MJ Airs On Mainstream Australian Radio

AVERMAN

Proud Member
Sydney radio station 2Day FM played Wanna Be Startin Somethin 2008 this afternoon at around 4:45pm (the time of day where most people are in their cars going home from work and are listening to the radio). Following the song, the host gave a fairly detailed (and positive) plug about the upcoming Thriller 25 album, including the fact that there will be singles released, who worked on the album, as well as the guests who appear on the album.

I feel that this is a big step forward for Michael Jackson as 2Day FM is a radio station that concentrates mainly on "Top 40" hits and appeals to the younger audience.

Whoa, thats a big step forward in general for an Australian radio station! Over here in Perth I haven't heard a MJ song for months, and if I do it's always on the "Golden Oldies" type of station, and it's usually Don't Stop till You Get Enough or Billie Jean.
Horray for 2dayFM!

Get some one Gold Coast radio in Queensland, Australia :lol:
I might ring them now and see if theyre gonna play it:)

That's nothing. I was listening to a radio station yesterday, but I'm not sure which one because my car radio is stuffed up and wont show anything on the screen anymore. But I can still tune in because it has a knobby thing. But the knobby thing doesn't have numbers or anything so I just have to keep turning it to find popular radio stations I like. Anyway, I have no idea what radio station this was but the DJ was such a champion. He said he was sent a CD of a new Michael Jackson remix to play. But he said he listened to it and it angered him how bad it was because he liked to original so much. So instead he played the original. It was "Wanna Be Startin' Something" so it must have been the Akon remix he was talking about. But why was he sent that remix? I thought "The Girl Is Mine" with will.i.am was supposed to be the promotional single for Thriller 25.

That's nothing. I was listening to a radio station yesterday, but I'm not sure which one because my car radio is stuffed up and wont show anything on the screen anymore. But I can still tune in because it has a knobby thing. But the knobby thing doesn't have numbers or anything so I just have to keep turning it to find popular radio stations I like. Anyway, I have no idea what radio station this was but the DJ was such a champion. He said he was sent a CD of a new Michael Jackson remix to play. But he said he listened to it and it angered him how bad it was because he liked to original so much. So instead he played the original. It was "Wanna Be Startin' Something" so it must have been the Akon remix he was talking about. But why was he sent that remix? I thought "The Girl Is Mine" with will.i.am was supposed to be the promotional single for Thriller 25.

interesting. which country are you in?

It's great he's getting radio play! I wonder if the new single in Australia is WBSS then, because TGIM is definitely not available in Australia yet... (and it should be :lol:)

Ive heard WBSS, TGISM and BI on SA-FM here in Oz :)

We will deffo get The Girl Is Mine single.

Last edited:
What i suggest you do is email or call your local radio stations and request TGIM be added to their playlist. Once its on the playlist it will get played every single day, twice, for at least 7 days:)

Hot Tomato emailed me this when i asked if TGIM is gonna be added to playlist:

Hi Damien,

Thanks very much for contacting Hot Tomato regarding MJ’s new song feat. Will.i.am.

We haven’t added it to our playlist yet but every week we have music meetings where we look at what is new and if a song meets all the right criteria than it will be added.

Thanks again Damien and I hope you continue to enjoy listening to Hot Tomato.

Kind regards

Al Dobie

Maybe we should get the request campaign going? Didn't we have a list of radio stations to request to? Everyone can add their area to it.:phone:
:cookiemonster:

Submit request on below link:)
http://www.nova1069.com.au/site/nova_music/request_a_song.aspx

For anyone in Australia you can submit a request here. I just submitted a request for The Girl Is Mine.. it only has to get played a few times on a few stations before ALL the other stations decide they dont wanna be the only one not playing it.

ANYONE can request this, even if they don't live in Oz.

Just pick a suburb from this list on Wiki and use that in your request:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sydney_suburbs

here in victoria WBSS aired yesterday ive already heard it twice on nova 1003 and it is in the hot 30 countdown (1019 fox fm), the negative is that the hosts were being smart asses, i couldnt believe my ears when one scoffingly (is that a word???) said that it was wrong of "wacko" to be riding under the success of others, wtf??? :mad: what a complete idiot

but the positive and more important news is that irregardless of the hosts stupidity WBSS debuted on the countdown at #16 and undoubtedly will continue to climb :D

Last edited:
I used to listen to 2day FM when I lived in the city. I can't really pick up any good radio stations now, because my mother moved us out to the middle of nowhere! :lol: But, yeah, it's great to hear they played the song :yes:

Last edited:
Relax Marni... I'm not sure about iTunes but I just searched JBHiFi and Sanity.

I searched JBHiFi for Thriller 25 vinyl and it said it was available to order so I'm going to go in tomorrow to ask about it.

And Sanity will have both versions on Thriller 25 and will have TGIM 2008...

TGIM.jpg

Back