The Culture Club appreication thread

sweet princess

Proud Member
Culture-Club-Box-Set-227464.jpg
This thread is to show a appreication to the orginal leader singer and his band.
So if any of you love or loved Culture Club, please feel free to post.

:D

I was a very big Culture Club fan and still have all the albums and singles somewhere. I don't follow Boy Georges music life any more (or private). I guess we grew apart. But they made some of the best pop tunes ever, I think.

Thanks for the replies, I loved it when Geroge said, "Thank you for picking a drag queen when you see one." :lol:

I admire their music,

Also loved Boy Georges hair LOL

Last edited:
Because of George's image, the group wasn't taken that seriously. But Mikey, Jon, and Roy are great musicians. Helen Terry, their backup singer is good too. My favorite is Victims.

My favorites
Time(Clock of The Heart)
Miss Me Blind
It's A Miracle
Church of The Poisoned Mind

my favorites are

Time(Clock of The Heart)
Miss Me Blind
Victims
It's A Miracle

An early name the group used was "The Sex Gang Children". I don't think they would have gotten far with that, lol.

An early name the group used was "The Sex Gang Children". I don't think they would have gotten far with that, lol.

Yeah George chose that name, not surprisingly, lol. George was also a short-time member of Bow Wow (the UK trio that recorded their trademark cover of "I Want Candy") but was asked to leave because he wanted to be the sole lead singer.

What a great thread!! Thanks Sweet Princess for starting it! :) :) Yes I've been a big fan of CC, mainly of George since 1982 and I grew up loving him. So I'm not sure if you saw that George, yes THE George I grew up loving tweeted me not once, but TWICE!! Last night and today. He tweeted @ my username. That just means so much to me. I feel so honored that he would even look at my tweets to him.
I love their songs, but my favorites are Time, The Dive, Victims, well that's all I can think of for now. I am just so glad to see this thread especially after what happened to me. :)

Absolutely love them, was slightly obsessed with George when I was about 14 :) hehe

They did some good songs & as DuranDuran stated they were good musicians. Boy George had a good voice too. Time is my favourite but they did quite a few good songs. Oh, & Boy George appeared on an episode of the A Team. I think he performed Karma Chameleon & God Thank You Woman on that show. I remember he was also famous for his eyebrows :lol:

For a short time, there was a woman in the group too. She seems to get ignored. Maybe she wants it that way.

For a short time, there was a woman in the group too. She seems to get ignored. Maybe she wants it that way.
That was Helen Terry. She was their background singer, but was never an official member of the band.

"do you really want to hurt me..do you really want to make me cry"..lol as soon as I saw this thread I started singing that song

[youtube]pmQVWH9u8Xo[/youtube]

I've always been a fan of Culture Club and Boy George :yes:

There is talk about Culture Club coming back for their 30th years anniversary next year :punk:

Helen Terry is not singing much these day, but she is delivering backing vocals for one of the new songs by Scissor Sisters, this one

[youtube]idEDEmlHwfs[/youtube]

There is talk about Culture Club coming back for their 30th years anniversary next year :punk:
I wonder how that's going to work out with George's problems. Roy Hay usually seems like he doesn't want to deal with the issues of the group, so I wonder if he will participate. A few years ago Jon & Mikey went on a tour without the other two, but I don't know how that went.

According to what I heard George is doing fine now, and after-all he has been doing some solo concerts recently... Don't know about Roy? I have not heard anything about him in a long time.

The new Culture Club never really got off their feet, and they quickly turned into the Culture Dub act, they were pretty good, and made some great songs, both covers and originals... but they only lasted for about 1 album, and even that never got a "real" release...

^^^^I didn't know they recorded anything, I thought they were just performing Culture Club songs in concert with a different singer like Journey or Queen.

"do you really want to hurt me..do you really want to make me cry"..lol as soon as I saw this thread I started singing that song

[youtube]pmQVWH9u8Xo[/youtube]

I did the exact same thing..:lmao: I use to be a big culter club fan back in the day...lol

Back