Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

elusive moonwalker

Default Re: My thoughts on Living With Michael Jackson

Surely he should have got some control over the final edit?
    he supposedly did but bashir went awol and finished/edited the programe on his own. it was the to late for mj to get an induction. been there done that re what mj should and shoudnt have done. then again the discussion would have never taken place if david rothenberg ,who was filmed the same day as s***head was used in the programe instead but that goes against the agenda bashit had

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloved Pimp View Post
    When you couple it with them speaking about sharing a bed, it takes on a different meaning, especially considering MJs past and he should have known that. The world aint all sweetness and light despite people wishing it was.
    No it des not because 2/ 3 rds of the entire world DO share beds woith children. |Unfortunately we in the western world have SEXUALISED our children so much that a mother can't even breast feed her baby now without suspicions let alone sleep in the same bed with them. It is we who are corrupt, not MJ. I often wonder how Sneddon and the mother got off with putting those nasty sexual stories in those children's head and feel no guilt about it. They have damaged those children for life.
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloved Pimp View Post
    Still in the end, there he is with a 12 yr old talking about sharing eachothers bed which ofcourse MJ sees no problem with, but thats the problem in the end. But hey lets not get bogged down in that old issue.
    Would you have a problem sharing a bed with a child? Cause if you do you need to seek help. Any adult who has a problem with sharing a bed with a child need to seekl help.:huh:
    Mr Jackson was very strong and powerful, and he was scary in a way, but not without a sense of humour, although it was clear that all the children had a huge amount of respect for their dad.
    'I had a set opinion of the family beforehand and, because my perception of them changed while making the film, ...They came across as a steady, committed family, whereas it was the people around them who were scrabbling in the dirt. British reporter.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I'll never forgive Bashir for what he did, he tried to overcome himself by ruining Mike's life but look who got through it! I'm sure that Bashir is still trying to proclaim his innocense but it was so freakin' EDITED that he pulled off his scheming plan. But that's in the PAST and in my opinion... the affectionate cuddling with Gavin was just a loving embrace between a father figure and himself..... the whole ordeal with Gavin's mother and the men in her life was dealt with back then and I'm happy that the trial had a POSITIVE outcome (I knew all along that he had done NOTHING to him or any other child) noone was happier than me <3

Pure soul

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Datsymay View Post
    No it des not because 2/ 3 rds of the entire world DO share beds woith children. |Unfortunately we in the western world have SEXUALISED our children so much that a mother can't even breast feed her baby now without suspicions let alone sleep in the same bed with them. It is we who are corrupt, not MJ. I often wonder how Sneddon and the mother got off with putting those nasty sexual stories in those children's head and feel no guilt about it. They have damaged those children for life.
    Basically my point and thoughts exactly but i didn't feel like going into it...AGAIN lol

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Break_of_dawn View Post
    I'll never forgive Bashir for what he did, he tried to overcome himself by ruining Mike's life but look who got through it! I'm sure that Bashir is still trying to proclaim his innocense but it was so freakin' EDITED that he pulled off his scheming plan. But that's in the PAST and in my opinion... the affectionate cuddling with Gavin was just a loving embrace between a father figure and himself..... the whole ordeal with Gavin's mother and the men in her life was dealt with back then and I'm happy that the trial had a POSITIVE outcome (I knew all along that he had done NOTHING to him or any other child) noone was happier than me <3
    True that. I was sitting in a classroon surrounded by 6 year old chidlren when one of them came up to me and planted a kiss on my cheek. Was I supposed to rebuke the child for showing appreciation, Children are mainly innocent until they are corrupted. Shame on us when we can't even show affection to children any more.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

[quote=last unicorn;1268903]I cannot watch that documenary any more, it sickens me to think what came out of it. It would have been good if someone else would have done the interview, but Bashir went into it with bad intentions. MJ let him into his private life, told him his personal feelings, and Bashir exploited that and abused MJ's trust. The documentary and everything that followed was a disaster, mostly pr-wise. It turned out to be the opposite of what MJ had intended. [quote]

and that makes the interview repulsive. as the saying goes..."a truth told with bad intent beats all the lies u can invent"

the interview was done purposely to destroy michael! or else how wud u explain that on camera,bashir was buddy buddy with michael but off-cam (those things that michael did not actually hear like the voice-overs) , bashir was so full of malicious slants. some of his comments were downright misleading! what makes it cringe inducing was how michael was deceived throughout the interview. michael thought he was opening up his soul to a friend but bashir was anything but a friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
    I feel sorry for Michael, but I also blame him because he let Bashir get away with it and didn't take any control in the editing of the programme.
    it was michael's childlike trust that did him....makes me hate bashir more
    Last edited by gemini27; 25-01-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1 year registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I agree... (that was so sweet "Datsymay") I'm studying right now to become a nursery school teacher and I've practised on several kindergardens and children can be very straight forwarded and thank you in their on little ways, I would never rebuke a child who wants a cuddle. The world needs HOPE because the world is so messed up with all these messages circulating around "do this" "loose weight" "change your personality" etc..... it's terrifying!

I don't believe in many people but I can see that Michael is honest in his approach to children and in appreciation of his kindness children respond back...

who wouldn't?

Why don't people in general approach others as they wanna be treated? I think I'll never recieve an answer to that one I'm afraid but at least there is hope^_^
    Last edited by Break_of_dawn; 25-01-2008 at 09:46 PM.

Pure soul

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

It's unfortunate that there was so much negativity surrounding this documentary after it aired and of course we all know what the airing of this show led to, but I have to say that there were several parts of the documentary that I enjoyed. I especially liked towards the end when MJ was being interviewed. MJ seemed a bit annoyed with Bashir towards the end of the documentary though but who can blame him? Bashir is so two faced and annoying.

And When The Groove
    Is Dead And Gone
    You Know That Love Survives
    So We Can Rock Forever
    1958-Forever!!!

elusive moonwalker

but I also blame him because he let Bashir get away with it and didn't take any control in the editing of the programme
    he tried but couldnt stop it

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I have always thought that maybe Michael should let his fans to do a document about him. I believe they could bring out that side of Michael the world should really see. There wouldn't be any stupid questions about his plastic surgeries or humiliating questions about his childhood etc. No more tears and sadness. Michael Jackson, the music maker. Michael Jackson, the familyman and most of all, Michael Jackson a normal human being.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    he supposedly did but bashir went awol and finished/edited the programe on his own. it was the to late for mj to get an induction. been there done that re what mj should and shoudnt have done. then again the discussion would have never taken place if david rothenberg ,who was filmed the same day as s***head was used in the programe instead but that goes against the agenda bashit had
    What I actually thought was that he'd already organised release dates and signed contracts and stuff before Michael could officially approve it. Michael apparently did have a pre-release screening of it a couple of days before it was released, and tried to stop it, but couldn't do much about it. The problem was that Michael actually signed contracts to allow this guy to film him, so any footage could be used in the finished product... (something like that anyways) I am sure if Michael could have stopped it, he would have

Quote Originally Posted by Break_of_dawn View Post
    I'll never forgive Bashir for what he did, he tried to overcome himself by ruining Mike's life but look who got through it! I'm sure that Bashir is still trying to proclaim his innocense but it was so freakin' EDITED that he pulled off his scheming plan. But that's in the PAST and in my opinion...
    True. I won't forgive him either and I don't think many in the industry have either. check his IMDB profile- he's done nothing since LWMJ. (except for archive appearances etc)

It is in the past now. It was like 4 years ago! (Whoa time goes quick!)

Quote Originally Posted by Reeta View Post
    I have always thought that maybe Michael should let his fans to do a document about him. I believe they could bring out that side of Michael the world should really see. There wouldn't be any stupid questions about his plastic surgeries or humiliating questions about his childhood etc. No more tears and sadness. Michael Jackson, the music maker. Michael Jackson, the familyman and most of all, Michael Jackson a normal human being.
    Now that would be a documentary! I got a shiver up my spine reading that! I can just see it now- it would be absolutely brilliant.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reeta View Post

Reeta, I have always thought the same! The perfect interview would be one of his fans (obviously me!) asking the man about music, video, live shows etc. I'd try not to make it too sycophantic but really try and get into the mind of the genius that creates such sublime music.
    I CAN'T TAKE IT 'COS I'M TONY

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I'm sick of saying this, but I'm going to again anyway, because it's important.

To blame Michael for what happened is not only useless, it's wrong.

Essentially, when doing that, we are reprimanding Michael for choosing to see the good in life rather then the bad. It is people's kill or be killed, survival mentality that makes the world such a hurtful and rotten place to live in. So when someone like Michael comes along, which isn't very often, who is willing to put himself in harms way and is willing to sacrifice his own safety and needs in order to hold on to his values and ideals, that should be admired and applauded, not criticized. It's people like Michael who makes this world a better place. Instead of allowing himself to become jaded and cynical, instead of allowing himself to be blinded by the conditioned surface of what society has forced something to become or by what society says a thing is, he looks well passed that and sees to a things core. He has a fundamental belief that even in the worst, there is real good.

The fault isn't in Michael's willingness to look for the good in people; it is in people's willingness to take advantage of his goodness for their own gain. The reason people become jaded is because if they try to be good, they get burned, just like Michael did. But Michael is a special person and just because he was betrayed, that didn't cause him to let go of his ideals and stop being kind, like most people do. He kept on and continues to because he's above that conditioning that the world puts on most people.

Again, that should be admired, not attacked.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marnifrances View Post
    Now that would be a documentary! I got a shiver up my spine reading that! I can just see it now- it would be absolutely brilliant.
    I seriously believe it'd be an awesome document

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    Reeta, I have always thought the same! The perfect interview would be one of his fans (obviously me!) asking the man about music, video, live shows etc. I'd try not to make it too sycophantic but really try and get into the mind of the genius that creates such sublime music.
    Count me in Maybe we should contact him and ask him? :lol: