TV Alert: Lee Thomas on Larry King tonight

Just a heads up guys. Tonight on Larry King, Lee Thomas, the Detroit TV Reporter who suffers from Vitiligo, is going to be on. He has been publicly supporting Michael throughout his campaign in talking about this disorder.

Just a heads up guys. Tonight on Larry King, Lee Thomas, the Detroit TV Reporter who suffers from Vitiligo, is going to be on. He has been publicly supporting Michael throughout his campaign in talking about this disorder.
Thanks, I'll be sure to watch. This should be good pr for Mike.

Yeah, it should be interesting. When he was on 20/20 he said some things that could really be related to Michael. About how he didn't tell anybody about his problem for 4 years. How he became extremely reclusive, that he thought he looked like a monster when he would stare in the mirror, that he was afraid of other people seeing the same, etc... He suffered in much the same way Michael has obviously.

Last edited:
If I miss it coz it comes on really late over here, can someone let me know what the callers said (that and what Lee said about MJ). Thanx

Thomas: ...When the most famous gloved one put on his one glove--he has Vitiligo as well--I understand why, because I got it on my left hand, and I started to wear one glove when I would do a report.

King: Does Michael Jackson refer to himself as having Vitiligo?

Thomas: He does. He said it to Oprah Winfrey. He said it to Martin Bashir, a British journalist. He does have Vitiligo. And, I could not imagine--there's only a few hundred thousand people that watch me in Detroit. But, being the most famous person on the planet, and having this disease, when you look one way on an album cover but when you're at home you look like the cover of my book there, it must've been tough to deal with. To have hundreds of millions of people looking at you and having to keep that secret.

Lee was great. His comments about Michael were REALLY supportive and on point. Talking about having the world see you as one way and then you go home, take off your make up and you look like he does on the cover of his book, and saying how tough that is, being the most famous man on the planet. His understanding and empathy towards Michael is great. And just his overall attitude towards life is refreshing.

Larry King pisses me off with his stupid comments. His question about Michael is absurd. He knows good and well that Michael has stated he has vitiligo, he's heard Jermaine say so, but he acts as though he's never heard that before. Pff.

Last edited:
Thomas: ...When the most famous gloved one put on his one glove--he has Vitiligo as well--I understand why, because I got it on my left hand, and I started to wear one glove when I would do a report.

King: Does Michael Jackson refer to himself as having Vitiligo?

Thomas was great, but sometimes I swear that King asks the dumbest questions. Is this the first time he's heard that MJ has vitiligo? Maybe it's just me, but I thought more people knew MJ has vitiligo.

Lee was great. His comments about Michael were REALLY supportive and on point. Talking about having the world see you as one way and then you go home, take off your make up and you look like he does on the cover of his book, and saying how tough that is, being the most famous man on the planet. His understanding and empathy towards Michael is great. And just his overall attitude towards life is refreshing.

Larry King pisses me off with his stupid comments. His question about Michael is absurd. He knows good and well that Michael has stated he has vitiligo, he's heard Jermaine say so, but he acts as though he's never heard that before. Pff.

I think Larry does that on purpose almost as if to say I'll only believe it if Michael comes on my show and tell me. It's a backhanded way of trying to provoke Mike and when most reporters do it, that never ever works especially with Michael Jackson. Totally agree with everything else you said wbbs :flowers:

Thomas was great, but sometimes I swear that King asks the dumbest questions. Is this the first time he's heard that MJ has vitiligo? Maybe it's just me, but I thought more people knew MJ has vitiligo.

I think that King may play to his audience. He probably assumes they are ignorant and rightly so for a lot of them. Hasn't he been supportive of Michael in the past? He probably asked the question so his audience would hear the answer. It isn't like he is having a one on one conversation with someone out in the woods somewhere.

Let's give thanks to Lee for being a voice and maybe he'll be able to help some people to listen to him in the way they wouldn't listen to MJ.

I think that King may play to his audience. He probably assumes they are ignorant and rightly so for a lot of them. Hasn't he been supportive of Michael in the past? He probably asked the question so his audience would hear the answer. It isn't like he is having a one on one conversation with someone out in the woods somewhere.
This may be true so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. By the way, MJ looks like he has it in your avatar but it's covered by makeup (at least that's the way it looks to me.)

Anyway, Mike's had it so long, seems like folks would be used to it by now.

edit: I don't mean your avatar, I mean Victory2004's avi.

Last edited:
I don't think Larry said that to be stupid or mean, he just said it so Lee would elaborate more about Michael! It was awesome and I taped Lee's whole segment! And I also loved how in the text underneath Lee's name they kept reinforcing the fact that In the the '90's Michael said he has Vitiligo! That was a very nice thing! And Thank You Mr. Thomas for speaking out about this disorder and for speaking up for Michael! I hope Michael saw this broadcast!

Last edited:
Yes i was pleased to hear hin say what he did about Michael just maybe enough people will watch it and see that Michael was telling the trueth all along.

I'm really thankful to Lee Thomas for his efforts at attempting to understand Vitiligo..and his support for MJ.

It also makes me a little sad that some in society refused to understand this any sooner..

If you really watch Larry King a lot, you will see that Larry King IS NOT and HAS NEVER BEEN a really good interviewer. And he has always had a problem with asking stupid type questions about things that should be obvious to him. It is a really old habit he has and he does not just do this with regards to Michael. I have seen him do it with many of his guests.

Wow, just saw it and wow I truly have gotten respect for Lee Thomas. What a great and posetive guy! And I love the comments he said about Michael, I'm glad he brought him up.

When he said that the reason he stayed in in the beginning was little kids, he didn't wanna scare them, and I started wonder how Michael's kidsfriends have reacted if/when Michael went around with no makeup..

I'm so glad Lee Thomas went out with his story. When he took the makeup of I got goosebumps, especially since he was smiling. I think I'll have to buy his book!

I cried watching that interview. I am so grateful to Lee Thomas for putting this out there. But it really hurt my heart when he talked about how people stare at him when he's out in public.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the clip of the interview, Forever Mike. It brought tears to my eyes as well.

Mr King seemed very subdued in that interview and did not even acknowledge the praise that Mr Thomas offered him.

It would be great to see the entire interview.

I don't think Larry said that to be stupid or mean, he just said it so Lee would elaborate more about Michael! It was awesome and I taped Lee's whole segment! And I also loved how in the text underneath Lee's name they kept reinforcing the fact that In the the '90's Michael said he has Vitiligo! That was a very nice thing! And Thank You Mr. Thomas for speaking out about this disorder and for speaking up for Michael! I hope Michael saw this broadcast!

Larry isn't stupid. He likes Michael.

He wants the information to be repeated for those who haven't heard it yet, or for those still in doubt about Michael.

it was shown this morning in europe on cnn's euro channel.
this interview makes mewonder again if lee has had some communication with mj. he seems quite defensive of mj when he gets brought up in the interviews hes given. and talks in quite abit of detail ie the album cover and what not.maybe hes just afan and since hes had vitilgo for years realised that mj had it to

it was shown this morning in europe on cnn's euro channel.
this interview makes mewonder again if lee has had some communication with mj. he seems quite defensive of mj when he gets brought up in the interviews hes given. and talks in quite abit of detail ie the album cover and what not.maybe hes just afan and since hes had vitilgo for years realised that mj had it to
thx for the info, so I missed it already :(

In relation to this, a poster named SameDifference at KOP Discussion offered this information in regards to a conversation over what Michael himself has done to support vitiligo sufferes.

I used to keep contact with the AVRF, not only because of the MJ connection, but because i learned my mother had a form of it (hyperpigmentation and depigmentation at the same time) while she was in assisted living years ago. Anywho, the American Vitiligo Research Foundation sent me packages of info for my mother, and the woman who founded it told me over the telephone that Michael had sent her huge, fat checks in the past, with the stipulation that she never tell the press about it. So yes, you are right, he does do good for charities that have to do with the disorder, on the low.
smile.gif

so I missed it already

yeah sorry. its show around 11am cet time the following day. ie lee was on larry last night in the usa so in europe airs it the morning after. although they show highlights on the weekend show so it might be on again

It just breaks my heart to even imagine what Michael went threw and how he has had to cope with this Vitiligo . Being at the top of his career it just makes me even understand more what he has had to deal with all these years. And i,m so glad the trueth his coming out to not only help Michael but all the others who and will deal with this horrible condition. I can only respect this man for coming forth with his illness.Thanks so much Mr. Thomas.

Last edited:
Back