseph used to hit them. This isn't an accusation. It's the truth, confirmed by ALL party's involved. So in that regard, it shares no resemblance with Gavin Arvizo's accusations. All party's involved in that DON'T confirm it to be a reality. Michael isn't making up the fact that his father used to beat him and his brothers or that Joe was cold towards them. Jermaine confirmes it, Marlon confirms is, Tito confirms it, Jackie confirms it, etc... Michael is simply recounting what those times were like for him and he is recounting how it made him feel inside and how it still makes him feel. Again, those are his emotions and feelings and how he himself was impacted, deep down inside, by it. Michael has no reason to lie, and as I explained earlier, he doesn't want to paint his father in a bad light. He doesn't offer to talk about it, he dosn't want to upset Joe. It's never been his intent. He's only answered with honesty about what happened and how he felt as a kid, when posed the questions. They are his emotions and you cannot tell Michael his emotions are wrong.
    Last edited by wannabestartinsomthin21; 10-02-2008 at 10:41 PM.

  14. #254
    Points: 17,711, Level: 84
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,902
    Points
    17,711
    Level
    84
    Blog Entries
    9
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 334 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Thing is, of course he wouldn't change a thing cuz it made him who he is. No one is even disputing that. But that doesn't mean MJ hasn't suffered extensively because of it. He has changed and struggled with it over time...to end up where he is now.



  15. #255
    Points: 2,293, Level: 28
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,561
    Points
    2,293
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

    Damn, wannabe said it. Saves me some typing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •