Thread: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

I guess I'm the only person here who didn't watch it to this day. I saw some parts but not all documentary.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by virginia_woolf View Post
    I guess I'm the only person here who didn't watch it to this day. I saw some parts but not all documentary.
    No you aren't the only one. I still have as yet to watch the documentary from beginning to end.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you - Friedrich Nietzsche

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

A lot of people became fans from seeing it so some good came out of it. And it opened the door for clearing up lots of confusion from the past so, in the end I feel it was aaall gooood

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

overall the Bashir documentary is a deception. at least to michael. this is the rason why to this day, i can never forgive bashir for his sliminess.

he got michael's trust to open up his private world and look what mike got in return! he got back stabbed. notice his malicious innuendos in his voice-overs! was that a right way to treat michael's graciousness?

what makes it more pathetic was how obviously bashir took advantage of mike's childlike trust. it was a complete betrayal!
    Last edited by gemini27; 29-12-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gemini27 View Post
    overall the Bashir documentary is a deception. at least to michael. this is the rason why to this day, i can never forgive bashir for his sliminess.

he got michael's trust to open up his private world and look what mike got in return! he got back stabbed. notice his malicious innuendos in his voice-overs! was that a right way to treat michael's graciousness?

what makes it more pathetic was how obviously bashir took advantage of mike's childlike trust. it was a complete betrayal!
    Yeah, that was really sh*tty. It's hard to watch for that reason alone, its so sad.
    Last edited by wannabestartinsomthin21; 30-12-2007 at 03:53 AM.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

It could of been a great interview if done the way it should of but that man was just tring to make Michael look bad so i dont like it at all. But we did see some great and sweet stuff out of Michael and how innocent he really is. Its a shame it turned out the way it did .

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I think the documentary was awful. It had only bad intentions behind it so i cant think anything else and be all happy cause it showed alot of Michaels life....it dosent matter. It was all made fun of and used for hatred. To me that makes this one of the worst ever made about him.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,775 Times in 2,238 Posts

In my opinion I hated what Bashir did.. The interview should never gone down that route.. It put Michaels life through HELL.. Tom Sneddon began an investigation BECAUSE of that interview.. BASHIR is a bad man..

On the flip side, I enjoy watching it for ONE reason.. It was the first and only time we saw Michael in a personable way, in the sence getting fusterated, defending himself, showing love.. etc.. It showed his personality A LOT.. Which I LOVE.

But of course I would sacrifice ever being able to see him and his personality shine to have this interview NEVER happen.. It put him through hell.
    Walk in truth, stand IN JUSTICE https://twitter.com/rasheedKOPV?s=09

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STATEofSHOCK View Post
    A lot of people became fans from seeing it so some good came out of it. And it opened the door for clearing up lots of confusion from the past so, in the end I feel it was aaall gooood
    I became a fan and supporter after the bashumentary, so did my entire family.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    1 year registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J5master View Post
    I recently had a BIG argument about this BUT...

long story short, I think the documentary would've went FINE if it wasn't for bashir. Some fans wanna argue that Mj was so "crazy" and sporadic at that time that it would've been a disaster anyway, but that's just fiction...MJ was perfectly sane :lol: Cuz the jury at the trial saw the WHOLE ENTIRE thing unedited...and some fans who were in the courtroom also saw for themselves exactly HOW much things were copied and pasted to make MJ look crazy. They say that it's almost unimaginable. There are a lot of moments where MJ was kidding and Bashir would cut it so it made him look like he was dead serious. Stuff like that. It's pretty nuts. And some parts MJ got really really upset and started talking with exasperation but the way it was cut...it looked like Mj was being so serious about it.

But in reality the unedited documentary made the jury even more sympathetic for him.

There were a lot of great moments in that documentary though. if ONLY that thing would have gone RIGHT, things would have been sooo much different. It probably would have had a very positive effect on public opinion.

For me though I saw right through Bashir and thought the documentary was pretty decent when it aired...on MJ's part I mean. I mean it's pretty easy to see through Bashirs goofy voiceovers, only if you WANT to.
    Why doesn't it get released?
    Does anyone know where i can watch it HQ?
    Last edited by clairedelune777; 25-01-2008 at 03:53 PM.
    When you look up to the starry sky at night, see what you dream,
    be what you feel, know that God is with you and just take that chance
    Because you only live once!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,775 Times in 2,238 Posts

In Michael Jackson: Conspiracy there are exerpts of quotes from the footage..

talked about plastic sergary more indepth, Bashir tried to bring up Priests molesting children, seeing where it would go :mad:.... Some other things..

When it came to plastic sergary what Michael said made perfect sence..

As we know MJ has mentioned he's done two nose jobs, and put a cleft in his chin.. Michael also said, that when he got his nose job, they pinched the skin inwards making his eyes appear bigger.. Which explained why people keep saying he had eye sergary.. He also mentioned celebs that got plastic sergary.. He even said something like.. "Look at Barbara Walters, she just recently got a face lift. You can see it in the face."

HA HA HA!!!
    Walk in truth, stand IN JUSTICE https://twitter.com/rasheedKOPV?s=09

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

The first half of the documentary was great, but Bash*t ruined the second half. He's a complete ass****. :rant:
    Last edited by FinalEyes; 25-01-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Rest in peace, Michael. Teach the angels to moonwalk.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    1 year registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I actually became a fan after watching this. I'd never really gave mj much thought in the past, noone seems to like him much in Australia But i thought he seemed really sweet and likeable in this, esp next to that Bashir clown who i was sick of within the first ten minutes (and this was before i was even a fan) Yes, i know that this documentry caused lots of probs for him in the later months, and it really wasnt a good thing in the end, i guess, but i think it definitely drummed up alot of sympathy as well as record sales for him in the process. Mj didn't really say anything terrible in this interview, it was the voice overs, innuendos and smug interviewing that seemed to get him into trouble.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Spy View Post
    I think Living with Michael Jackson is brilliant and so interesting...you just have to know how to watch it! I only focus on what Michael says...pay no attention to the voice over.
    Exactly! When you ignore Bashir's stupid questions and his own bizarre comments every now and then, the document shows that side of Michael we don't get to see just like that. You know what he's like when he's on road, what he's like when he's shopping and the daddy side of him

Quote Originally Posted by STATEofSHOCK View Post
    That's true

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J5master View Post
    I recently had a BIG argument about this BUT...

long story short, I think the documentary would've went FINE if it wasn't for bashir. Some fans wanna argue that Mj was so "crazy" and sporadic at that time that it would've been a disaster anyway, but that's just fiction...MJ was perfectly sane :lol: Cuz the jury at the trial saw the WHOLE ENTIRE thing unedited...and some fans who were in the courtroom also saw for themselves exactly HOW much things were copied and pasted to make MJ look crazy. They say that it's almost unimaginable. There are a lot of moments where MJ was kidding and Bashir would cut it so it made him look like he was dead serious. Stuff like that. It's pretty nuts. And some parts MJ got really really upset and started talking with exasperation but the way it was cut...it looked like Mj was being so serious about it.

But in reality the unedited documentary made the jury even more sympathetic for him.

There were a lot of great moments in that documentary though. if ONLY that thing would have gone RIGHT, things would have been sooo much different. It probably would have had a very positive effect on public opinion.

For me though I saw right through Bashir and thought the documentary was pretty decent when it aired...on MJ's part I mean. I mean it's pretty easy to see through Bashirs goofy voiceovers, only if you WANT to.

are you sure theres an "unedited version" of the BASHIR docu?
    i would think that there are scenes that he didnt include ....that were later shown
    in the follow up docu...
    i just dont see how it would make sense that bashir makes a nice docu
    THEN editing it with a negativ twist for TV...
    but then show the jury the "original" docu.

maybe they were shown the bashir docu PLUS michaels follow up docu?
    Last edited by Triumph; 25-01-2008 at 05:33 PM.